Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
::::::::shudder:::::::::: I couldn't imagine doing this!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Terrifying to me actually - and I think I would get calls from my CC companies wondering if I met with an untimely death!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070103/ap_on_re_us/shopping_sabbatical

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing new for a year??? Shock **KLUNK** (sound of Mary passing out)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
That's an interesting experiment. I doubt that I could do it, though. Smile
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could. It's sad but stuff adds so much joy to my life. While people often disappoint, if stuff breaks or fails to perform, it's much easier to buy a new one. Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't do it! I wish I could in a modified way. Like this year I told myself I wouldn't buy any new makeup unless it was to replace something I had finished (yeah, like that will ever happen) and who ended up buying a blush and two eyeshadows the other day? Moi!

And I agree with angelina ... it IS easier just to replace something these days then get it fixed or whatever. There's something exciting about buying and getting new stuff I have to admit. And we really do live in a disposable society. I think about how much stuff I "waste" by either throwing it out, giving it away, etc. My goal this year is just to TRY to cut back and use up what I have and not feel like I WANT so much and try to only buy what I really NEED. SO hard. Sad
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I know I couldn't do this either - although I also know it would not be a bad thing!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Candy, you beat me to it! I saw that article and just by its title thought "OH. MY. GOD! Wait until the EDS girls hear about THIS!" Its a great idea, but one I'm not sure I could stick with.

What am I saying? I KNOW I could not stick with it! I never stick with ANYTHING! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a hard enough time giving up sugar and candy...I've been a grumpy gal the past week!

but don't take away buying new stuff!

Oy...I know this would be such a good thing to do, and think of how proud you'd be after not having wasted all that money on skincare/beauty stuff/clothes, etc. that you don't really need.
But I'd NEVER be able to do it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
The thought of doing that sounds so wonderful, but I'm a spending wimp. My boycotts last *maybe* 3 weeks. Confused
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
TOO FUNNY!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

There isn't a chance in Hell I could do this....in fact, I've been eyeing a Prada bag that's selling for $250 all day Bad Grin

I am a spend-a-holic.....but I'm enjoying it like hell!!! Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
((((SHUDDER))...Looks good on paper, but I'd never survive..
Pudoodles
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
well apart from toiletries and skincare stuff, nearly everything I buy now is 2nd hand. The only clothes I buy new are knickers and vintage 'new old stock' stockings. I'm not counting my macbook though and you can bet your life it goes wrong, Apple won't fix it free for me! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
yep, it's safe to say that I couldn't do it either.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, what a remarkable accomplishment it is to not buy anything for a whole year! Shock I can never do that. Maybe I should limit myself not to buy another mobile phone this year? Think
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that I could do it.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Oh absolutely... not to that extreme... I don't think I could survive cold turkey...

We have a no-shopping pledge for 2007 in my house, but that is more like "no we wont go out shopping every second saturday to our favorite department store and end up spending hundreds of dollars on taxis, lunch, afternoon tea and the inevitable purchases of things we suddenly and desperately NEED" Laughing

Living in central Tokyo, shopping is truly entertainment and my credit cards have shocked me into realizing it is bout time I moved out of town. Laughing Seriously - we are now looking to move to an area that is 1.5 hrs from our favorite shopping grounds and well out of taxi distance. We are even contemplating buying a home out there ( Shock ... me in the burbs!)

But would I go without completely? no way... I will still buy creams and cleansers, but for one year there will be no super expensive stuff.. like Organic Pharmacy & Cellcosmet Sad But then again, there are some cheaper products that work just as well (Candessence and A'kin just to name two of them)! They are still "expensive" as such (as in not $5 drugstore items), but just not up in the stratosphere pricing range I shopped in during 2006. Also, no more Chanel sunnies, Hermes or Boss boots, DKNY or Coach handbags, Tiffany necklaces, Hermes or Ferragamo neckties. We are attempting a brand-free 2007. Let's see how far THAT one goes! Laughing Oh and I hereby VOW to use up all the half-used products in my house (that is, the ones that I like, but just dont use).

Anyway, so far, so good. It is January 5th and I have not yet bought anything other than lunches!! (but I do want an electric blankey for my bed since the heating in our bedroom broke... does that count? it is "essential" right?! Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't do it either. Undies are essential, ask Britney Spears! Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
I couldn't do it either. Undies are essential, ask Britney Spears! Embarassed

Ooooooo! rofl

But undies are excused from the list of not buying new. TBH, I have so many undies that I could probably get away with not buying any for a year Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Me too - I might have to break out the stash of knickers I've been hoarding "for best" since 1982 though.....
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
...except the elastic will have probably perished with age Laughing

I really need another way to store all my stuff. I have four drawers full of it and I'm running out of space! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
My fiancee just forwarded this to me, I'm thinking it was a hint. Oh yeah, and I did buy that Prada bag........

So, I responded by telling him that I'll start right after I buy a Prada bag (which he will kill me once he realizes that wasn't a joke!!!)

If you read that a woman got killed for spending to much money on a purse by her fiancee, please say a prayer, because that was me! I'm such dead meat! wave

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
My fiancee just forwarded this to me, I'm thinking it was a hint. Oh yeah, and I did buy that Prada bag........

So, I responded by telling him that I'll start right after I buy a Prada bag (which he will kill me once he realizes that wasn't a joke!!!)

If you read that a woman got killed for spending to much money on a purse by her fiancee, please say a prayer, because that was me! I'm such dead meat! wave

Where'd you buy your Prada? Laughing
I'm lookin' for one of those...hehe...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I really think that would be near impossible for most people to do. I'm sure I could cut back if I was really determined, but to buy nothing for a whole year? No way! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
OMG I'd have to ban myself from this very site. No way I can read all this and not buy!! And since I've fallen in love with the products from the starter of this thread, I'd have to just shoot her first, so all temptation would be gone!!!!!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
it's not NOTHING for a whole year, it's nothing NEW for a whole year. Just think of all the lovely vintage buys you could get off ebay. I just spent £20 on a gorgeous viv westwood top. You can hardly buy a t shirt new for that price Very Happy And don't even ask about the Mouret skirt for a fiver .... Laughing

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |