Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

which cream/serum for wrinkles has worked for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new here, have been lurking mostly, having a great time reading all the reviews etc.

I use retin a in the evening, and was wondering, which product would be most effective daytime? I have tough skin, so can take pretty strong products! Very Happy
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Vit C serums and high PPD sunscreen
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
zizi..this is a GREAT thread!!!

I don't have a suggestion though, since I'm doing preventative measures and not trying to repair anything. But I will be taking notes!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Cellular SkinRx's Relax-a-Line and Relax-a-Line with Vialox - for helping to relax facial contractions. Great for foreheads, 11's and crow's feet.

DMAE serum firms nicely, which can also help to diminish the appearance of wrinkles. I'm currently using and loving the Candessence one.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I've found to actually reverse wrinkles long term is AHA peels followed by something healing
(peptide/EGF/PSF O2 serum).
I also use a Retinod (Tazorac for adult acne so that also may be doing something.

Good luck.

P.S. Candy's DMAE serum is good for tightening and that has been shown to have a cumulative good effect.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I think I will definately be using DMAE. Is it ok to put Vit c on it afterwards?
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
DMAE really works for me and I have just started using their night cream and I am very pleased with the results, my aim to keep the lines at bay so that they will not get any worse and I am happy with the outcome and I have tried loads of different anti aging creams. This forum is great for reviews. I would always use a very high sun factor like Le Roche Posay under your day cream.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I really like my Amino Genisis Tripeptinon which has DMAE.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the C-ESTA serum from Jan Marini has worked quite well. I use both the face and eye serums. It has done alot of correcting for me since I started using it about 3 months ago.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Avene Retrinal has helped my wrinkles become less noticeable. It's gentle on my skin and I haven't needed additional moisturizer at night.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use cellex-c high potency serum and sisley global anti-aging cream. so far i dont have any wrinkles.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi zizi - Do you currently have wrinkles or are you just hoping to prevent them? This could make a difference in what products would be suitable for you. I wholeheartedly agree with Paris Troika about prevention. I've used sunscreen religiously since I was 30. Even though I'm 54 now, I still have great skin.

But I AM 54 so I've recently started using PSF DMAE Serum and I love it. I don't have wrinkles but I do have some fine lines under my eyes and this tightens my skin and makes them disappear. What I like more about it though is that it's lifting my upper eyelids which droop a little. Also, it's greatly diminished two horizontal lines across the front of my neck (had these since I was 30). This is potent stuff and a couple of members have reported they've experienced dryness and stopped using it. I was a bit dry at first (not sure if it was caused by this) but I'm not anymore and now I couldn't live without it. When I want to look my very best, I apply it on freshly-cleansed skin, followed by PSF Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum. Otherwise, I apply it on top of SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic (love it and sometimes apply it twice a day) after waiting about 15-20 minutes (or longer if I can wait). It doesn't firm my skin as quite as much this way, but it still works! Actually, I only need to use PSF DMAE about every other day.

I also love Avene Retrinal (a mild retinoid but you don't need it if you're tolerating Retin-A!).

But most importantly I use Bioderma MAX Fluid (or Creme if I need extra emollience) SPF50+. If you have really oily skin, you may not like it. But it has a high PPD value which is key for me. If you're using Retin-A, I hope you're also using a good sunscreen as well.
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
zizi wrote:
I think I will definately be using DMAE. Is it ok to put Vit c on it afterwards?

Like zizi, I'm also a nighttime Retin A user and so I'm interested in how to layer Vit. C, DMAE and/or HA.

"Anyone? Anyone?? Beuller?"

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I'd say Vit.C then DMAE or HA then sunscreen. RA in the p.m.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Cellular SkinRx's Relax-a-Line and Relax-a-Line with Vialox - for helping to relax facial contractions. Great for foreheads, 11's and crow's feet.

Hi MajorB - how would you describe the difference in effectiveness between the Relaz-a-line and the Relax-a-line with Vialox?
Thanks
Puds
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zizi - I've started using the PSF DMAE toner and believe that it is helping to firm my skin...I know this sounds NUTS - it is only a toner but I swear that about 15 minutes after application, my skin looks slightly firmer (before I put on any cream!)...I am waiting for the DMAE gel to arrive and cannot wait to start using it! I get excited every time April starts talking about it!!! I just can't wait!!!
Pudoodles
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles - I really really hope the PSF DMAE Serum works as well for you as it has for me Pray Pray Pray I've got a sample of the toner and I'm going to try using it on alternate days when I don't use the serum. Sounds like a good way to tinker with my regimen!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C serum + Cellcosmet Ultra Vital
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
majorb wrote:

Hi MajorB - how would you describe the difference in effectiveness between the Relaz-a-line and the Relax-a-line with Vialox?
Thanks
Puds

The Vialox version seems to have a slightly stronger effect for me - possibly because it has an additional relaxing ingredient. I think, though, it's probably a question of trying to see which one suits you best.

I myself planned to use the Vialox one when I need something stronger - for example, a night out or special occasion, but the normal one at other times. Unfortunately, I have the same problem as a few other users of such products - if I don't use them for a while, I end up with a headache when I start with them again. This only lasts for a day or two, then it fades and I can continue using the product with no headaches at all. I think it shows that this must be doing something to my forehead muscles, so it's actually kind of a good thing! Laughing

So I've ended up using the Vialox in the morning and the normal at night (or vice-versa if I have a night out planned). This means that I don't get the headaches because I'm using each one every day without a break. Having said that, I can go a day without using either and start up again without getting a headache.

Just in case you're worried, not everyone seems to experience an initial headache during the first couple of days of use - probably only a minority of us. And I'm still using it, so that's a testament to how much I like it!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi Pudoodles - I really really hope the PSF DMAE Serum works as well for you as it has for me Pray Pray Pray I've got a sample of the toner and I'm going to try using it on alternate days when I don't use the serum. Sounds like a good way to tinker with my regimen!

Hi m.april,

Somebody mentionned that PSF DMAE smells of fish. Is this true? I'd interested in trying a DMAE but tend to get easily affected by smells.

Thanks

Cat
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it has a lovely fishy smell! Personally, I love it..but, if your nose is sensitive, be warned. BTW, it really dissipates quickly!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
oh nooooo...love fish but on my plate or in the water, not on me.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Don't be such a wimp! Put a clothespin over your nose..by the time you can't hold your breath anymore, the smell's gone Very Happy
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Agent OO-CAT - marina's right. The scent dissipates VERY quickly and so doesn't bother me at all. Personally, there've been many perfumed products that really bother me, especially when the scent lingers.

Maybe to overcome your disinclination, you could try a little behavior modification and take a whiff of cocktail sauce right after. JK.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I thought I was the only weirdo...cloying or perfumey products make me gag..earthy smells don't bother me at all!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |