Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where to buy SLS free shampoos
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi, im in London, any idea where i can find Aubrey Organics here for their range of SLS free shampoos or if i can find any other brands? Thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:05 am      Reply with quote
What type of hair do you have? If it's curly/wavy I'm finding a lot of joy atwww.naturalfrizz.co.uk
Just got another SLS/cone/protein free delivery today. WOW!
Jessicurl and Jane Carter Solution products are fantastic!!!

Also a lot of department stores (e.g. John Lewis) are carrying MOP Modern Organic Products (http://www.mophair.com/default.asp) shampoos/conds, which are SLS free. They're OK, but not so good for curls.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Curious - what are the disadvantages to having SLS in haircare?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:21 am      Reply with quote
It's a detergent which strips your hair of natural oils. For some it's way too harsh, but it does depend on your hair type I think.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
It's a detergent which strips your hair of natural oils. For some it's way too harsh, but it does depend on your hair type I think.

wow, I don't know this before! Thank you all!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I use Caudalie's SLS free shampoo, but i wouldn't recommend it for dry hair/scalp.
mojocat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Im Asian so have straight, dark hair. Jacque, i didnt know before about SLS free shampoos either until this forum. I used to have short hair but its now growing and almost at shoulder length level, im finding im dropping alot more hair so thought i wuld give these organic shampoos a go to see if they help. Going through earlier threads, I think Aubrey Organics would be a good one to start with. Was just wondering if i could get it in a store in London instead of the online option. So if anyone has ideas about that, please help!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
What type of hair do you have? If it's curly/wavy I'm finding a lot of joy atwww.naturalfrizz.co.uk
Just got another SLS/cone/protein free delivery today. WOW!
Jessicurl and Jane Carter Solution products are fantastic!!!

Also a lot of department stores (e.g. John Lewis) are carrying MOP Modern Organic Products (http://www.mophair.com/default.asp) shampoos/conds, which are SLS free. They're OK, but not so good for curls.

Molly, I could positively kiss you! I've been wanting to try Jessicurl for ages, but the only European supplier I could find was in the Netherlands and charged loads for p&p. I shall definitely be using that site in future.

Can I just ask which Jessicurl and Jane Carter products you particularly like and what they do for your curly hair? My hair is a curly/wavy/frizzy/flyaway mess and I'm always looking for anything that will help.

BTW Carekate kindly did me a custom purchase on some Pave's Shine Serum before Christmas. I'm very impressed. Although I'll never have very shiny hair because of my curls, it does make it look much healthier, feels softer, and it also seems to stop styling products making my hair crispy.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
If you're looking for SLS free shampoo, I'd go to a site likewww.natural-formulations.com. They sell really lovely shampoos and conditioners that are SLS free and which have different things added to them based on your need. You can also buy individual actives and just add them yourself, again depending on what you need.

I buy my shampoo and conditioner there for $15 per gallon, which is a great price. There are a host of sites out there that sell actives that also carry SLS free bases.

In my case, I add seakelp bioferment to the shampoo. I used to spend a small fortune on shampoo. This costs less and my hair loves it.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I didn't realise this before too Smile Looks like it might do me some good since my hair is naturally very dry and coarse
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I

In my case, I add seakelp bioferment to the shampoo. I used to spend a small fortune on shampoo. This costs less and my hair loves it.

Katee, what does the seakelp bioferment do? I have an SLS/SDS-free shampoo base and am trying to figure out different goodies to add to it. I'm Asian and so have dark, straight hair. I mainly want to keep it healthy and shiny.
priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
My hair is a curly/wavy/frizzy/flyaway mess and I'm always looking for anything that will help.

Ditto hair twin Smile Frankly I want to kiss myself. My hair feels human again for the first time ages.
My hair's extremely fine so I've been using the 'light' samples from Jessicurl. Once you stop using cones/proteins/SLS you will feel an immediate difference. If you think you've used anything with silicones in within the past few months best get a cheap clarifying shampoo and use that first. Because I've got fine hair I find I hardly use any of the styling products. I literally just wet my hands with them so they'll last forever. I don't know what to recommend; I use the Too Shea instead of shampoo most times, I love the Aloeba daily conditioner as a that and a leave - in. I've just got the 'heavy' sample pack and prefer the 'Rockin Ringlets' to the other curl enhancers. I can end up looking like I should be tap dancing and singing the Good Ship Lollipop if I overdo it and that's not too dignified at my age.
The only thing the range is missing is a bit of shine which is what I'm trying the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll for and it's quite different; hydrating but not in an oily, lank way and my hair feels light and not crispy. I'd love to try some more of her stuff.
You really need to watch these videos before using the products. It looks like a terrible faff, but in the end it's easy enough. I don't do the towel on head thing, but the rest of it really works for me.
http://www.jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html
They've got Moptop sample packs too, but I found it intensely drying.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hiya,

If you're in London, Neals Yard Remdies do sls free shampoos I think. They're based in Covent Garden, have a look on their website and see (I can't post links up yet its nealsyardremedies dot co dot uk)

Also, Naturally thinking (dot ) co (dot ) uk do SLS free and are pretty cheaply priced.

I think the solid shampoos from Lush are sls free (their liquid ones arent), and try Aveda too, I'm sure I've heard theyre sls free. All these companies websites should have ingredients lists for their products.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Katee, that is such a great deal. How would you compare their shampoo to Kerastase (if you know, but if not, no biggie)? I tried Kerastase and my hair seems to like it. It is not sticking together as much and it feels softer. I am having issues with hair breakage, weightless, and dryness, and Kerastase seems to help with these issues, but it is really too expensive for me to keep using it. So I am open to great alternatives.

katee wrote:
If you're looking for SLS free shampoo, I'd go to a site likewww.natural-formulations.com. They sell really lovely shampoos and conditioners that are SLS free and which have different things added to them based on your need. You can also buy individual actives and just add them yourself, again depending on what you need.

I buy my shampoo and conditioner there for $15 per gallon, which is a great price. There are a host of sites out there that sell actives that also carry SLS free bases.

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
majorb wrote:
My hair is a curly/wavy/frizzy/flyaway mess and I'm always looking for anything that will help.

Ditto hair twin Smile Frankly I want to kiss myself. My hair feels human again for the first time ages.
My hair's extremely fine so I've been using the 'light' samples from Jessicurl. Once you stop using cones/proteins/SLS you will feel an immediate difference. If you think you've used anything with silicones in within the past few months best get a cheap clarifying shampoo and use that first. Because I've got fine hair I find I hardly use any of the styling products. I literally just wet my hands with them so they'll last forever. I don't know what to recommend; I use the Too Shea instead of shampoo most times, I love the Aloeba daily conditioner as a that and a leave - in. I've just got the 'heavy' sample pack and prefer the 'Rockin Ringlets' to the other curl enhancers. I can end up looking like I should be tap dancing and singing the Good Ship Lollipop if I overdo it and that's not too dignified at my age.
The only thing the range is missing is a bit of shine which is what I'm trying the Jane Carter Wrap and Roll for and it's quite different; hydrating but not in an oily, lank way and my hair feels light and not crispy. I'd love to try some more of her stuff.
You really need to watch these videos before using the products. It looks like a terrible faff, but in the end it's easy enough. I don't do the towel on head thing, but the rest of it really works for me.
http://www.jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html
They've got Moptop sample packs too, but I found it intensely drying.

Fabulous! I shall be saving this thread so I can refer to it before splurging.

Have to admit that, even though I'm not much younger than you, I'd be quite happy to become a Shirley Temple lookylikey - hairwise, anyway. I don't have a scrap of dignity to lose. Laughing
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sheens wrote:

I think the solid shampoos from Lush are sls free (their liquid ones arent), and try Aveda too, I'm sure I've heard theyre sls free. All these companies websites should have ingredients lists for their products.

Sorry, the ingredient lists for LUSH solid shampoos all declare SLS as their first ingredient.
Sheens
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:
Sheens wrote:

Sorry, the ingredient lists for LUSH solid shampoos all declare SLS as their first ingredient.

My mistake, sorry. I thought for some reason the solid ones were fine.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Jason Natural Cosmetics makes various shampoos and conditioners that are SLS free. They are an American company from California and are sold here in Sweden at various health food markets or online sites. I would think that in the UK it might be similar. I highly recommend their Lavender shampoo and conditioner if you have straight, thin hair. It makes mine positively frizz free but still adds volume.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
It's probably an extremely stupid question. And Probably we already discussed it on the forum as well (stupid me, cannot remember !)
So probably i should have guilty conscious to place it : but, is there something like good sls and bad sls ? Since April 2006 i'm on sls-free trip myself and noticed that some companies claim "yes, yes, we have sls in there but that's a plant derived one." I mean, it could be an important info for vegetarians but it's still the very same sls - isn't it ?
kalegr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:07 am      Reply with quote
The Purist Co - [A'kin] have a range of SLS free shampoos, conditioners and treatments. They are available in the UK.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:36 am      Reply with quote
mojocat wrote:
Hi, im in London, any idea where i can find Aubrey Organics here for their range of SLS free shampoos or if i can find any other brands? Thanks!

I do remember seeing the Aubrey Organics skincare products in one of the large Oxford St departments stores so they probably have the shampoos too - was probably Selfridges.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
how about SEBA? Question
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Mojocat - Ren products are SLF free. I have tried most of their range, love, love, love them but haven't tried the shampoo yet.

One question as SLF is a foaming agent, do the hair products that don't contain SLS still foam and if so what foaming agent do they use instead?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
One to look out for also is Liz Earle, I believe they are currently designing a SLS free shampoo. Their Orange Flower Botanical Body Wash is heavenly and non SLS.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:34 am      Reply with quote
MOP Modern Organic Products are NOT SLS free. This company has always made me wonder how they can be called 'organic', when they have all sorts of chemicals in their products. You can get a list of the ingredients on the website, but they do contain SLS. Their shampoos always seem to make my hair lank and lifeless too. I wouldn't recommend them.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |