Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ifeelpretty - Healing serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I politely disagree. I think the Pearl Creme needs to be right next to the skin. Apply oils on top. If you do it the other way, the cream cannot penetrate through the oils.

I noticed a huge difference when I put the cream on first, then the oils (healing serum and Decleor ylang ylang).

I did it the other way for awhile and still broke out and was not as matte during the day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I politely disagree. I think the Pearl Creme needs to be right next to the skin. Apply oils on top. If you do it the other way, the cream cannot penetrate through the oils.

I noticed a huge difference when I put the cream on first, then the oils (healing serum and Decleor ylang ylang).

I did it the other way for awhile and still broke out and was not as matte during the day.

ParisTroika,

So I should apply the pearl paste, clarifying serum than healing serum? But when I get the BHA 2% than I should apply this before the pearl paste?

Sorry, I'm just trying to get the order right.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what I do:

Wash face (if needed...I take a shower every morning, so many times I don't).
IFP BHA/AHA...wait 30 minutes for full exfoliation (same goes for plain BHA).
Pearl Creme
In T-zone: Decleor YY oil
Spot treat with Healing serum if needed.

I let this set for 10 minutes before proceeding to my sunscreen, etc.

So BHA first, wait 20-30, then Pearl Creme, then oils.
That's what I did and once I got the hang of this and did it religiously (it took only a week!) my skin got waaay better.

CareKate formulated her kick a** pearl creme to be used right next to the skin. At first I was hesitant to follow her recommendation, fearful of a major breakout...but I got the opposite effect.
The girl knows her stuff!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615, I used to do the same thing (Serum then Pearl Creme), but I noticed a nice tightening of the skin and less oil when I put the Pearl Creme on first. Let the Pearl Creme dry and settle (I wait 2-3 minutes) before I put the serum on.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika & divalovesmusic - Thank you both. I will apply the pearl paste than the clarifying serum. Once I get the BHA than I'll do what ParisTroika recommended.
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
This is one fantastic thread! I've been lucky enough to not get any cysts for a couple of months (touch wood) but am ALWAYS on the look out for cyst killers!

Anyone with sensitive skin useing these serums from IFP?

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Kim the Owner, and her daughter (who has super super sensitive skin) both have sensitive skin and use the healing sereum. (as well as the other products)
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
thanx tangal Smile

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Ok, HELP! Laughing

I just received my Healing Serum on Friday (so nicely packaged in pretty pink tissue paper) and I can't get it to work for me.

How do you apply it? Before or after her facial spritzes? How long do you massage it on for? I am dabbing it on and maybe that is why it isn't working for me?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
U know cuppre, I felt the SAME way when I got it. For me when I tried putting a few drops on my palm and then using my fingers to apply locally I found it was WAY too much and it didn't really absorb. I find spritzing my face DOES help but I don't like doing that when I'm only applying oils to concentrated areas. I also tried a q-tip but I found that I'd have to re-dip it a few times as I have more large areas to cover than just the few blemishes (I wanted to apply it to my area of bumpiness) so q-tip absorbs too much. I've even tried a cotton ball but that picks up way too much oil as well.

I found a nice solution - I decanted some on to a small roller bottle I had from another product which I cleaned out thoroughly and now I apply with that. Sometimes still too much comes out but it is way better than applying with fingers or q-tips. I'm sure you will be able to purchase an empty roller bottle online for a dollar or two (I think they have it at GoW). However I also found that I waste less product if I apply it full face which is what I do sometimes now and I spritz, warm 2 drops up and pat into my face. The thing is I have gotten absolutely NO dryness from it at all and I have been using it for a good few days consecutively AM and PM. I actually found my face got a lot dryer from the BBS than the healing serum. I don't use my BBS anymore - sometimes under my makeup because of the "protective layer" it gives but I do still use my Escents at night full face and then the IFP rolled on in areas.

It's still too early for me to tell how effective IFP really is but I found that my scabs and blemishes healed even quicker than usual. I also prefer using IFP over the BBS because I really hated how BBS left my skin feeling dry and with a mask (that protective layer, that sometimes seems to flake off during the day if I don't apply something over it immediately). Another thing that Kim told me was that if you use facial oils to moisturized you CAN use additional facial oils over top of this product. However because I apply it full face I don't usually do that and because my skin is left pretty comfortable even though it's still winter. In the PM I still use my YY balm as the last step with no problems.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much sormuimui for your fast and detailed reply. *hugs*

I have taken to putting the oil on and then spritzing (as suggested by you) and massaging that on. It is definitely better than before, though it does still look a bit oily, so I might have to try the roller ball method.

I am going to hold off my review at the moment because I want to give this a real test drive, but I have included Kim's comment about the Healing Serum here for everyone to read because I think what she says makes alot of sense:

"For the healing serum, I recommend that it only be used as a spot treatment.
It contains a higher % of essential oils that is recommended for all-over
usage. I know there are a couple of people who say they use it all over
without any problems, but I REALLY do not recommend that at all. There is a
higher risk of developing a sensitivity because of the higher concentration
of EOs. I feel the antioxidant should be applied to clean skin or after the
30 minute waiting period after applying BHA or BHA/AHA. But the healing
serum can be applied before or after the antioxidant or facial serums - just
give it a chance to absorb before applying the other things.

It's not going to prevent breakouts - and it works best if applied before
the pimple has a chance to become 'full-blown'. This is especially true of
hormonal/cystic acne. But it can also speed healing of breakouts that have
already occurred. As with any product, everyone will have different
results - and different time frames for those results. Another thing to
consider, if it doesn't seem to be helping, is the cause of the breakout. If
you're using something that is triggering the breakouts & you continue to
use it while using the healing serum, that will make it difficult for the
healing serum to work. So if you can figure out WHY the breakouts are
occuring & treat that cause, it will be a big help."

As you can see, I just can and pasted from my email. Hope Kim won't mind, but I think this will answer questions on other people's minds and encourage them to try out I Feel Pretty products.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome Smile . btw, I spritz BEFORE applying the oil - I've been told by various SAs to spritz both before AND after (the before is to help the oils initally absorb so you don't get the shine and after is to encourage further absorption) but I find that spritzing before works better for me.

So far I have found that using it full face works a bit better for me and it makes it easier for me to apply my other acne products in conjunction (like my BBS or Escents). The thing is the roller ball is only good for local applications but I still find applying locally makes it a bit difficult to absorb since more oil goes to one area (obviously) thus I get longer wait times. And even when I apply to full face I use 1-2 drops, rub my hands together to warm it up then I pat in concentrating on the areas of bumpiness/acne on my face, and whatever is left on my palms I just sort of spread it around the rest of my face so basically I'm applying more to the needed areas instead of just spreading it around my whole face that way.

Although Kim says it doesn't prevent acne I find that in conjunction with my routine + my other acne gels that it's keeping my skin clearer than before, not to mention I have found that it speeds up the healing time. I haven't noticed miraculous results and I dont expect any, but so far I'm satisfied with the product for the quality and price, definitely a repurchase for me. Also this isn't a product that you'd want to use after extractions, it'll disinfect, etc but it won't really do much to soothe your skin or help with redness so it doens't have much of a noticeable immediate effect just in case anyone was wondeirng.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
You're welcome Smile . btw, I spritz BEFORE applying the oil - I've been told by various SAs to spritz both before AND after (the before is to help the oils initally absorb so you don't get the shine and after is to encourage further absorption) but I find that spritzing before works better for me.

So far I have found that using it full face works a bit better for me and it makes it easier for me to apply my other acne products in conjunction (like my BBS or Escents). The thing is the roller ball is only good for local applications but I still find applying locally makes it a bit difficult to absorb since more oil goes to one area (obviously) thus I get longer wait times. And even when I apply to full face I use 1-2 drops, rub my hands together to warm it up then I pat in concentrating on the areas of bumpiness/acne on my face, and whatever is left on my palms I just sort of spread it around the rest of my face so basically I'm applying more to the needed areas instead of just spreading it around my whole face that way.

Although Kim says it doesn't prevent acne I find that in conjunction with my routine + my other acne gels that it's keeping my skin clearer than before, not to mention I have found that it speeds up the healing time. I haven't noticed miraculous results and I dont expect any, but so far I'm satisfied with the product for the quality and price, definitely a repurchase for me. Also this isn't a product that you'd want to use after extractions, it'll disinfect, etc but it won't really do much to soothe your skin or help with redness so it doens't have much of a noticeable immediate effect just in case anyone was wondeirng.

*grins* I tend to apply the Healing Serum after spritzing, let that absorb a bit and then apply the emu oil which involves spritzing. Maybe that is why it is still a bit oily? Will have to work out a proper method.

What other acne gels do you use sormuimui? Is it the BBS acne gel? And what does help to soothe the skin? I have noticed the lack of reduction in redness after I 'pop'.

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I mainly use my Escents daily in the PM. I apply it after IFP and before my Ylang balm (as I think it would be too much if I applied the oil and the balm consecutively). Sometimes I use the BBS sometimes not, I use it more for the protective layer on my makeup days than its acne fighting properties which I think aren't all that great, healing is ok but for actual acne or bumps, nope doesn't do much.

Well if spots I still use my Yonka Emulsion Pure but for larger areas like if you were extracting a group of bumps I'd apply some of the Escents or the BBS. The BBS works but leaves my skin tight due to the aloe vera and I don't really like that. Escents works just as well too and just as fast for me but I try not to use it as much as I go through my jars too quickly as they are only 1/2oz jars.

Today I rolled some IFP on without spritzing, then I spritzed and applied my Camellia and my face felt great the whole day, not greasy and not dry.
Do you spritz in between your IFP and Emu oil? I think that would help, but if you're already doing that I have no idea.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I mainly use my Escents daily in the PM. I apply it after IFP and before my Ylang balm (as I think it would be too much if I applied the oil and the balm consecutively). Sometimes I use the BBS sometimes not, I use it more for the protective layer on my makeup days than its acne fighting properties which I think aren't all that great, healing is ok but for actual acne or bumps, nope doesn't do much.

Well if spots I still use my Yonka Emulsion Pure but for larger areas like if you were extracting a group of bumps I'd apply some of the Escents or the BBS. The BBS works but leaves my skin tight due to the aloe vera and I don't really like that. Escents works just as well too and just as fast for me but I try not to use it as much as I go through my jars too quickly as they are only 1/2oz jars.

Today I rolled some IFP on without spritzing, then I spritzed and applied my Camellia and my face felt great the whole day, not greasy and not dry.
Do you spritz in between your IFP and Emu oil? I think that would help, but if you're already doing that I have no idea.

I remember your review of Escents and how it compared to BBS Very Happy. Thank you breaking down your routine for me.

I am now spritzing with the IFP anti-oxident spray before applying the healing serum and then spraying some water on after. That helps quite a bit.

I am just trying to determine what moisturiser to use. I have Emu Oil but I think I am one of those people who get breakouts from it. Crying or Very sad

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Camellia seed oil? That's what I use, I use Primavera from SaffronRouge. I find camellia seed is light and gives good moisture and won't feel to heavy after the IFP.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Have you tried Camellia seed oil? That's what I use, I use Primavera from SaffronRouge. I find camellia seed is light and gives good moisture and won't feel to heavy after the IFP.

Is camellia seed oil different from camellia oil? I think some members here mentioned they broke out from it. I just want to find a moisturiser that won't cause me to get lil bumps or worse. I broke out from jojoba oil and now emu oil Laughing .

But I might go around a health food shop or something and see if they have camellia seed oil to test. Thank you

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Yep, it's the same. I'm very acne prone especially those little bumps and this has worked for me, I've never used jojoba nor emu though.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Yep, it's the same. I'm very acne prone especially those little bumps and this has worked for me, I've never used jojoba nor emu though.

Better avoid the J and the Es Very Happy. I will definitely check out camellia seed oil since you have similar skin to me. Is your skin pretty clear now?

I looked in the mirror today and I was shocked how visible my pores were around my cheek/nose area. You know how to solve that issue?

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Not really. I have visible pores around my nose but I'm used to them now, nothing could get them smaller, they're not big either so I just don't worry about it - I have them due to the whiteheads I got on them during puberty which I don't get anymore. The pores on my nose although visible seem to be clearer than the rest of my face Laughing

However the pores AROUND my nose are visible at times and not at others - I think my epidermxII and clay masks help with tightening pores.

Well I got a few cysts on my cheek but I've been a clearer this month so the cysts r due to the TOTM hormone changes - I get SOMETHING every month. This month I didn't get little bumps but the cysts I used to get which are healing now. I don't think my skin will ever clear but I'm doing the best I can to maintain it.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Sormuimui - You are 21 right? Your skin will one day be clear! Don't be discouraged!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Paris-
Is the 100% Pure cleanser soapy? I use their mask and eye cream, and love them, but I cannot use soapy, foamy cleansers, too drying for me, What is this one that you use like?
Also, have you tried their all natural lip/cheek pigment tint? It is awesome!

where is this lip/cheek tint? i am totally looking for something like this!
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Okay it's official. This stuff is my HG for blemishes.

I've had three small whiteheads in the past month. THAT'S IT. Nothing else. HOW COOL IS THAT?
This stuff is awesome. I'm completely sold. I can't believe how clear my skin has been since starting this stuff. I don't flake or get overly dry with it. All it takes is 2 to three drops...I can treat larger areas (though it is recommended to JUST put it on the blemish because it can dry out your skin) without problem.

And the price is awesome...you can't go wrong.

so do you not only use it to spot treat? do you use it all over on a regular basis?
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for the slew of questions - i am thinking of getting the 2% bha and the healing serum to help with pores and occasional breakouts. how would i fit them into my current routine - would i need any wait times if everything is acidic ph (ph of skin)?

1. cleanse with naturderm lavender face foam
2. spritz on primavera witch hazel hydrosol
3. apply thin layer of bbs acne serum
4. apply bead of chrysalyx moisturizer

thanks!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
sark, i had bought it from makeup.com, but they also had it at bathandbodyworks.com, but they no longer carry it, not sure about makeup.com, try them!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |