Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Suggestion for fading sunspots
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aramel
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Is there anything that actually works? I have been using retinol, glycolic acid and Celux C serum for about two months now. There is good inprovement with pore size and brightness which is great but those blasted spots are still there.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think Environ's newest products in the Evenescence Clarifying Range sound very interesting. My mother loves Environ and looks great for her age. Environ can be a pain to find though.

"Environ® are proud to announce the launch of their new Evenescence Clarifying Range, formulated with scientifically proven ingredients to address the problem of age spots, dark marks and uneven skin tone."

More can be found on their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I think those would be the best products but it will take time to fade unfortunitely things cant be undone overnight or in small timeframes. I would also definitely recommend using a sunscreen on the area everyday
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
copper peptides, emu and exfol - skin biology products (along with a simple, low ph cleanser with no detergents - diana yvonne) has helped tremendously to even my skin tone, brighten my skin, firm my skin, and soften lines.

if I'm addressing age/sunspots specifically, I step it up with a simple 10% (ph 1.9) lactic acid gel (diana yvonne) and cp's for spot treatment.
when i'm more aggressive, the spots do look a bit worse before they "flake off".
I'll be sampling sb's lacsal serum shortly. I'm hoping this will address the spots, but more gradually - time will tell on that one.

these do take time, it's not an overnight fix. i felt some improvements with cp's almost immediately - but other issues took a bit more time (I've been "using" for about a year). your skin only regenerates so fast.

so for overall skin health - the cp's/emu oil and gentle exfoliation.
for specific issues like age spots - spot treating more aggressively (the lactic acid, if used aggressively all over would cause too much flaking) seems to do the trick for me.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I, too, am having good success with regular, concentrated exfoliation on those spots plus the use of 2% Niacinamide/4% Glucosamine combo. The Niacinamide also addresses the over production of sebum. You can use aloe vera gel as a base or distilled water as both actives are water soluble.

The key, as pal said, is wearing sunscreen religiously to not develop more spots and not to undo the fading you work so hard for.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I went to the the dermatologist for "sunspots"
He recommends GlyQuin XM. I haven't started it yet. I have very fair, sensitive skin. He also said to discontinue if the Glyquin changes colour. The good thing is that it contains sunscreen
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm having great success with copper peptides.

Mornings I use Exfol cream or Mandelic acid.
Evenings I use SuperCP serum all over then SuperCOP 2x as spot treatment.

You do need to build up slowly.

I've had one tiny skin tag on my neck dry up and fall off. The sun freckles on my temples and cheeks are noticeably darker (they get darker as they come to the surface) then should go away.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great success with the cp's and hydroxy acid peels followed by the emu oil.
I also use a manual exfoliation on the spots after my peel. This makes my skin very red and irritated, I then pile on the emu oil and by morning my skin is great and the spot lighter. I do not have sensitive skin and I suggest if you are going to do this to proceed slowly until you know what your skin can tolerate.

Love those copper peptides and emu oil.

by the way I use a coarse emery board for the manual exfoliation. Works great.
Good luck
MJS
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
zaney63 wrote:

I also use a manual exfoliation on the spots after my peel.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I use Epidermx II for manual exfoliation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great success using skinbio's BND, fading the sun damage on my chest area. But there is one stubborn bit left!
I never thought of scrubbing at it manually.
I'll be brave and file it a little.

(I'm a wimp, and go a bit weak kneed at the thought of filing my skin..

Embarassed )
aramel
5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for your suggestions. My history is many hours outside as we farm for a living and in earlier years the last thing you thought about was sunscreen so therefore the tale is clearly written on my face and backs of my hands. I faithfully wear sunscreen daily now so hopefully your ideas will take hold, much appreciated.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |