Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ifeelpretty - Healing serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that I'm still loving this serum too! Whenever I feel a painful pimple coming on, I massage this oil to that area. I'm loving her Clarifying serum too. But I also apply BBS gel over the healing serum too because the gel dries up quick than afterwards I apply the clarifying serum all over my face.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does her Clarifying serum keep you less oily?

I'm wondering if it would be redundant with my Decleor YY...or <gasp> if I should ditch the Decleor altogether.

Oh what painful thought...I have sooo much of both those balms and oil left! Luckily one was purchased with a forum voucher, but the other two cost me 100 bucks together.

Sigh. It might be time for a "free to a good home" post... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

I'm wondering if it would be redundant with my Decleor YY...or <gasp> if I should ditch the Decleor altogether.

Oh what painful thought...I have sooo much of both those balms and oil left! Luckily one was purchased with a forum voucher, but the other two cost me 100 bucks together.

I have been using the Clarifying serum along with the 2% BHA and Antioxidant mist since Jan 12th. I'm going to wait to do a whole review but so far I'm happy. The combination has made me considerably less oily compared to before (I was waking up looking like evil night elves had slathered my face in Crisco). Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

I've been using the Clarifying serum at night and when I wake up in the AM, my skin isn't oily. I have the Decleor YY and essential balm still in my drawer and not using it at all. What a waste it is. I know how you feel.
Oh, I just emailed Kim and she said that her cleanser is almost ready, she's been testing it and it's been real good so far.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:

I have been using the Clarifying serum along with the 2% BHA and Antioxidant mist since Jan 12th. I'm going to wait to do a whole review but so far I'm happy. The combination has made me considerably less oily compared to before (I was waking up looking like evil night elves had slathered my face in Crisco). Smile

Did you experience any breakouts while using the 2% BHA? Did it help with any acne scars?

I had emailed Kim because I have acne scars and wanted to know about her BHA 2% and this is what she said:

I would recommend using that first (probably for about a month) - just
to get used to that type of product. It will help clear out your pores &
help control the oil somewhat. After you're used to that (or if you've
already been using it), then you could use the 2% BHA/4% AHA product.
Remember that it's stronger than most products listed at the same strength -
because the pH is lower, which makes more of the acid available to the skin.
Honestly, if I had to give up all but one of my products - this would be the
one I kept. I love this product! It keeps my face clear (with the help of
the rest of my skincare regimen) AND it has gotten rid of almost all of the
red marks on my face.

I had a bout of acne a few months back, due to a reaction to some
medication. These red spots weren't budging - my skin scars easily & it
takes forever for the red to go away. The 2% BHA/4% AHA has done wonders for
me. My daughter & son also use it with wonderful results. Of course, results
will vary, but I think it's great.

I would definitely start out using it every other day, but most people can
eventually use it daily. I haven't had any flaking at all with it - and
neither has my daughter or my son. As a matter of fact, no one who has
purchased it has complained of flaking. I had one lady who bought the 5%/10%
complain of flaking, but she was using it twice daily, which is not how it
is to be used at all.

I'm interested in trying this because I've gotten great results with the healing serum & clarifying serum.
canadagal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Here's my 2nd day: I woke up to the 2 pimples even more deflated. And I had another potential cystic pimple (i could feel it coming on and it hurt) about to erupt on my chin, so I massaged this serum in that area for 2 days now and there's a small bump, it's at a stand still in that it's not a size of a mountain on my face. I'm just praying that this will be my HG for potential cystic pimple. I emailed Kim and complimented on her serum. She said that it is a strong serum and that she uses a Q-tip to apply it to ONLY the pimple and massage the oil in. The reason the warning is that it will cause flaking (nothing major) but if you don't want flaking on your skin that's not breaking out. I have her Clarifying serum but haven't used it either but I will now when I get the chance. But I am extremely happy because I looked like *beep* the past week and friends asking, dude, what happened to your face. I'm like, uh, I don't know, duh!

ParisTroika - Ooooh. I hope this works for you.
Please do a review on your antioxidant serum and the healing serum (hopefully you won't need to use it but if you do).

Vonstella - When your CC's are paid off than you should try this line. I need to pay off my CC's too. Ugh. But I will keep you updated with this serum. But I love her bodyspray in spun sugar (aquolina scent), smells so sweet and divine.

Cranberry Extract pills are really good for cystic acne. I can say since I have been taking them I rarely get them now!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Sundew wrote:

Did you experience any breakouts while using the 2% BHA? Did it help with any acne scars?

I had emailed Kim because I have acne scars and wanted to know about her BHA 2% and this is what she said:

I would recommend using that first (probably for about a month) - just
to get used to that type of product. It will help clear out your pores &
help control the oil somewhat. After you're used to that (or if you've
already been using it), then you could use the 2% BHA/4% AHA product.
Remember that it's stronger than most products listed at the same strength -
because the pH is lower, which makes more of the acid available to the skin.
Honestly, if I had to give up all but one of my products - this would be the
one I kept. I love this product! It keeps my face clear (with the help of
the rest of my skincare regimen) AND it has gotten rid of almost all of the
red marks on my face.

I had a bout of acne a few months back, due to a reaction to some
medication. These red spots weren't budging - my skin scars easily & it
takes forever for the red to go away. The 2% BHA/4% AHA has done wonders for
me. My daughter & son also use it with wonderful results. Of course, results
will vary, but I think it's great.

I would definitely start out using it every other day, but most people can
eventually use it daily. I haven't had any flaking at all with it - and
neither has my daughter or my son. As a matter of fact, no one who has
purchased it has complained of flaking. I had one lady who bought the 5%/10%
complain of flaking, but she was using it twice daily, which is not how it
is to be used at all.

I'm interested in trying this because I've gotten great results with the healing serum & clarifying serum.

Well I have only been using the BHA for a little over a week so it is way too early to tell if it has helped with acne scars. I have some breakouts going on right now but I'm almost postitive it is not the BHA causing it (considering it's that time of the month, I recently stopped taking birth control, and I'm recovering from the junk I was putting on my face). In fact I'm with Kim and think that the BHA is probably the most important part of the skin care routine. The acne, although present, is healing much faster than usual.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal wrote:

Cranberry Extract pills are really good for cystic acne. I can say since I have been taking them I rarely get them now!

I will definitely look into this. Thank you for the information.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:

Well I have only been using the BHA for a little over a week so it is way too early to tell if it has helped with acne scars. I have some breakouts going on right now but I'm almost postitive it is not the BHA causing it (considering it's that time of the month, I recently stopped taking birth control, and I'm recovering from the junk I was putting on my face). In fact I'm with Kim and think that the BHA is probably the most important part of the skin care routine. The acne, although present, is healing much faster than usual.

If you don't mind me asking more questions, when do you use this in your skincare routine? Right after the clarifying serum or before? I'm thinking this should be applied at night. Does it make your skin dry, even if the skin is oily?
You mentioned that you use the antioxidant mist? Is that her facial mist?
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking more questions, when do you use this in your skincare routine? Right after the clarifying serum or before? I'm thinking this should be applied at night. Does it make your skin dry, even if the skin is oily?
You mentioned that you use the antioxidant mist? Is that her facial mist?

Don't mind at all Smile I use the BHA then the Clarifying Serum mixed with the Antioxidant Mist. I use the BHA twice a day because my skin can handle it without drying (have used many acids without problems). I also use two drops of the Clarifying Serum mixed with about 2-3 sprays of the Antioxidant Mist. The Antioxidant Mist isn't the same as her Facial Spritz.
"About the facial spritz: Great for diluting facial oil for easier application & absorption - also works for “setting” makeup or freshening face. A simple recipe with no preservatives."
-
Antioxidant mist: "Antioxidants applied topically can help protect the skin from free radical damage, which means less visible signs of aging. Antioxidants can also help reduce irritation & redness in the skin."

Kim includes great directions that include product application order and a sample A.M. and P.M. routine. If in doubt I would contact her. She is super nice!

You can also find out more about application order from Tangal's pH and wait times thread (probably one of the most useful and insightful things I have ever read)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18360

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
oh, i've heard so many awesome things about ifeelpretty lately, that I think I may hope on the bandwagon with everyone!

My question is... could I use the healing serum in place on Yonka's Emulsion Pure? I currently have the Emulsion Pure sitting in my EDS shopping cart, but thinking that the healing serum could perform in a similar way (for a lot less!).
I'm basically hoping to use either product to help treat my acne flair-ups (mostly hormonal).

TIA!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
f you are an acne sufferer, have enlarged pores or oily skin I really feel an effective BHA product is a must have. Many BHAs are on the market that are ineffective.

That is a must have for me also. I use a number of the IFP products, and I like them. Simple, basic, effective, and won't break the bank.

The clarifying serum can be used once or twice a day, I like to dilute it with the Antioxidant DMAE mist (you can also use the Anti/ox only mist).

It is not skin drying IMO, but it does help the skin regulate its own oil production better, and "normalize" and help enable pores to shed gunk better.

The BHA can be used once a day or every other day depending on your skins needs. Overuse can cause dryness and irritation.

The healing serum is a spot treatment, it can be used throughout the day and evening as a spot treatment.

Products are applied as follows(if you are using the IFP line):

Cleanse (wait 20/30 min is cleanser pH is over 5.5)- the IFP cleanser is a 5.5 pH, so no wait with it. (available soon, I am testing some right now)
IFP AHA/BHA liquid (wait 20/30 min before using other activities)
apply gel or serum based activities.
Clarifying serum, mixed with AO mist. Spot treat with healing serum if needed
last add Any lotions or creams you use.

The link posted above that I wrote on pH and wait times will help you alot to explain when and why to wait. I think I also addressed product thickness and application and absorbency issues on that one.

If you use other products with the IFP line, both product thickness, pH, and activities in the product can dictate when you use what.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I second (or is it now third?) Tangal's thread on wait times...I have bookmarked it and consult it often.

Tangal...let us know how you like the cleanser!

I want to switch entirely to personally-made skincare products. The only thing stopping me from doing so it the money I spent on Decleor...I use the YY oil and balms (though not the balms every day...have begun to get lazy!).

Other than that...(and besides my sunscreen and eye cream, though I put Candessence eye oil over it) everything will be "home grown" if you will.

As soon as my La Fleur Organique eye cream is done (I do really like it...it is light and you can use it under makeup) I'm going to be a guinea pig and try the diaper cream route (there was a post on it last week or the week before). Exclamation Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
so far so good on the cleanser, I am trying both the Clarifying and the Sensitive. Both use a mild low foam detergent, both are pH 5.5 range, and contain a number of botanicials and essentual oils.

I have found it does well removing sunscreen lotions, but have not yet tryed it on my heavier silicone based liquid foundations. So can't compare on that.

Does not leave skin tight or dry.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'd be curious to know how they remove eye makeup.
I absolutely HATE using a separate product for that...I'm too lazy. That's why I kinda bagged my Haba powder wash (LOVED it and still have it) because it didn't remove eye makeup well enough...removed everything else though.

CareKate is coming out with a cleanser as well.
Excited that it foams...no matter what I do, I'm a foaming kinda gal Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh, can´t wait to try those. I´m currently loving my 2% BHA and healing serum, as recommended by Tangal. I´m also using the Azulene cleanser by Geografx. Thanks to Tangal and Kim over at IFP, I´ll be a stunner in no time. Wink
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
well I use an oil to remove eyemakeup first and condition lashs.

I just put a drop or two on fingers, gently and lightly rub around and over eyes and lashs, let set as I then "soap up" skin, then wipe it all off with a microfiber cloth.

But I will also use the IFP cleansers alone on my eye makeup and let you know. Wink
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Okay it's official. This stuff is my HG for blemishes.

I've had three small whiteheads in the past month. THAT'S IT. Nothing else. HOW COOL IS THAT?
This stuff is awesome. I'm completely sold. I can't believe how clear my skin has been since starting this stuff. I don't flake or get overly dry with it. All it takes is 2 to three drops...I can treat larger areas (though it is recommended to JUST put it on the blemish because it can dry out your skin) without problem.

And the price is awesome...you can't go wrong.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the BHA 2% and the Antioxidant/DMAE mist.

I truly love the healing serum, my HG for the spot treatment on the cystic acne.

I love the Clarifying serum too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
I just ordered the BHA 2% and the Antioxidant/DMAE mist.

I truly love the healing serum, my HG for the spot treatment on the cystic acne.

I love the Clarifying serum too.

I just found this thread. Thank you. I just got an elephant pimple near my hairline, and the BBS acne gel brought it down a notch but didn't take it out completely like the little ones that got knocked out of the ring easily. So I guess I will have to order this. My Mastercard loves me.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I just found this thread. Thank you. I just got an elephant pimple near my hairline, and the BBS acne gel brought it down a notch but didn't take it out completely like the little ones that got knocked out of the ring easily. So I guess I will have to order this. My Mastercard loves me.

I have the BBS acne gel too but it doesn't do much for the "elephant pimple" either. But it's good to use when you extract the white head and apply the gel over since it dries quick. But the healing serum is great for the elephants, I just massage the serum to that spot. Hope it works for you.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I honestly don't use my BBS gel anymore. I used it a lot before I bought IFP healing serum, but since the IFP is working, I haven't had to use it.

I think the BBS gel is going to go out to a free home (well, if I could get help with shipping, since it's a 4oz. size bottle...)

Any takers? It DOES work, I just haven't needed it.

PM me. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I love the 2% BHA, and the BHA/AHA mix. These formulations are so much gentler, they do not wreck havoc on my skin like the professional solutions brand did. I think it was the alcohol in the PS, I don't know for sure but the I feel pretty products just feel so much more gentle. I love the healing serum as well. I use a lot of these products and love them all!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Here is my routine and I've been using the serum for 2 weeks now! Noticed less acne and my face feels so SMOOTH!

IFP BHA 2%
IFP DMAE 3%
IFP Healing Serum
IFP Pretty Line Eraser (every other day/night)
CareKate's Pearl Cream
CareKate's YY oil

Love my SKIN!!!!!!!!!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Here is my routine and I've been using the serum for 2 weeks now! Noticed less acne and my face feels so SMOOTH!

IFP BHA 2%
IFP DMAE 3%
IFP Healing Serum
IFP Pretty Line Eraser (every other day/night)
CareKate's Pearl Cream
CareKate's YY oil

Love my SKIN!!!!!!!!!

I've been apply the healing serum after the pearl cream. I'll apply the serum first now.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |