Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Body skin questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone use DMAE on their body and do you think it does anything? If you are supposed to wait a while to layer on top of it after putting the DMEA on, (I read this on one post here), then won't having it in a lotion interfere?

Has anyone lightened or removed brown spots off various places on body (not face) with an acid? I was thinking of spot treating with a TCA? Has anyone done this and if so how high?

What about the wrinkly skin on knuckles and elbows? Any super solutions?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been putting DMAE on my breasts after someone on this forum suggested it. I'm using a 4% made by Candy, whose a member of this site. I do know that someone mentioned using a formula for breasts from Skinbio. So far so good for me but I've not been using it long.

For dark spots on my chest I had HUGE success using the scrub made by NIA24 and it was very quick. Within two weeks it was 80 percent improved and now I have no discolorations at all. NIA could probably be used anywhere. I've not used a TCA peel anywhere. I have solution but I've not used it yet but I know people who've used glycolic peels on their hands.

Good luck. I'll be curious to see what people say. OH. By the way, I'm also using copper peptides on my chest and breasts.

kimberly
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used TCA for spots on my chest, and they're fading slowly. You do have to be careful when bathing, though.

BluesHeart, what is NIA24?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use DMAE allllll over. The "girls" have never been happier and the underside of my upper arms don't "wave"!

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
what strength DMAE are you guys using, how much and to what proportion of lotion and what are you adding it to? [/b]
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca,
NIA24 is a skincare line that several platic surgeons in my area have begun to sell in their offices. I happened to get a sample of the repair cream and the scrub and decided to try it on my chest. I loved the results. I've been using the scrub on my face once or twice a week and I like it. I'd like to get more of the Repair cream and try it a little longer.

I intended to link you to the site but for some reason can't. I found it by googling NIA24. If you have some sun spots you might try to get a sample and give it a shot. Like I said, in two weeks it was 80 percent improved and by a month completely spot free.

kimberly
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
mommydearest, Zenbiotic has a body lotion called Body Milk Moisturizer (www.zenbiotic.com) that is based on their cell renewal serum, and I've been using it nightly on my hands and it's actually been fading my sun spots. I used to have 3, and now one is faded so much I have trouble seeing where it is, so it's a big improvement! I'm going to start using it on the rest of my body too and see how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Manslayer:

This is an interesting line. Have you tried any of the face products?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I guess it is like a retinol or AHA body lotion? I used to use Chantecaille Retinol Body lotion and it is amazing. I am not sure why I stopped buying it Rolling Eyes
Maybe I will look into DMAE but soon, I plan to purhcase Cellex-C Body Smooting cream.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I use DMAE allllll over. The "girls" have never been happier and the underside of my upper arms don't "wave"!

Ari

In what form do you use it, Arielle?

I could do with something good for my arms, too.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Is it this that you put on all over your body?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-ce---large-siz-p_3259.htm
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I use Candessence 6% DMAE serum on my face, neck (all around**) and decollete. I make my own 4-6% (don't measure but I'm sure it's more than 4%) with DMAE Barbitrate and Distilled water for the rest of my body. One of the things I worry about is the sagging that happens to the thighs as you get older. Have you noticed the skin that just hangs above the knees as people age? Don't know why that bothers me most, but it does.

Ari

**re the neck-Using DMAE all around the ears and the sides and back of the neck up into the hairline will correct those little sagging "wrinkles" in front of the ears.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
I use Candessence 6% DMAE serum on my face, neck (all around**) and decollete. I make my own 4-6% (don't measure but I'm sure it's more than 4%) with DMAE Barbitrate and Distilled water for the rest of my body. One of the things I worry about is the sagging that happens to the thighs as you get older. Have you noticed the skin that just hangs above the knees as people age? Don't know why that bothers me most, but it does.

Ari

**re the neck-Using DMAE all around the ears and the sides and back of the neck up into the hairline will correct those little sagging "wrinkles" in front of the ears.

Yes, this is my major concern because I also observed seniors with extra skin around the knees. I have read that MD Skincare body lotion is known for firming the skin. That makes sence because it has vitamin C in it. But I was thinking, but very constly, is to just apply Vivier 20% Vit. C on my body. That is just too costly.
I will looking into the one you are using.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I can't seem to find the web-site... Confused
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Which website? www.candessence.com OR ?

I forgot to mention that I get my DMAE from Skin Actives -www.skinactives.com

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kimberly! I found it!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ari,
Thanks for the tips. Just how much DMAE do you go through in a month? I could swear my use is helping the breasts. I have some unused DMAE I picked up at the health food store and I'm wondering if that would work for the breasts so I can save Candy's for the rest of me.

kimberly
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
mommydearest wrote:
Manslayer:

This is an interesting line. Have you tried any of the face products?

md- yes, I LOVE their skincare line. The Oxygen Replenish is great for any kind of redness--- acne, post-peel, etc, and the Moisture Enrich is better than any face oil I've ever tried--- most oils just sit on my skin, but the Moisture Enrich is instantly absorbed. I would definitely recommend buying some of the smaller trial sizes they sell and trying some stuff out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:

Ari

Oh gosh. I wish you hadnt mentioned sagging skin above the knees. Confused
My, but life can be harsh..

ANYHOW. For now I'm grateful for the tip of the DMAE from skinactives added to distilled water. That's a super simple recipe.
Do you use a moisturiser on top of that? (I'm about to make a vit c body lotion a la katee's idea.
Layering would be good, yes? )
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Layering is perfect. You really can't put everything into 1 cream or lotion. I use the C Serum first then the DMAE on my face, etc.

For C for the rest of the body, I make a new solution each morning of 1 tsp. Ascorbic Acid and 1/2 c. Distilled water. This is my body "toner" right after my shower. While still standing in the shower I rub this all over from the neck down to my toes. Anymore Ascorbic Acid than that makes me "dance". Laughing

Ari

5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the DMAE tip - I am starting to feel like my skin is getting saggy and have been dying to find something - off to buy the DMAE online - THANKS!!! Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
What about the comment that we need to wait for 10 minutes before layering on top of the DMAE. Are you guys doing that? Also, I have super dry itchy skin in the winter and I am concerned things like C or DMAE will make it worse. Would you put the moisturizing lotion on under or over the DMAE. Also the one that helps me has some sort of Lactic Acid in it or something. Will that interfere with C or DMAE.

Also since we are on the subject of wrinkles over the knees, what about the knuckles of fingers, toes or elbows? If you focus on them you start noticing how ugly they are. I just peeled hands and arms with lactic acid and they are smoother and a shade lighter but not sure it will help but maybe if I keep doing it, it will. 
mbecci
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a DIY recipe for the DMAE body potion? Confused Just spent time online but can't come up with one with the proportions..also one person was adding HA as well to the DMAE/distilled water...good idea? Thanks for any advice in advance as I am a DIY neophyte! Embarassed

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |