Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clarins Expertise 3P (Poly Pollution Protection)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I ran across this the other day when passing through TSC. Has anyone heard of it? Clarins' is touting it as a "worldwide first". Here is the intro write-up...

If electromagnetic waves can penetrate walls, imagine what they can do to your skin. Today, electromagnetic waves generated by a host of modern day devices join the list of well-known pollutants which can damage skin. For the first time, Clarins Research has revealed the link between accelerated skin ageing and exposure to artificial electromagnetic waves.* Clarins introduces Expertise 3P™ (Poly Pollution Protection) – a worldwide first.

From the skin care experts at Clarins to you - ramp up your skin care regimen with E3p Screen Mist, a new health and beauty treatment that helps protect your skin from all types of known pollutants, including electromagnetic waves. This mist acts as a shield, coating it with an imperceptible and invigorating film.
* Clarins discovery. The subject of a scientific research paper.

What do you make of it?

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/category/beauty.do?e=1&Ne=100025&N=100038+126159&cm_re=A-_-HPN-_-061228Clarins
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I ran across this the other day when passing through TSC. Has anyone heard of it? Clarins' is touting it as a "worldwide first". Here is the intro write-up...

If electromagnetic waves can penetrate walls, imagine what they can do to your skin. Today, electromagnetic waves generated by a host of modern day devices join the list of well-known pollutants which can damage skin. For the first time, Clarins Research has revealed the link between accelerated skin ageing and exposure to artificial electromagnetic waves.* Clarins introduces Expertise 3P™ (Poly Pollution Protection) – a worldwide first.

From the skin care experts at Clarins to you - ramp up your skin care regimen with E3p Screen Mist, a new health and beauty treatment that helps protect your skin from all types of known pollutants, including electromagnetic waves. This mist acts as a shield, coating it with an imperceptible and invigorating film.
* Clarins discovery. The subject of a scientific research paper.

What do you make of it?

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/category/beauty.do?e=1&Ne=100025&N=100038+126159&cm_re=A-_-HPN-_-061228Clarins

the words, "coating and film" freak me out. I am a nut over stuff filming on my face, can't imagine putting makeup on over that!!!
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
i am a huge clarins fan, but that does sound kinda freaky!what do you guys think?
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
haha, you know what?that seems like something micheal jackson would use, for those psycho type of ppl..heheheh
havana8

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
it sounds like a sort of "sunscreen" mist to protect you from your laptop or ipod... Laughing is that even possible? Think it sounds too tinfoil-hat crazy!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I like Clarins too, - but this stuff makes me snort. I watched the Clarins reps on the Canadian Shopping Channel blethering on about it and they said nothing that even nearly convinced me that this stuff isn't snake oil. From what I know so far, this stuff sounds ridiculous to an almost insulting degree. Xray techs wear lead overcoats for a reason. If this 3P stuff did anything remotely similar to protecting us from electromagnetic waves then it would be headline news. Clarins claims that it "helps to protect" - and nothing else...well so will a layer of nivea cream...the question is to what degree does
it protect? We don't hear squat about that. I'd love to hear more about the science of this. If there is anyone out there can shed light - please enlighten us Smile ..Until then, all I have to say is "SNORT".
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ha. Sounds like a marketing tactic. I noticed this in a Sephora email I received and did a search on EDS to see if anything had been said about it.

I mean, what's so special about the ingredients that would make it a "worldwide first"?:
Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Lapsana Communis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Biotin, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol.

In Clarins' words:
-Thermus Thermophilus (marine micro-organism): Survives extremes in temperature.
-Rhodiola Rosea (perennial plant extract): Exceptional capacity for resistance.
-White Tea (plant extract): Fights free radicals and pollution.
-Succory Dock-Cress (annual plant): Fights free radicals; prevents irritation.
-Glycofilm Anti-Pollution Screen (made from glucose and glucuronic acid): Limits effects of pollution.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Hmm...I was shopping this weekend and asked about it at the Clarins counter (they had huge posters up advertising it), and none of the SAs seemed to know much about it. No samples either Sad .
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Clarins is grasping at straws. I just don't understand why a product like this when there are numerous antioxidant products that are already available.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Ha. Sounds like a marketing tactic. I noticed this in a Sephora email I received and did a search on EDS to see if anything had been said about it.

I mean, what's so special about the ingredients that would make it a "worldwide first"?:
Water, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Lapsana Communis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Biotin, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol.

In Clarins' words:
-Thermus Thermophilus (marine micro-organism): Survives extremes in temperature.
-Rhodiola Rosea (perennial plant extract): Exceptional capacity for resistance.
-White Tea (plant extract): Fights free radicals and pollution.
-Succory Dock-Cress (annual plant): Fights free radicals; prevents irritation.
-Glycofilm Anti-Pollution Screen (made from glucose and glucuronic acid): Limits effects of pollution.

Hi Amnis - thanks for posting this...You guys wouldn't have believed how ridiculous the Clarins representatives sounded when they tried to "sell" this stuff on the Canadian Shopping Channel (exclusive to TSC right now)...It was a farce!!! While I DID order 3 other Clarins products (because usually their stuff is awesome - I'll review them soon) there was NO WAY i was going to order this stuff....I'd LOVE to hear from someone who has purchased this!
Pudoodles
havana8

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Sephora's latest newsletter has it listed too. Here's the blurb:

TOTAL PROTECTION
Studies show electromagnetic waves from cell phones speed up the aging process. After your daily moisturizer and SPF, spritz this skin-saving spray around the face, ears and neck.

Expertise 3P. What it is: An antioxidant, antiaging treatment for the face. What it is formulated to do: E3P protects skin from the electromagnetic effects of today's modern day conveniences like cell phones and computers and helps neutralize the harmful effects of pollution and artificial lighting.

Beside it on the newsletter is this...

AGE DEFENSE
Breathe deep and indulge in this aromatherapy approach to age-defense containing a stress-busting pheromone. Dab a small amount onto the upper lip, under the nostrils and pulse points multiple times daily. New N.V. Perricone M.D Neuropeptide Synergy Anti-Aging Aromatic Pheromone, $250.

Neuropeptide Synergy Anti-Aging Aromatic Pheromone. What it is: A neuropeptide, antiaging, aromatic pheromone. What it is formulated to do: Helps elevate mood, increase mental clarity, lower stress, and give an overall sense of well being. What else you need to know: When pheromones are combined with neuropeptides they are able to adhere to receptor sites and carry messages to different parts of the brain affecting areas related to our sense of well being.

Hmmmmm.... Looks like we are moving into a new realm...
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 am      Reply with quote
$250!!!! Splutter.....
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:42 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Yes - the Twilight Zone.
havana8

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Yes - the Twilight Zone.

Laughing
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Yay another product designed to capitalize on peoples' paranoia! Since there's no real life example of what cell phones could potentially do to your skin, how would you even know if it worked?
havana8

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Interesting article from Paula's newsletter that someone posted....

Dear Paula,
I'm a journalist for a fashion magazine published in Brussels. I am writing an article about something I have heard: That sitting in front of a computer screen is dangerous for your skin due to some effect from electromagnetic fields. I read recently that Clarins has developed a spray against all kinds of electromagnetic fields to protect skin from this problem. Could you give me your opinion on this topic? Are electromagnetic waves bad for your skin? Are there any studies concerning this topic you know about?

Goedele, via email

Dear Goedele,
Electromagnetic radiation (low- or high-frequency electrical currents also called electromagnetic fields—EMFs) has been around since the birth of the universe; light is its most familiar form. Electric and magnetic fields are the spectrum comprising electromagnetic radiation, which includes static electricity, magnets, the sun, cell phones, x-rays, radios, televisions, heat lamps, and on and on. Tiny electrical currents are even present in the human body due to the chemical reactions that occur as part of normal bodily functions, even in the absence of external electric fields. For example, nerves relay signals by transmitting electric impulses. Most biochemical reactions, from digestion to brain activity, are associated with the rearrangement of charged (electric) particles. Even the heart is electrically active—an activity a doctor can trace with the help of an electrocardiogram. (How does Clarins plan to protect us from all that?)

There is concern about EMFs, but not just from computer monitors, which are truly a minor source. However, the World Health Organization, after reviewing over 25,000 research papers on the topic, concluded that there is no negative biological consequence associated with low-level electrical currents.

The only issue we know for sure that is a problem for skin is from any light source that emits UVA or UVB radiation. UVA and UVB light (the damaging kind) is not visible to the human eye (meaning that visible light is not UV light). The energy that is in sunlight does include a high percentage of UV radiation. Ordinary light bulbs (technically called incandescent lamps) emit very little UV light and do not require UV filtering or concern. However, tungsten-halogen lamps emit significant UVA light and do require filtering, which some bulbs indicate on the label. Some UV light passes through fluorescent lamps, but not much (Source: Protection From Light Damage, Northeast Document Conservation Center,www.nedcc.org/plam3/tleaf24.htm). The light from computers varies and some people do use screens over their monitors to reduce glare and reduce whatever potential light may be a problem. Unfortunately, it's likely that some of the same women spraying their faces to protect them from computer screens or cell phones are probably still getting tans and not wearing sunscreen every day!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I saw this in the chemists today. I thought it was something to help EM waves to penetrate the skin cos they were good for it ...something along the lines of thermage or whatever.

I figure you may as well just spray a hydrosol on your face Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I got the email about this and it costs around 40.00
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I still think Clarins have lost their minds.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll stick with my Avene thermal water spray - about the same size and only £5ish in Boots!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
Hmm...I was shopping this weekend and asked about it at the Clarins counter (they had huge posters up advertising it), and none of the SAs seemed to know much about it. No samples either Sad .

I looked at it over the weekend when I was buying sunscreen and none of the SA's knew anything about it either. But I did score 2 sample bottles of it. Of course, I forgot about it until I read this so I'll try it out this weekend.

-Cheri
steffers
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh GOD. Thanks to all of you for this informative thread. I was all caught up in the ad, and was all set to research it, and lo and behold, you've all done it for me.

Being a flight attendant, I am always looking for ways to combat the fact that my job will age me faster (eek, i just KNOW it! Time for a new career?), and of course my curiosity was peaked when i saw this ad for Clarins. I am thrilled that it is basically HOGWASH, proven when I read the ingredient list, and what Paula Begoun had to say. I feel sorry for the hoards of women who will get sucked into this. Paranoia is definetly a marketer's dream!

Thank you for saving me $$, and for not allowing me to put yet another product on my face. Very Happy Very Happy

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |