Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Meow Mineral Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Background: I was cleaning out my makeup drawer the other day, and I found some samples of Meow Mineral Makeup that I had ordered a while back before I got hooked on Alima. I couldn't bring myself to just toss them out untested, so I decided today I would skip my usual Alima and try Meow on for size instead. I tried the Meow samples out on the back of my hand and the color match seemed ok, but to really get the feel for a mineral makeup I like to do a full face test.

If you've never heard of Meow cosmetics, they can be found atwww.meowcosmetics.com. They use skin-friendly bismuth-free formulations just like Alima, EDM, etc. They offer three different formulations for different skin types. The one I tested today was "Pampered Puss," their foundation for sensitive skin. The color I tried was "Inquisitive Siamese," which is a neutral, almost white color--- the lightest color they make.

I found the texture of the Meow makeup to be fine. However, the first problem I had was the color--- this foundation was supposed to be almost white, and yet it was kind of tan on my skin!! I looked like I was wearing a mask--- most unflattering. The other problem I had was with the finish--- Alima is matte, yet my face still is bright and glowing when I wear it. With the mewo, my face looked dull and dirty. It was so bad that I couldn't walk around like that for the rest of the day, so I took it off and started all over with my Alima, and when I was done my skin looked gorgeous!^-^

Bottom line: This stuff just wasn't for me--- I simply couldn't get a good color match, and the finish made me look like the walking undead. If you've tried other mineral make ups and you still haven't found one that you like you might want to try Meow, but for me Alima is 100X better--- better coverage, better finish, and better colors. Plus, Alima's foundation feels creamier to me, while Meow's felt more on the dry side.

And now for the details:
Meow Cosmetics Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation, $23.95 atwww.meowcosmetics.com. Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, Liz we're on the same page with Meow. (Great concept though with all the kitty names and stuff) but Meow was way too matte for me and I looked like a crone with it on. I loved Alima this summer, but now in the winter, it's not working so well for me...my skin gets so dry in the winter, so for now I'm back on a creme foundation (Lancome) however, b/c I'm such an MMU 'ho, I just ordered Lumiere's Veena Velvet and Flawless Finish foundations..I've heard rave upon rave....The samples should be here this week and I'll do a review.

Maria Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Yup, Liz we're on the same page with Meow. (Great concept though with all the kitty names and stuff) but Meow was way too matte for me and I looked like a crone with it on.

Hahahaha, thanks for the feedback, Maria! We're totally on the same page--- the meow highlighted skin flaws I didn't even know I had!! Shock I know what you mean about the Alima--- when the weather first turned cold I had problems, but then I just upped my moisture and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Lucky for me, since I can't seem to get a good color match anywhere else! I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions on the Lumiere line. I haven't tried any of their makeup, but I have their synthetic kabuki on the way (I'm hoping it will be small enough to travel with), so I'll report back once I get it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I had been eyeing the Meow Minerals line for a while, really tempted to try their "pure yellow" powders. But from your review about the texture and finish, maybe I'll hold off.

Have you heard of Suncat minerals? The link to her site is impossible to find, it is in a blog.. But she gets pretty good reviews.

ETA: Suncat has a site now:
http://www.suncatnaturalmineralmakeup.com/index.html

Also, have you tried Evan's Garden minerals?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miranets! I took a look at the link you sent--- I think she has some interesting-looking products, but I don't care for the color selection so I probably wouldn't make an order.

As for Evan's Garden, I like some of Evan's products (for example, I use her sanitizing hand spray a billion times a day!), but her mineral makeup doesn't really appeal to me (again, I don't care for the colors), so I doubt I'll try it. I guess my biggest problem is that it's soooo hard for me to find a good, skin-true shade. 9/10 mineral makeup lines don't sell a color that's even close to being light enough, and then the 1/10 that does is usually grey or ashy. Luckily, I like Alima's texture and their customer service, so I think my testing days are over, phew! (Now I've just moved on to testing blushes and eye shadows, lol!)

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Oh I had been eyeing the Meow Minerals line for a while, really tempted to try their "pure yellow" powders. But from your review about the texture and finish, maybe I'll hold off.

Have you heard of Suncat minerals? The link to her site is impossible to find, it is in a blog.. But she gets pretty good reviews.

ETA: Suncat has a site now:
http://www.suncatnaturalmineralmakeup.com/index.html

Also, have you tried Evan's Garden minerals?

Hi Miranets, in case it is helpful, I posted a mini review on MMU samples from Evan's Garden...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20258&highlight=
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:07 am      Reply with quote
OP,

It seems like someone with oily skin might benefit more from Meow's foundation.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 am      Reply with quote
After Aromaleigh went out of business and stopped making my perfect foundation color match, I found a similar product on Meow that I really like.I can vouch for their mineral powders and I am one tough consumer...my skin tone is unique and hard to find a match and at middle age, I need to be careful - can't use anything too shiny or chalky.

Meow fits the bill for me.

BFG
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl,

Doesn't skin tone change throughout the course of a year?
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
i like meow too. i got oily skin. so i've tried alot of brands that oxidize and change colour on me as well as transferring very easily off my face. tried a few colours before getting my shade (asian) and have stuck with them for their coverage. i've not tried alima's though. another one that i like very much is fusion of colours. but prices are a little high.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl--I am not sure if you are aware, but Aromaleigh is back--they have been back for over a year I believe. They are under new ownership with the former owner still formulating now. I just ordered foundation from them which I really like actually. I really miss Aromaleigh, they have the best site and organization.

http://www.aromaleigh.com/

Barefootgirl wrote:
After Aromaleigh went out of business and stopped making my perfect foundation color match, I found a similar product on Meow that I really like.I can vouch for their mineral powders and I am one tough consumer...my skin tone is unique and hard to find a match and at middle age, I need to be careful - can't use anything too shiny or chalky.

Meow fits the bill for me.

BFG

Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |