Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
~ Review ~ Rooibos Rote Grutze
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love this rooiboos "tea." I recently ordered this from uptontea.com and just simply had to write a review.

I have been a longtime green and white tea drinker but needed something decaffeinated for those cold winter nights. Instead of going for decaf tea, I have been trying an assortment of different tisanes (tisanes is the term for herbal teas).

I first tried my rooibos at Trader Joe's, they have an orange spice rooibos which is very good btw, but i wanted some loose leaf as it saves money in the long run and my boyfriend had given me a proper teapot for christmas. I placed my first place order with upton for the rooisbos rote grutze--the name made me chuckle a little. It actually is a blend of dried strawberries, black currents, cherries and blueberries in the rooibos leaves and it smells incredible. I was even tempted to eat the little fruit pieces after i brewed the tea.

Rooibos is good and apparently full of antioxidants. Try this, it's awesome. I feel like I am getting a superdose of antioxidants everyday, drinking green or white tea in the morning and rooibos at night! Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://uptontea.com/shopcart/item.asp?from=catalog.asp&itemID=BA06&begin=0&parent=Teas%3EMiscellaneous%3EHerbals&category=Tisanes+and+Infusions&sortMethod=0&categoryID=49

My bf had also given me a sampler set from upton, and i have to say, I love their mango indicia (smells like fresh mangoes) and the sweet almond green tea (smells like a cookie!). You actually get a lot of tea in each sampler tin:

http://uptontea.com/shopcart/item.asp?from=catalog.asp&itemID=SF02&begin=0&parent=Teas&category=Sampler+Sets&sortMethod=0&categoryID=109

Also, if you live next to a Trader Joe's, I suggest you try their Chrysanthemum tea (it's an herbal tea) and the Pomegranate White tea (i think it was an EDS member who recommended this). These are very awesome if you don't have time to brew loose leaf teas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the recs, skincareaddicted--- I'm definitely going to check them out! Recently I've been drinking Japanese green tea and Yogi tea kombucha during the day, and Dr. Stuart's Skin Purify herbal tea (every little bit helps, right?) and hyakunencha herbal tea at night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi liz,

glad to hear you're getting your daily antioxidants too, and yes, every bit does help Smile.

I have been reading about kombucha tea. Is the Yogi one the same one you can cultivate yourself?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi liz,

glad to hear you're getting your daily antioxidants too, and yes, every bit does help Smile.

I have been reading about kombucha tea. Is the Yogi one the same one you can cultivate yourself?

I think it's a little different. I think it's maybe not QUITE as effective as the freshly cultured kind (which I'm still trying to drink as often as I can manage), but it's still beneficial--- our own dear Paris Troika swears by it. Plus the yogi tea one also contains green tea and other herbs, so it's a great tea overall IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:

I placed my first place order with upton for the rooisbos rote grutze--the name made me chuckle a little.

I can imagine the name made you chuckle :-). It's german (red pulp) and in fact a very common dessert in northern Germany : a mix of red fruits cooked with sugar, the best with custard...
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I admit it, I'm a total, unashamed tea snob. However, I recently tried a sample of Celestial Seasonings' Madagascar Vanilla Red Rooibos Tea, and I am in love!! I had to go out and get a full-size box today, which cost me a very reasonable $3. The sweet flavor or Rooibos is SUCH a great match for the natural vanilla bean flavor. If anyone is looking for a good caffeine-free tea to enjoy in the evening, this is a winner! (I think there's still a link on the free sample post where you can send off for a free sample of it too...)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
i bought rooibos tea at superstore ,20 tea bags $1.94
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I adore coffee but have become addicted to tea during the day.

Have you ever tried Teavana? I love their spice mate vana and a few of their rooibos teas. Right now I'm obsessing over a new rooibos, Sweet Amore. It's nutty and spicy and sooooo good. Similar to a chai but much better.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |