Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Prolagene Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:25 am      Reply with quote
There must definitly be something in there you're allergic to !!! I have sensitive skin, and this has never done anything but help calm blemishes and sensitivity.

Sorry to hear you've had such a totally adverse reaction to the Prolagene yeahyeah and hope you clear up quickly!

wave

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
thanks very much Ruth

maybe its just my skin sometimes, cos sometimes im so sensitive to some "gentle, mild" products but not with the more stronger stuff!

great to see that the gel is helping you though Very Happy
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi YY,

have you tried using the gel and then a moisturiser to layer it on top? The Prolagene gel is not a moisturiser and so I need a moisturiser on top of it. Or I mix it with the moisturiser to get the full benefit of the gel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
Hi YY,

have you tried using the gel and then a moisturiser to layer it on top? The Prolagene gel is not a moisturiser and so I need a moisturiser on top of it. Or I mix it with the moisturiser to get the full benefit of the gel.

Hey Vidisha

Back in May when I tried this out, I used the gel, waited a minimum of 5minutes for it to absorb then applied my moisturiser.

I've already sold the Prolagene gel on ebay, as it was literally like new, as I only used it/tested it 2 times or so.
I think its an ingredient in the product, but I do not know which, but I am rarely allergic to any products/ingredients.

But right now, I only have a few scars which Im sure JM will help! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
i have used the Prolagene gel ,no any allergic for my skin ! even i am sensitive skin.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey YY,
glad you could get rid of it on ebay. I was suggesting all the different ways because I hate the thought of hard-earned money being wasted (no matter whose Smile )

so, happy outcome for you then. Glad your skin has reacted well to JM.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Vidisha

I HATE wasting money---I cant believe how naive I was a year ago when I first had acne...and just bought any "spot" or "acne" product I could see on the shelf/website. But then its all about trial and error I guess.

Decleor isnt cheap, so I've hardly got the chance to use it, and there's not many reviews on how it's effective on acne either, so I'm putting Decleor off until one day I am clear-ish.

I'm waiting for my monthly cycle to really determine if my regime is for keeps Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Amazing product. I have been using the gel for 3 weeks and acne scars & imperfections have diminished. I use it every night on a cleansed face after I apply aromessence ylang ylang. The gel absorbs into your skin without leaving a sticky feeling. I have even applied make up after using it.
shopper
5% products discount

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the gel works best when used without a moisturiser. It is a treatment gel. I find that using it before bed on a cleansed face works well. This product really works for me and I am very happy with it.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
How does it work for the neck and back? I got acne in that area and want a beautiful back and firm neck.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi YY,

I have written this before on another thread. To clear up you skin naturally, if you have patience, try -
plain set yoghurt as a face & neck mask before taking your shower. You could add banana or strawberry if you like, honey & pinch of turmeric. Turmeric is antisceptic, honey a great moisturiser and banana/strawberry very good for the skin. Infact, papaya is supposed to be best but I can't stand the smell, so, don't use it.

Try it for 5 successive days and see if you can see any difference.

If you try this, I hope it works for you.
Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Great comments. I've been really curious about the Prolagene Gel for awhile now...Can anyone compare its firming action to anything else currently on the market? Is the result similar to what might be achieved with DMAE? Any comparisons would be greatly appreciated!
puds
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried anything else although I have seen the Prolagene work very well. It took it's time but the scars did lighten. I think skin looks very good when you apply it as a first layer or mix it with moisturiser

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Seen Prolagene work very well on my skin too Smile
i can feel my skin more firm .
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
Hi YY,

I have written this before on another thread. To clear up you skin naturally, if you have patience, try -
plain set yoghurt as a face & neck mask before taking your shower. You could add banana or strawberry if you like, honey & pinch of turmeric. Turmeric is antisceptic, honey a great moisturiser and banana/strawberry very good for the skin. Infact, papaya is supposed to be best but I can't stand the smell, so, don't use it.

Try it for 5 successive days and see if you can see any difference.

If you try this, I hope it works for you.
Good luck.

Thanks Vidisha

I use the aspirin mask every week, but I've yet to try it with yoghurt as I always eat it all up and forget to save a bit for the mask...so I sometimes use milk. But being so lazy, I bought Carekate's mask Embarassed

Thanks for the natural tips!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala ,can i put Prolagene Gel under eye ?
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lotus,

yes, prolagene can be applied neat on the eyes or mixed with your eye cream. It's very good. It plumps up your skin. Since I have used decleor eye-cream & prolagene, my eye lids have opened out (they had started to be bit droopy) and my eye socket doesn't look sunken! I know it reads pretty horrible...it wasn't as bad as it reads Smile Anyway, now my eyes look well moisturised and plumpy. Didn't realise how they had looked before until now (that they are better).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Vidisha Lala ! It was great stuff !
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
The results are quite apparant. Since I have used both the eye-cream & prolagene (i.e changed them both at the same time), I cannot tell which might have added more benefit. The QVC persons rave about Prolagene on it's own. I have recommended it to my mother who does it religiously, though, I have also bought her the eye serum & eye cream.

Anyway, decleor has had a great effect on our eyes!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I also got a 150ml sized from EDS. Feel good about the physical feeling when it touches my face. Yet, have to apply the moisturizer on top coz it simply has no hydrating function.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, it is not meant to be moisturising. It's like a serum/gel to plump the skin in the deeper layers (i.e not the epidermis).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have been out of face serum for awhile now, looks like I will be getting some of this prolagene gel, it sounds fabulous and versatile.

Kris

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I have just ordered some of this. It sounds so good. I can't wait til it arrives Very Happy
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I placed an order from my previous one. It doesn't please me that much. Now I used it on my neckline.

As u guys said, it dosn't go anti-ageing. Or maybe my expectation is too high. Mad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, my prolagene gel came today. I applied it all over my face and chest and upper arms, fresh out of the shower, after spritzing with my sake toner. my skin is really soft now and i am gonna to wait a bit before applying another moisturizer on top.

the gel is watery and easy to apply, though i would like it better if decleor didn't add dye to make it blue.

Kris

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |