Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Non-Creasing Eyeshadow
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aramel
5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
What do you suggest for an eyeshadow which isn't shimmery but stays put and lasts for the day? Having oily skin its a challenge for me.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem as you - even expensive dept store brand eyeshadows won't last for more than a 1/2 hr on my eyelids until they crease and go all over the place. The only thing I have found to have helped was to use a "base" for the eyeshadow. The nicest and longest lasting so far that I have found are those drugstore Almay paint tubes called bright eyes. They comes in a very limited number of colours, but I find that if I put it on (the colours are also quite light) and let it set, I can use eyeshadow on top. Using this method, eyeshadow can last at least a few hours on me.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Urban Decay Primer Potion is a great base to help keep eyeshadow lasting longer.
Magdalene1961

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I use Benefit FYEye as a shadow base and it works great.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love MAC Eyepaints...there are shimmer and matte colors. They last all day and night!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Armani and Mirenesse eyeshadows are very good
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
After dealing for years with eyelids so oily that my eye makeup would melt and leak into my eyes (burns like crazy!), I finally found what works for me: a light layer of long-wearing foundation (Revlon Colorstay Light), applied with a takelon brush. I make sure it's blended and smooth over the lid, then use a light coat of loose powder over top.

I apply my eyeshadow and I'm done! My days are long and, even after 16 hours, my eyeshadow still hasn't creased. The foundation also helps cover any eyelid discolouration and the odd eyebrow sprout that may have popped up overnight.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily lids and Laura Mercier's cream eye shadow (the one in the tube with applicator) is great
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:42 am      Reply with quote
i think it all depends on the skin status of your lids.
what you need is a good primer
in shadows,i think gel or cream type ones would be better for our oily lids Rolling Eyes
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I use Laura Mercier eye primer, which works fairly well, but most of the time I just use Bare Minerals + MAC Prep+Prime and I'd be ok for a few hours... If I wear only liquid foundation (without any primer) then I'd crease within an hour or so too! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I second the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Also, I use Jane Iredale PurePressed Minerals foundation/powder, and when I apply it with a kabuki or foundation brush, I also brush it lightly across my lids. I find it works like a primer in addition to evening out skin tone. Lately I've been using Tarte and Urban Decay shadows, and they last without creasing till I wash them off, sometimes 16 hours... No budging of my eye makeup at all--it's awesome! I would highly reccomend both Tarte and Urban Decay shadows for you, except many of them are shimmery.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I swear by Stila eyeshadow, lasts all day and goes on lovely.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I heartily recommend Jane Iredale shadows, which stay on all day without creasing. There are many lovely matte shades, too.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Urban Decay Primer Potion is very good.
YSL Light Reflecting Concealer also works.

But I think the brand of the eyeshadows is also important. Personally, I love DIOR, which will stay for a long time and never crease!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
My ultimate favourite is Jane Iredale. She has some shimmery shadows as well as matte in a wide range of colours. Excellent ingredients, no creasing, no caking, all day wear - just perfect!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
The only ones which do not crease on me are JI or Lorac.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
I have very oily lids and Laura Mercier's cream eye shadow (the one in the tube with applicator) is great

Eye Basic ( im using wheat right now ) the are really the best ! Smooth texture, dosent crease at all. Nice natural color. Matte choice and some with just a little shimmer too. I them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily eyelids and what works for me is MAC Paints as primer and MAC or Makeup Forever eyeshadows on top. Both brands have large beautiful color selections.
rhensel
5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Urban Decay Primer Potion literally changed my life. I no longer need to touch up my eyeshadow or wipe away the oily creases throughout the day. I put my eyeshadow on in the morning and it stays fresh for at least 12 hours. Believe me, I never thought this was possible - I have the oiliest eyelids on the planet! You can find Urban Decay Primer Potion at Ulta stores. Thanks EDS for introducing me to my first HG product ever!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add that I use Lumene eye primer which is supposed to be identicle to the Urban Decay primer and much cheaper. I don't know how much the UD one is, but Lumene is about $9 at CVS. It has been a HG for me!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aramel, funny how when I write down what I do it sounds so long and involved, but just doing it takes only a few minutes. Very Happy

1. In the am I apply Murad Essential C sp15 eyecreme around the eyes.
2. Then I continue with the rest of the routine for my face so when I'm ready to apply eyeshadow, the creme has had plenty of time to absorb.
3. I use Everyday Minerals multi-tasking concealer as a base.
4. Then I use Dr. Hauschka eyeshadows.[my HG for eye makeup] One of the things I love most about Dr. H eye shadows because they are matte with only a slight shimmer and glide on without pulling or tugging of any kind.
5. Finally, I use a small brush to pat Everyday Minerals silk dust over my eyelids and B4 applying mascara.

Between the eye cream, concealer and makeup, I have a measure of UVA/UVB protection and eye shadow manages to stay intact after 9 hours with no touchups. If it does crease a bit, I just pat it with my fingers to blend it a bit and do away with the creases.

I hope this helps and bless,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
SiameseCat

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I really like Bobbi Brown's collection of matte eyeshadows ... they go on smooth and do not emphasize the texture of the lid, have wonderful staying power, and are available in a nice collection of colors that are great for a daytime natural look or classic smoky eye.

I use Benefit's "Stay Don't Stray" primer ... works really well for me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |