Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Aveeno Skincare fans....I'm tempted
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm tempted by the radiant line....anyone use any aveeno products that they love...face care?
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Aveeno but can't say much about it. Didn't notice any dramatic effect. I think that it's just clever marketing...
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it personally, but mom used it for a while and didn't think that it was anything special.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Great! Thanks for the feedback...it helps me with the temptation. I can scratch it off my list....one down 25million to go.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Aveeno body lotion before, not the skin care products. I did not find anything special about it either.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use Aveeno after a shower or bath. It's relatively cheap & can be used on the entire body.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the samples from their mail. Not very impressed. And personally, I don't like the smell.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:56 am      Reply with quote
My sister swears by the Positively Radiant cream for face, she claims it brightens her face after she delivered a baby. I was tempted but never tried it myself, partly because I heard Soy inhibits hair growth, and I don't want my eyebrow or eye lashes to stop growing....better safe than sorry.

D

5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I love the regular old Aveeno hand & body lotion, so I'm tempted to try the new face lotion line. Have to use up my Neostrata first though.

However I did try the Positively Radiant Lip Enhancer by Aveeno.
From the packaging:
This formula, combining an innovative peptide technology derived from natural ingredients with moisture-rich soy, visibly improves the tone, texture, and definition of lips. This unique moisturizing lip treatment is clinically shown to enhance the appearance of lips by improving the shape and contour, providing a hint of extra fullness, and smoothing out fine lines.

Contains: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide.
(my note: this a popular additive in alot of the lip plumping products)

Aveeno states that the product has a non-waxy feel, but I found that the lip balm style applicator had a fairly hard and waxy feel to it.
It does last and does feel moisturizing however.

CG
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Aveeno face soap dried out my face a lot. Sad
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
My sister swears by the Positively Radiant cream for face, she claims it brightens her face after she delivered a baby. I was tempted but never tried it myself, partly because I heard Soy inhibits hair growth, and I don't want my eyebrow or eye lashes to stop growing....better safe than sorry.

D

my 33 year old friend who uses Aveeno only has pretty good skin, no pores, no blackheads, no wrinkles except some around eyes. but i would say that is genetic. i like their body cream but would never want to try the facial ones.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I used Aveeno's Positively Radiant w/ SPF 15 soy face moisturizer for years and really liked it, actually I still like it and may purchase again soon. I stopped using it 2 years ago because I wanted to switch to a moisturizer with more active anti-aging properties. I've also used Aveeno's cleansers and other moisturizers. I like them, but they are not as good as higher end brands. However, I rank Aveeno near the top of the drugstore brands, and in the case of the Positively Radiant moisturizer at say it's as good or better than any higher end brand.

Olivia wrote:
I'm tempted by the radiant line....anyone use any aveeno products that they love...face care?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Aveeno's Calming line and it is OK. I would definitely agree that it is at the top of the drug store products. Many of those are highly fragranced and bother me but never a problem with Aveeno.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the radient body lotion with soya in it and discovered that it has shimmer in it. I was not happy with that and found that their wording on the packaging is very misleading. If I wanted to put shimmer on my body, then please indicate that there is shimmer in the product and don't claim that it makes your skin look better.
Personally, I like Nuxe dry body oil with shimmer a lot better because it did not rub off.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Aveeno Ultra-Calming line. I use the sunscreen every day.
tetyanak
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Aveno's Calming line is not bad - it is not extraordinary, but it does deliver "classic" Confused benefits: moisturizing and cleansing. Don't expect to see a difference in your skin condition...
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one Aveeno Body Lotion before but found it too sticky. Maybe someone loves it but not me.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |