Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Big Love for Burt's Bees Baby Bee Dusting Powder!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
The other day when I was getting ready to write a review for the Baby Bee Shampoo and Wash, I was browsing aroung the forum to see if anyone had written any reviews on it yet, and what I found was that there were almost NO reviews written for the Baby Bee products. This is a HG line for me, so I thought I should do something to remedy that. Wink

As you all know, I don't have any little ones yet (unless you count my two floppy-eared bunnies! ) so I buy the Baby Bee products for myself. They are relatively inexpensive, natural, cruelty-free, and the fragrance is pretty much my favorite fragrance ever--- a delicate combination of apricots, honey, and baby powder, mmmm!!! Out of the Baby Bee products, this dusting powder is definitely one of my favorites. Even when I use deodorant I tend to get sweaty armpits during the day (Especially in the winter time when the heating is on full-blast everywhere Confused ), so every morning after I apply my deodorant I dust my armpits with this gorgeous powder, and it keeps me dry, sweet-smelling, and fresh all day. I also use it on my feet, for my whole body before bed, and yes, sometimes even on my face! Also the other day Vonstella suggested using it as a dry shampoo, and it worked great. It's slightly more expensive than your regular, run-of-the-mill baby powder, but I totally think it's worth it for the smell alone, so say nothing of the nice "extra" ingredients like powdered rosebuds and herbs. I've read some reviews online before that say that this stuff has a rough texture to it, but honestly I find it to be as smooth and silky as any other baby powder I've ever used. I also like that the plastic bottle it comes in is made from 90% post-consumer recycled pellets made of milk jugs, soda bottles, etc--- hooray for Burt's Bees!^-^

Here's how Burt's describes their product:
Gentle Enough For The Most Sensitive Skin!

Fragrant powdered herbs and flowers are carefully blended in a cornstarch base to gently soothe Baby's chafing, prickly heat, and skin irritation.

You can buy Baby Bee Dusting powder at some grocery stores and drugstores and also at drugstore.com. It's usually around $6, sometimes even less. The ingredients are:
Corn Starch, Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda), French White Clay, Bentonite (Natural Clay), Powdered Rosebuds, Powdered Myrrh, Powdered Slippery Elm Bark, Fragrance

Bottom line: It really is absolutely fabulous stuff. If you usually use regular baby powder, you will just LOVE this!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, I love your reviews...they're so descriptive and informative! I'm not even a baby powder person per se, but you've got me convinced I need to try this stuff! Laughing I really like vonstella's idea of using this for a dry shampoo, so I'll grab some next time I'm out shopping (they've got Burt's everywhere here...even the regular grocery store!)...

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the smell of the baby bee line! I'll have to check out the dusting powder.

liz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Baby Bee is a wonderful line.

Can't remember who wrote it, but someone here was lamenting the discontinuation of the Solid Perfume. I still have a half a jar left, but maybe a we should start a letter writing campaign?? I love the Apricot Bath Oil, too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Essentia wrote:
Baby Bee is a wonderful line.

Can't remember who wrote it, but someone here was lamenting the discontinuation of the Solid Perfume. I still have a half a jar left, but maybe a we should start a letter writing campaign?? I love the Apricot Bath Oil, too.

Essentia, I was the person lamenting the loss of the baby bee perfume. Besides the fact that I just love the smell so much, I've developed a terrible sensitivity to perfume sprays (they all give me a headache), so if I want to wear perfume, this is pretty much it for me. Anyways, I called and emailed Burt's about bringing it back, and they said they might consider it if interest were strong enough. So, if you'd like you can either email them via their homepage, or call them here: 866-422-8787--- you never know, we just might get it back!^-^

In the meantime, I've noticed that when I wear this dusting powder under my clothes, all throughout the day I'll catch hints of that delicious apricot-honey scent wafting off of me---- I love it!! (DH is a fan too...) So, until we can get the solid perfume back, the powder is a decent substitute...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
So today I bought one of Burt's Baby Bee try-me kits--- I wanted mini-bottles of the lotion and baby oil (delicious!) for an upcoming trip, and I wanted to try their diaper rash cream (I heard it's good for eczema), so the try-me kit seemed like the way to go. (BTW, the kit was like $7, so this is a great way to sample a lot of yummy products without spending a lot of $$.) Anyways, it also came with a sachet of the baby powder, and it's definitely small enough to fit in an envelope, so I'd be happy to mail it to someone who's been eyeing this powder. So, if you'd like it, just PM me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Baby Bee kit about a month ago, but didn't open the dusting powder until today. I wish I didn't wait so long, it smells AMAZING.....I keep smelling the opened packet.

Liz,

When you wrote that you've used it on your face, was it in place of any of those finishing powders you use after your MMU? I was wondering how this compared, especially since it doesn't have a lot of junk in it and I figure the kaolin and bentonite would help with shininess. I'm going to try it out tomorrow; the mica in the EM Silk Dust is making me nervous for my face next week!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I want to ask - isn't baking soda really bad for your face/skin? And if it's bad for your skin wouldn't it be bad for the skin on your body as well?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Anyways, it also came with a sachet of the baby powder, and it's definitely small enough to fit in an envelope, so I'd be happy to mail it to someone who's been eyeing this powder. So, if you'd like it, just PM me!

i was about ot raise my hand and say me! me! (as i'm another that gets sweaty and uses powder under her arms), but i realised sending powder in a letter still may be a touchy subject. you know, the anthrax scares and all.... (i'm one of those that went through hell for having powdered toothpaste in an unmarked container whilst travelling shortly after 9/11.) ah well, next time i'm in the states i will definitely pick this up. it sounds the perfect replacement for my Dr. Haushka powder which tends to smell bitter.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
(i'm one of those that went through hell for having powdered toothpaste in an unmarked container whilst travelling shortly after 9/11.)

I've never seen powdered toothpaste! Question

I know baking soda only irritates my skin if it's wet...as far as the alkalinity.

I used the dusting powder instead something else today and my face didn't melt off, but it didn't really help with shine. I didn't use that much though, I thought it might be too opaque.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
I bought the Baby Bee kit about a month ago, but didn't open the dusting powder until today. I wish I didn't wait so long, it smells AMAZING.....I keep smelling the opened packet.

Liz,

When you wrote that you've used it on your face, was it in place of any of those finishing powders you use after your MMU? I was wondering how this compared, especially since it doesn't have a lot of junk in it and I figure the kaolin and bentonite would help with shininess. I'm going to try it out tomorrow; the mica in the EM Silk Dust is making me nervous for my face next week!

Hi Sushi! Isn't it just the best smell ever? When ever I dust it in my armpits I smell just delicious all day. As for using it on my face, I've actually only used it on my t-zone at night to keep the oilies away over night, so I've never used it in place of outher loose powders during the day, but I'd be curious to hear what you think if you end up trying it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Update!!! So, recently I got suckered into buying a bottle of Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo from Sephora--- big mistake!!! Not only does this stuff not work as well on greasy bangs as the Baby Bee Dusting powder, it doesn't smell as nice either AND it's a billion times more expensive! The Blandi stuff wasn't a BAD product per se, but considering how happy I am with the Baby Bee powder, it's definitely not worth it to shell out the extra $$ IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
seconding, I have not found a dry shampoo that works any better that this stuff, and certainly won't smell as nice.
be sure and use it a few hours before leaving the house though to give the powder a chance to absorb the oil and shake it out -- don't want to look like marie antoinette.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
i even dont know burt's bees carry this product! maybe i should do more reviews.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
another idea -- sprinkle between sheets in summer, keeps you from feeling sticky if it's humid and obviously makes your bed smell extra nice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I forgot to mention...there have been some scientific studies that possibly link cancer to the use of talc in the vaginal area. It's surprising that some powders that are designed specifically for feminine use have talc!!! The fact that this does not have talc makes it a safe alternative until they prove that talc is or is not linked to ovarian cancer.

Yet another reason to put this on your list Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |