Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: My Dark Eye Circle GONE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing

Thanks to PeterThomasRoth Rescue K eye gel!!

At first, i thought i'm hopeless...
Even though every time i apply, i feel firming and mositure under eyes
after 2 weeks using, only tiny difference.
but after 2 months, my friends and relatives all noticed the difference, my dark eye bags and dark color lightened very much !~
so happy now !! Really worth a try !!

Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue (0.5 oz)
Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue (0.5 oz)

Active eye treatment for dark circles and fine lines, anti-oxidant vitamin K in liposomes, co-enzyme Q-10 encapsulated in caviar like beads, bioflavonoids, kojic acid, vitamin C
Helps visibly brighten and reduce the appearance of dark circles, fatigue, bruising (after rubbing, surgery, allergies, etc.) and fine lines, by combating the underlying cause of darkening.

Suggested replacement products: {{13922s}}, {{21077s}}

Ling
5% products discount

Thu May 20, 2004 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi..Ming,

Good review!
Does this help with undereye bags and lines as well ? Do you use this twice per day?
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2004 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi Ling

i my eye bags not very heavy, but i feel more firmed now

for eye wrinkles, it may caused by dryness around your eye area
this eye gel not target at this problem,
i think u can choose those eye gel that hv very high hydrating ingredients and with vit C
Ling
5% products discount

Fri May 21, 2004 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks..Ming. Smile

I think I still will give this a try one of these days.......Aside from the bags and lines, I also have problem with the dark circles...that is too bad, isn't it..... Wink
Mabsy

Fri May 21, 2004 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Yay! Good to hear! Glad it worked so well for you. I've used it in the past and I was very impressed with the results as well.

Like you, I also found that it wasn't very moisturising - it really just targets the dark circles it would seem. It's also supposed to be used under the eye area only (not over the eye lids etc).
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2004 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen so many good reviews about the product and are very attempting to try. However after looking up the ingredients in the product, I am so sure if I should try it. It contains kojic acid, which could cause liver cancer according to a research conducted by some Japanese scientists. Some countries already banned the use of kojic acid in skin care products. I had the detailed kojic acid information in one of my earlier posts. Just wanted to bring it to your attention.
Mabsy

Sat May 22, 2004 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rose. Interesting, I must read up more about that because I haven't kept up with any updates. I would think it more applies to people who use products with kojic acid all over their body or injest large amounts of it (it's also a food aditive)? From what I recall the study was done on rats being fed kojic acid, not sure about the quantities they were fed. The official stance of the International Agency for Research on Cancer is that thus far there is not enough evidence to conclude that it causes cancer in humans. I think Japan has banned new products with Kojic Acid but is not taking the old ones off the shelf - just blocking new ones until they have a conclusive result of further studies (not sure if this is true - I don't see the point of blocking new ones and still leaving the other stuff on the shelf... Question ).

In terms of the eye cream, my guess is that the minute quantity that you put on such a small area would not be cause for concern. This is just my opinion - I am not a doctor and I certainly haven't done any such studies Laughing
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2004 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the information. I need to take care of my dark circles too and would like to try PTR eye cream too. Now I feel better to try it. Please keep us posted if you find more info about kojic acid.
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2004 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've never even heard of kojic acid in products, so I must be *really* out of the loop (or just way too highly limited in my areas of study.)

Mabsy, do you have any good regular sources of information you could recommend to stay caught up on skincare research and problematic chemicals and additives? If we were dealing with computers, I'd at least know exactly where to go for reviews and stuff, but new skin research... Wink

But Mabsy's right, anything that's an acid won't be absorbed into the body unless it's ingested. The worst thing that could happen is that the skin gets burned if the acid's in high doses, but acidic stuff doesn't really pass through the skin into the blood. (I remember posting stuff a while back on how polar molecules don't pass through the skin barrier except sometimes in patch-form and with a carrier). I'm sure AHA and BHA would be horrible to ingest, too. Smile
ming
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I don't know much about those acid issues...
I only knows that Vitamins K will help improve blood circulation and PTR Power K has Vitamins K and it works for dark eye circles... then follow by Skinceuticals B5 gel for moisture
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Rusalka,

First off, you can have a look at http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/dictionary.asp?TYPE=MAIN which has quite a good list of skincare ingredients. I don't pay all that much attention to her reviews, but I like her ingredient list and her book (great product directory! Laughing ).

I don't have any specific place that I look for new developments - I just have quite a few magazine subscriptions Laughing When I see something that interests me, I follow it up with online searches and try to find info on reputable sites.

I also try to get hold of SPC (Soap, Perfumery & Cosmetics) magazine whenever I can. It's *really* good (unfortunately it's also very expensive!).

Mabsy
yellow_gal

Tue May 25, 2004 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
hey i would like to know if you can get this "Peter Thomas Roth Rescue K Eye gel" in sydney australia?.. or any other good product to combat dark circles Question

i've alwasy had a problem with dark circles... esp due to the uni work amount load... just not getting enough sleep! and unfortunately looking like a panda... Embarassed
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
You can get it online from EDS.
Mabsy

Wed May 26, 2004 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Yellow_gal - As Rose said, PTR Power K Eye Rescue is available at EDS (and at a very good price too). PTR is very hard to find in Australia, I have actually never seen it here (I order mine online). Plus, if it's stocked in Australia, you're almost guaranteed that it will cost you a small fortune Confused

Mabsy
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and also cursed with these beautiful dark circles around my eyes but I really want to get rid of them now. Rolling Eyes
I'm asian and the circles are quite dark. I dont know if there are other ladies who are Asian ( Indian, Pakistani Bangladeshi etc) and managed to get rid of these dark circles by using PTR or some other product.

I read here on this forum positive reviews of PTR power k eye rescue but im little bit concerned about the Kojic acid...
I also saw that Chanel has a new product : Chanel Eye tonic Dark circle corrector. Has anyone used this?

Now Im confused which of the two products to buy: Chanel or PTR Doubt

Medusa
roopdh
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2004 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello same as Medusa, I have inherited my dark circles will this help for that..

In other words for those of you that have seen results with this product, have you had your dark cirlces passed on to you, or were they acquired due to lack of sleep, etc?
Mabsy

Thu May 27, 2004 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that's a really tough question. It's kinda hard to figure out if dark circles were a gift from your parents to you or if they are caused by other factors. Things like allergies, poor diet, poor blod circulation all play a part. So your mum could have them (because she inherited them) and you could have them - but for other reasons. Am I making sense here?

So I don't know if mine were inherited, my mum does get them but never really investigated the causes (plus she is often sleep deprived). I had mine since I was a little kid though. I remember being in primary school and having teachers ask me if I was tired or why I didn't get enough sleep Confused

Mabsy
AnneJo

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Hope this product works on me... gonna make my order now.. Very Happy so excited.Having a same problem like what mabsy used to have, so i'm keeping my finger cross now n no more this Cool
Hoping that ppl will notice my beautiful eyes instead of my dark circle and no more answering questions about my health. Wink
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
This is to answer Medusa's question on Chanel.

I have been using Chanel's "Age Delay Eye" meant for dark circles & wrinkles since Jan. 2004. Though I have not used it every single day, I have used it at least 4 or 5 days/nights a week. These are my results:

1. Improved firmness.
2. About 1/10 shade lighter (the dark circles have lightened soooooooo slightly, it is barely noticable).
3. A very, very slight improvement w/ lines (again, barely noticeable)

The best thing about this product is that it feels sooooooooo cool under my eyes when I apply it. It feels like cool cucumber. It is expensive, about $50 for a small bottle.

I will contiue using this for another 3 months because my dark circles are REALLY dark. They are at least 8 or 10 shades darker than my normal skin tone. Also, I inherited them (from my sweet mother) & have had them since I was a kid. So, I think it will take some years to minimize them. I dont believe I can ever get rid of them. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Not to diminish anyone's spirits here, I have used Vit K several times in the past and know it does NOT work for me at all. I definitely inherited my circles from my mom (who inherited from her dad) and believe that if u had them from birth (or early childhood like me), u cannot get rid of this problem completely. You can only try to reduce its severity. I know other people who have dark circles due to stress, etc (not inherited) & vit k has worked wonders for them. So, I dont think all of us will get the same results like Ming here. I think kojic or other lighteners might do the trick in minimizing, but be careful using these under the eye area. Again, please dont attack me for stating something I have researched & looked into for over 8 years now! Good luck to all Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Not to diminish anyone's spirits here, I have used Vit K several times in the past and know it does NOT work for me at all. I definitely inherited my circles from my mom (who inherited from her dad) and believe that if u had them from birth (or early childhood like me), u cannot get rid of this problem completely. You can only try to reduce its severity. I know other people who have dark circles due to stress, etc (not inherited) & vit k has worked wonders for them. So, I dont think all of us will get the same results like Ming here. I think kojic or other lighteners might do the trick in minimizing, but be careful using these under the eye area. Again, please dont attack me for stating something I have researched & looked into for over 8 years now! Good luck to all Very Happy

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet_Angel,

Maybe you should try PTK instead?? Might be better than other vK product Doubt .I'm hoping for the best and i hope you don't give up too. Pray Will let you know the result after 2 mth okie?? Rolling Eyes
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Cellex-C Eye Toning Gel. Its about 3 months. But I can't any effect of whitening dark circle and smooth fine lines. Very disappointing me.

After reading this topic, I want to try this product - Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue. Really 2 months can see result? Its amazing.

I tried many eye products, like Shiseido bio-performance eye cream, Neostrata PHA eye cream, KP cool cool eye gel, La Colline eye gel, HABA Point Repair.... Only found Neostrata PHA eye cream can help smooth fine lines. All can't help with dark circle.

I read some articles from Taiwan, they said dark circle cannot remove after appear. Only laser treatment can remove it. If it is true, I'll abandon the hope. However, sisters here said PTR can help..... Should I try?

I'm Asian. My dark cirle is caused by not sleeping well. Also age, I guess. I'm already 30.

A friend told me that M.D. Forte Rejuvenating Eye Cream w/ Retinol can remove wrinkle very well.

But about dark circle, until now, still no product have very positive comment. Now, sisters here said PTR can help....
Mabsy

Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Let me just clarify one thing here just for the record Smile PTR Power K Eye Rescue has worked well for me (and a few others here). This does not mean that it's a miracle product that will erase everyone's dark circles. As Sweet_Angel pointed out, some people have dark circles for different reasons and may not be able to get rid of them. Finding a product that works for you is a trial & error process, I finally found one that worked and it happened to be the PTR (I bought it based on other reviews).

I think that if your dark circles are caused by lack of sleep then you probably have a good chance of PTR working for you to fade them, but it's not a substitute for sleep. If you don't fix up your sleeping patterns then you will keep getting dark circles.

HTH
Mabsy
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

I think that if your dark circles are caused by lack of sleep then you probably have a good chance of PTR working for you to fade them, but it's not a substitute for sleep. If you don't fix up your sleeping patterns then you will keep getting dark circles.

HTH
Mabsy

Thanks Mabsy. Yes good eye product should fix up with good sleep. Therefore, I think eye product can't help me at all. So, I'm now searching good concealer instead of good eye product. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |