Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help with snoring!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
My new partner has a dreadful snoring problem! I use ear plugs but even these don't block it out. Have also tried nose stips, tongue strips, thing you put up your nose and electric shock wrist band! None have helped!!!! Sad It makes no difference whether on back or side and he doesn't have periods of not breathing and gasping or anything. He's not really overweight so have run out of ideas! Can anyone help??? Please!!! Idea
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi pips! There was a thread on this a while back so you might want to do a quick search. There were quite a few suggestions there. My advice is to get one of those small (but powerful) fans and sleep with it close to you. Although I occassionally still wake up from my bf's snoring, the constant drone of the fan usually helps me sleep right through it since it really helps to mask the snoring. HTH!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
If he doesn't have sleep apnea or the other problems caused by weight, it could be a dryness problem in the throat. There's a product that you spray in your throat that keeps it moisturized and is for snoring caused by dryness. I don't know the name but will do a search.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I find a pillow pressed down hard over the snorers face muffles the sound quite well. Silenced

I have lived with a loud snorer for years. If it's too bad I get up & go sleep on the couch. If somebody has a good idea I would love to hear it.
Think

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I find a pillow pressed down hard over the snorers face muffles the sound quite well. Silenced

rofl great minds think alike! I find a sharp poke in the ribs works well or just hold your fingers over the nostrils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, here it is. Snorenz. I know someone who bought it for her hubby and says it helped. But, I can't give any firsthand info as neither I nor my hubby has used it.

This is how the product description (marketing stuff) reads:
"Snorenz is one of the most effective snoring relief methods available. It's free of artificial colors and flavors and there's no side effects. The patented spray helps to lubricate the soft palate so it won't vibrate during the night. It has a pleasant minty taste for the added bonus of preventing morning breath."

If all else fails, maybe he could try this.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
just a suggestion, i know aromatherapy works on some people. light essential oil lamp throughout the night might help.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I was gonna say the same thing, roflmao!!!!

loopylori wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Well Candy
I do know someone in the force if ever we press too hard & need to get rid of the evidence. Failing that I do know a good lawyer. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
It could be a deviated septum, worth getting checked out at least. My DH has this problem.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Well Candy
I do know someone in the force if ever we press too hard & need to get rid of the evidence. Failing that I do know a good lawyer. Wink

That's where most make their mistakes...they don't know how to hide the body....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just be sure to wear gloves, on CSI Miami, they took the girls prints off the pillow case Wink !!!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865

That's where most make their mistakes...they don't know how to hide the body....[/quote]

I'll be back for more advice on that later. Thanks

MelissaMarie

Just be sure to wear gloves, on CSI Miami, they took the girls prints off the pillow case !!!

Great advice Thanks. I do appreciate how helpful you are all being. [/quote]

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Candy8865

That's where most make their mistakes...they don't know how to hide the body....

I'll be back for more advice on that later. Thanks

MelissaMarie

Just be sure to wear gloves, on CSI Miami, they took the girls prints off the pillow case !!!

Great advice Thanks. I do appreciate how helpful you are all being. [/quote][/quote]

3rd tip of the day, def put KATEE on retianer before you execute (sry for play on words) your plan. You'll want a lawyer asap!!!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:10 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Well Candy

Reminds me of the saying "A friend will help you move. A best friend will help you move a body." Laughing
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Best laugh I have had in ages reading these.

Not funny when you have to put up with snoring but good to know of like minded people.

I have tried everything over the years with my husband and nothing works, only the spare room.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I understand that carrying a bit of extra weight, especially around the throat area can contribute to snoring.

Having said that, my sister, who has to be a size zero snores so badly that her hubby now sleeps in another room.

Can't offer any other solutions but you certainly have my sympathy.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
My hubby snores like a freight train. It's so bad that while skiing a couple of years ago, my sister-in-law woke my brother and told him there was a bear in the house!
Went to the same Dr. that took out by son's tonsils and adnoids this summer (been a loooong summer) and we found out hubby had a deviated septum. So in September he had a septoplasty to fix it and open the nasal passage and had 3 little plastic rods embedded in his flapper at the back of the throat (wish I could remember what it is called). That is supposed to keep the flapper from vibrating once the scar tissue forms and stop the snoring. Well, 5000.00 later after insurance (some of it was not covered), the hubby still snores. Now it sounds like headers on a hot rod. Crying or Very sad So went back to our Dr. and he says "If he will just lose 15-20 pounds the snoring will lessen". Couldn't have told him to try that BEFORE the surgery? Can I sue the doc for unusual cruelty or should I just make him sleep in the same room with my hubby for a week? Anyway, we are due to go back in this month to see what the doc says.
Long story short, we tried the snore sprays, breatheze, had custom earplugs made, surgery,
smothering him till he wakes (very risky move if you hold the pillow too long and he is never amused), and now we will try losing weight. Had to wait until the holidays were over on that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:

Cool
I, uh, am a heavy snorer. I don't have sleep apnea and allergies definitely do make me worse. (Although hubby said I was really loud last night but I took Singulair).

Anyway, I'd be open to any suggestions too ... I've taken just about every pill and spray out there. I always feel bad when we're at the health food store and hubby is perusing the homeopathic snoring products.

We also have mastiffs (over 200# and snore worse than people). Before we moved them to the opposite end of the hall ... one night hubby woke up to hearing snoring - he couldn't figure out who it was or why it was so loud until he realized ... Nui was snoring on the inhale, and I was snoring on the exhale. He hit the sofa for the rest of the night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
loopylori wrote:

Cool
I, uh, am a heavy snorer. I don't have sleep apnea and allergies definitely do make me worse. (Although hubby said I was really loud last night but I took Singulair).

Anyway, I'd be open to any suggestions too ... I've taken just about every pill and spray out there. I always feel bad when we're at the health food store and hubby is perusing the homeopathic snoring products.

We also have mastiffs (over 200# and snore worse than people). Before we moved them to the opposite end of the hall ... one night hubby woke up to hearing snoring - he couldn't figure out who it was or why it was so loud until he realized ... Nui was snoring on the inhale, and I was snoring on the exhale. He hit the sofa for the rest of the night.

Laughing !! OMG, I'd buy 2 houses, side by side, we could just kiss each other good nite and go to our seperate homes till morning.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well according to the old man who incidently snores extremely loudly especially when he has been drinking, anyway I am digressing as usual. He says I snore but I say he's a bloody liar. Liar If I do it's obviously not very loudly because my snoring never wakes me up but his does.

Oh Exclamation and whilst I on one he breathes when he eats. Anyone who has never heard this does not realise how annoying it is. Sometimes I pray for him to stop breathing. By the way I have been married to him for 26 years, I'm up for sainthood. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
sqinks eyes, how can one breath and eat? That sounds like a serious talent.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
sqinks eyes, how can one breath and eat? That sounds like a serious talent.

Through the nose. You have to hear it to understand. It's seriously annoying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well Lori I'll nominate you! Hubby and I are at 22 years and he's only snored the last 10 of it, thanks goodness. Although he swears I'm sweet for the most part, he's says I'm pretty mean in the middle of my beauty rest when he's in full snore and I'm trying to get him to stop. Black and blue he claims, but I don't see a bruise one(I'm careful where I aim)! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Well Lori I'll nominate you! Hubby and I are at 22 years and he's only snored the last 10 of it, thanks goodness. Although he swears I'm sweet for the most part, he's says I'm pretty mean in the middle of my beauty rest when he's in full snore and I'm trying to get him to stop. Black and blue he claims, but I don't see a bruise one(I'm careful where I aim)! Wink

rofl

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |