Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question about 'Rubbing Alcohol'
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Dear EDSers across the pond

As our nanny state here in the UK seems to have stopped us being able to buy proper 'surgical spirit' (all the traditional surgical spirit in the chemists has castor oil in it), I'm trying to get hold of some US style 'rubbing alcohol'. Out of the following two listings at Ebay, which is most similar to the one that you all commonly have?
(The one that says not to use with kitchen towel sounds a bit scary..?!)

http://tinyurl.com/yyjd99
or
http://tinyurl.com/y877tx

Thanks!
Daisy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Ive never seen either one. Here is what I use.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100947&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod1544320

or

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=73865&catid=59904&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-11695&trxp1=59904&trxp2=73865&trxp3=1&trxp4=4&btrx=BUY-GFI-0-EVGR-11695

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella's links are exactly what I remember buying in the states too Daisy - very cheap and simple stuff. Let me know how you get on!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
Dear EDSers across the pond

As our nanny state here in the UK seems to have stopped us being able to buy proper 'surgical spirit' (all the traditional surgical spirit in the chemists has castor oil in it), I'm trying to get hold of some US style 'rubbing alcohol'. Out of the following two listings at Ebay, which is most similar to the one that you all commonly have?
(The one that says not to use with kitchen towel sounds a bit scary..?!)

http://tinyurl.com/yyjd99
or
http://tinyurl.com/y877tx

Thanks!
Daisy

They'll stop us buying cotton wool next, in case we cut ourselves on it. Drives me crazy all this daft nanny state business. Rolling Eyes Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to see if my hubby can bring a bottle back from his next trip to the States as I haven't managed to find the same stuff here in any shape or form! Guess it'll have to go in his checked bags though, or he'd never get it through Laughing . Drives me mad - like I really want to wipe my Baby Quasar down with castor oil - eeeew!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
LOL at majorb!

Had a thought - if anyone in the US will buy and send me some, they can have anything on my MUA swap list in exchange, same user name.
Or I will happily buy witch hazel which does not contain alcohol in exchange!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |