Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
diet starts tomorrow!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Between surgery in October (getting no exercise) and quitting smoking I have gained approximately 12 pounds. All my jeans are too tight. No way will I go out and buy new cloths now. Tomorrow, January 8, I will keep all junk out of my mouth and not eat between meal. I am totally DISGUSTED with myself. Bad Grin

Anyone want to join me? Maybe we can support one another. Smile
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I will join you, Winnie. No junk food and the only between meal snacks are fresh fruit, veggies, or small amount of nuts or cheese. I need to lose 25 llbs...and if I could lose 20 before April 17th (cruise), I would be thrilled!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco thanks!!!! Good luck. I promise I will be honest with my eating habits. 12 pounds does not seem like much but I am petite and only 5'2"
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I will join you, too. I need to loose at least 12 pounds.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
+ 1 more. I've been tracking/ watching what I eat since before the holidays. It's time to kick it up a notch. I want to lose 20lbs Embarassed Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I started a week ago...but I'll join in.

WHAT I'M DOING:
No processed foods (no frozen foods or canned foods, unless it's ONLY frozen, nothing added, no store-bought sauces, dressings, etc. Making everything.)

Giving up sugar (treats, candy, dessert, chocolate, pastries, etc...I realize there is some natural sugar in fruit and unknown sugar in foods that are prepared in restaurants and the like).

Cutting back on carbs (simple carbs) and attempting to implement choosing complex carbs if I need something.
(No potatoes).

Gave up coffee and am limiting alcohol to only when I go out on weekends...none during the week.

Trying to drink more water...less artificial stuff like fruit juices I get during school.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
PocoLoco thanks!!!! Good luck. I promise I will be honest with my eating habits. 12 pounds does not seem like much but I am petite and only 5'2"

Ahhhhhh, Winnie - you are my vertically challenged twin as I am 5 '2 as well! I need to lose 10-15 pounds. Over the last three years I've gained about 4 pounds per year....after the holidays, I braved it and got on the scale and no matter where I moved it to in the bathroom it was still showing that I had gained again...sigh...I'm following a portion control plan b/c I hate giving up things - my niece is doing ediets and she gave me her menu/grocery shopping list so I'm kind of following that. My big thing is now getting off of my arse and back on the treadmill and doing my tapes. It's amazing how after working out steadily, all it takes for me is a week or two of slacking and I'm completely out of it...I also have to increase my water intake.

Maria Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Can I join in too? I would like to lose about 30 pounds total, but I'll settle for 20 by summer, is that realistic?? I still have 10 pounds of baby fat on me and I can't seem to shake it Mad ! Plus I was about 20 pounds overweight before I learned I was pregnant in August of '05!

Christmas really did me in, I ate way too much chocolate (those lindor chocolates are evil Bad Grin) , and too many of those darn christmas cookies and squares! When I jumped on the scale afterwards to see how much damage had been done I wanted to die! Surprised It doesn't help that my MIL is the greatest cook on the planet, for Christmas she gives us FOOD, yes, food, she just fills our freezer with lasagnas, kapusta buns, perogies, shepards pies, meat pies, a big container of dainties and so many other goodies...no wonder I'm fat!

So for the New Year I vowed to smarten up! I'm going to try to cut out all the processed foods and whites like sugar, salt, flour etc, and drink more water and lay off the beer! Oh, and I gotta dust off the old treadmill and get some exercise! Its funny, I was going to post something like this the other day, I need serious motivation and a kick in the @ss, I have no willpower at all...so please everyone...keep an eye on me! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
ooh, ooh! me, too. I need to lose 35 pounds. I had decided to start Yoga Booty Ballet tomorrow. I don't eat but once a day. (Don't like food. But, drink water & juice like crazy.) Maybe I should eat and eat fresh fruits & veggies. Think that would help?

How do we check in with each other?

Ari

Edit: I meant how often?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you Winnie - I'm only 5' tall and need to lose about 10 pounds to fit into my clothes comfortably again. True, that doesn't seem like a lot, but it's worse packed onto a small frame! Luckily hubby wants to lose a few pounds to so we're united in trying to eat better at the moment Very Happy .
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to join you too please.
I want to lose 12 1b.
I usually work in kilos and didn;t know how many pounds that was so I googled it - I was sent to the Scottish trout site - they have heaps of weights there.
Laughing
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Count me in ! Make this my new year resolution (again) Smile ! So diet starts tomorrow for me (better eat all I can eat tonight Wink . I need to squeeze myself in my dear old size 6 (slim line)jeans again ...

Let's keep each other posted on developments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Good luck everyone!!!!! Today is the day. Now I have to start using some willpower. Just knowing I have others with me helps so much.

For the past few weeks I wake up saying: "today is the day I start my diet." Once I mess up once the whole day has been shot. Bad Grin

Arielle, I probably will report in tonight letting you all know if I made it though the day with proper eating habits. If I cheat I promise I will let you know. I am determed to get back into my jeans!!!!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I want to say good luck to all of you.

Then I want to say to Winnie,
You have been through a lot with the surgery. You have done brilliantly in giving up smoking. Please don't say you are disgusted with yourself, you should be proud. Better to be a few pounds overweight than smoke. I know people who have given up before & put on loads more weight than that.

On another note I am 5ft & am glad to find I am not the only petite poster.

Again I am giving you all three cheers & wishing you well on your diets.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I want to say good luck to all of you.

Then I want to say to Winnie,
You have been through a lot with the surgery. You have done brilliantly in giving up smoking. Please don't say you are disgusted with yourself, you should be proud. Better to be a few pounds overweight than smoke. I know people who have given up before & put on loads more weight than that.

On another note I am 5ft & am glad to find I am not the only petite poster.

Again I am giving you all three cheers & wishing you well on your diets.

Lori

Thanks friend
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

It's my pleasure. Anytime. You would say the same to me if I was beating myself up.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie
Congratulations on quitting smoking! Very Happy
I quit back in July & gained weight over the next few months. Even my fat jeans were getting tight! Mad Mad By the midddle of November I felt ready to do something about it. I started eating a low carb diet & recorded my daily calorie intake. I am amazed at how cutting out refined carbs can stop food cravings. I went through the entire Holiday season without eating any sweets! Very Happy Since mid November I have lost all the weight I gained since I quit, and more! I keep track of inches lost, not pounds....so I can't tell you exactly how much I lost at this point, but I can tell you that all my fat jeans got donated to a local charity! I started exercising at the beginning of this month, which is also making a diffference. Good luck to you! And again, Congratulations!
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I need to get back to my diet (similar to paris Troika and KLS (CONGRATS!) I'm also only 10 pounds up but have health issues that require I eat well. I'm also trying to drink several cups of green or white tea per day.

Winnie: Glad you came through surgery well.
Quitting smoking is a big deal (even helps wrinkles!). My father in law, mother in law and two of our company workers recently died of lung cancer or emphasema (MIL) so I'm very aware of smoking and how difficult it is to quit. Definitely worth 10 pounds.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I'll be joining you - but only after I've finished eating all of my Christmas choccies and biscuits. (Yes, I know. But I have the willpower of a wet slug when it comes to chocolate. Laughing )
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I am also 5 ft. tall and petite. Unfortunately I'm a sugarholic, Confused and I can barely squeeze into my jeans right now so need to take off the 8lbs. I gained over the holidays! Embarassed
I have cut way down on sweets and starchy foods, and am trying to get back into my exercise routine although everytime I'd say the "dirty" word exercise in Dec. I'd wash my mouth out with chocolate! Laughing
So, I'm really going to try to get back into shape and take off the excess weight.

Good Luck to all of you! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Alright folks...today is the day for a lot of us!

Let's all post tonight how we did. HONESTY HONESTY HONESTY!!!!

So far today I've had a bowl of Quinoa flakes with some honey, a banana, and a cup of green jasmine tea.

Will report back tonight with FULL disclosure!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
hugs!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to report that 30 minutes ago I was given a 3 oz Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate bar, straight from San Francisco, and I have not opened it! Because I made this committment to y'all, I will not be snacking on anything except fruit/veggies/cheese/nuts! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait for my dinner. I am soooooo hungry. Drool Need to go shopping tomorrow so tonight I will have a Weight Watchers dinner and a salad.

Breakfast: 1/2 bagle, orange, 1 TBL. low fat cream cheese. Lunch: Salad with 3 oz. chicken breast/chopped veggies, low fat dressing, small apple. Snack: 94% fat free popcorn.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I just want to report that 30 minutes ago I was given a 3 oz Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate bar, straight from San Francisco, and I have not opened it! Because I made this committment to y'all, I will not be snacking on anything except fruit/veggies/cheese/nuts! Smile

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:

Well done, you!

I only ate 6 Lindt dark choc Lindors today, whereas I usually eat the whole damn carton at once. So I am trying. Laughing

If I'm going to finish off this chocolate, then I shall try, at least, to do it with some degree of moderation. Then, that's it. I shall be going cold turkey.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |