Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Decleor help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, would you guys be able to give me some advice on Decleor essential oils and balms please?

My skin isn't oily or overly dry (except for dry patches on the cheeks) but I've been prone to spots recently because of some medication I'm on.

After reading the rave reviews here I tried some Ylang Ylang oil which worked a little but it totally dried out my skin. One of the ladies at the Decleor counter suggested the Rose Orient oil, which I tried and it did work much better, but still the spots appear (argh!).

I was wondering if any of you had tried the Neroli, and how it compared with the others? It says its for normal skin, so hopefully my skin wont react too badly with that!

Also, what are the balms like? I was thinking of trying the Essential blam, but is it very drying?

Thanks for reading this, if you've got this far through my skin rant Very Happy
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sheens,

I use Decleor and have both the Ylang ylang and the Essential Balm.

I also have the ongoing small blemish battle (stress, pollution, poor eating, pms - its always smthing isn't it? Sad )

The ylang ylang is okay but i use it only occasionally (more for the scent i confess)I did not find it helpful for blemishes. However I do use the essential balm at night fairly regularly. I do not find it drying but do remember that with these products one uses just the tiniest amount. The balm has the consistency of a solid perfume and will last you ages. You warm a bit between the fingers and press into the skin. I have found the essential balm to be excellent to soothe the skin overnight. I also use the aromapurete tinted concealor for blemishes but it only seems to work on blemishes just under the skin before they emerge for me. The aromapurete purifying mask is also very good for the occasional blemish war.

I am sure other decleor users on the board would be able to help on neroli.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Sheens wrote:
Hi, would you guys be able to give me some advice on Decleor essential oils and balms please?

My skin isn't oily or overly dry (except for dry patches on the cheeks) but I've been prone to spots recently because of some medication I'm on.

After reading the rave reviews here I tried some Ylang Ylang oil which worked a little but it totally dried out my skin. One of the ladies at the Decleor counter suggested the Rose Orient oil, which I tried and it did work much better, but still the spots appear (argh!).

I was wondering if any of you had tried the Neroli, and how it compared with the others? It says its for normal skin, so hopefully my skin wont react too badly with that!

Also, what are the balms like? I was thinking of trying the Essential blam, but is it very drying?

Thanks for reading this, if you've got this far through my skin rant Very Happy

I think the Neroli is a good alternative to the Ylang Ylang (which I use). The Rose d' Orient is good for sensitive skin and won't help with blemishes. I have some Essential balm and and didn't find it drying. So get some samples of Neroli and Essential Balm and test drive the stuff.
havana8

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sheens, Here is a great link to the Decléor accupressure method originally posted by K.A.T... I love it!

http://www.skin-beauty.com/deskca.html
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am afraid Neroli is good for normal skin but personally I love Iris Balm which is for mature skin type.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
The Neroli is supposed to be good for rebalancing the skin so would definitely be worth a try. The balm essential is designed to help sort out problems like irritation and blemishes so would be good for night-time use too. I think you're only supposed to use the balm essential for a month or so at a time though, and then go back to one of the others.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies Smile Neroli oil, and essential night balm it is!

I think you're right, its best to try a sample before committing to the full bottle. I really do hope something from this range works, as I love the idea of using natural products on my skin.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Hi Sheens, Here is a great link to the Decléor accupressure method originally posted by K.A.T... I love it!

Thank you. It's very useful!
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Thank you. It's very useful!

This is a very cool website link. Thanks! Smile
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

Neroli and essential oil is the very good for re-balancing your skin. However, the lady who recommended IRIS is right, decleor's IRIS/vitaroma/experience d'lage range is supposed to be the best and most potent.

Since you are on medication which is causing the breakout, I would recommend drink plenty of water to balance your body internally. Also, as much raw fresh vegetables eg. carrots, celery, peppers as possible to counter-balance the effects of the medication.

Ta,vidisha

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Vidisha Smile

I'm normally pretty good with fruit and veg but never seem to get enough water in the day!

Hmmm, my mum uses the decleor Iris oil, I might have to see if I can decant some for myself.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I really think you should try the Neroli Oil and Essential Balm for your skin condition. Neroli smells like heaven!!! and it is enough for dry spots. Essential Balm will not try off your skin and you don't need to use it every night if you feel it is drying. It should help you balance your dry spots.

Edited to diddo drinking lota water!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Just chiming in to agree with wildcat and others, Neroli and Essential balm are your best bets amongst the oils and balms. They really helped balance and hydrate my very very upset skin a couple of years ago. I use the Rose Dórient too, but Neroli is my one product that I actually get a bit stressed and anxious when it's getting low..."will I get a new one in time from EDS before I run out???" pathetic but true Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
shenpei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the Essential blam is drying,i "feel "it is oily .Yes,just only is "feel",when i massage it on my face softly ,it's absorbed and leaves my skin silky Laughing

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |