Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jan Marini Age Intervention Hair Revitalizing Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a case of this ordered. Shipping date from the company begins on Jan. 15th.

The serum is quite expensive but if it works as well as the eyelash serum then I'm sure people will want it. My rep from JM says it's as good or better. I have thinning hair on top so I will try it and let you all know if you want to wait to buy it.

Some things she told me about the serum: It is for hormonal hair loss. It is a spray that you can use after shampooing. I don't wash my hair everyday and she said that you can use it on dry hair as well. You spray a small amount on the roots area. You can use your normal styling gels and sprays. And that's all I know.

*** This post has been edited by EDS mods to remove offer of sale. No selling on the forum please.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Patty, I'm interested in ingredients list. Please, post it when you get your order.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I sure will. I may be able to find that out if I talk to my rep today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Patty,

How expenseve is the Hair Growth Serum?

Thank you.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I am really interested in this product as well. I tried to do a bit of research on it but didn't have much luck.

Could you tell me where to look? I'd be very grateful.

My thinning hair issues seem to be hereditary not hormonal (just had a full blood and chem panel done and am consulting with a dermatologist) so I'm curious to learn about some strategies.

I'd rather not go the rogaine route (so many say that the women's formula is useless and advise to use the men's formula which can drive facial hair growth--ack!). And, I've read terrific reports on this board re: JM lash formula so I'm thinking her hair stuff must be great.

Happy New Year!
PRS

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty. Thanks for giving us the heads up on this! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! I wonder if you could use that on your eyelids since you cant buy the eyelash intervention,if it grows hair on your head it should work for eyelashes.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Patty. Your post is very timely. I've been using 5% Rogaine for over a year but have to say that I'm completely underwhelmed by it. It's probably way past time for me to try something else; maybe this is it.

I'd be interested in your results with the hair serum. I'm also curious about whether the product changes hair texture or scalp condition (e.g., 5% Rogaine is compounded and the alcohol can be quite drying to the scalp).

BTW, just how expensive is "expensive"? Santa (aka me) left a few lovely gifts from EDS at my house, and now visions of debtor's prison/chain gang/workhouse are dancing in my head.

So please make your review really, really onvincing! Laughing
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Darn it, I meant "convincing". Add "spelling flunk-out" to the items dancing in my head. Embarassed
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Honeys, I'll tell you all about it and I promise to tell the truth. If the JM doesn't work for me, my husband, my receeding hairline 23 year old son, I'll pack the rest of it up and send it back to JM. When my rep first told me about this I wanted to know why I hadn't seen this on the Today Show or GMA and she told me that I probably would after people find out how great it works. Hmmm, we'll see. I know that it's not going to work on follicles that are dead. So men/women who are completely bald won't have luck with it. I am 49 and my thinking is that part of my hair thinning (on top) is hormonal. My husband, who is 59 has really lost the hair this past year. Wouldn't that be considered hormonal too? My son...I just don't know.

I asked my rep today for the list of ingredients and she said she wouldn't know until the product is released. I could swear she told me a couple of months back that it has Rogaine in it which disappointed me because the women I know who've used it say that it may have given them a little fuzz on top but that's it. I know women who have had pharmacists mix up concoctions for them that were supposed to grow hair and that didn't work. I may have misunderstood about the Rogaine. I'm not sure. But I'll let ya'll know immediately, when I know. It is shocking when you start to see hair in the sinks drain all the time. I do understand the concern people feel over hair loss.

Did I answer all the questions? I just remembered another question. I also asked about using the hair growth serum on the lashes and was told that it's not a good idea. The Revitalash is less expensive though so I think I'd get that for my lashes but then again, it would take just a little on the lash line...I'd probably give it a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean Pinky. I just edited my first post because of a grammatical error. Thank goodness for the edit button. Most of the time, I don't care but I HATE using was when were is correct.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
pinky1 wrote:
I've been using 5% Rogaine for over a year but have to say that I'm completely underwhelmed by it.

Me too. I decided to try Rogaine but maybe my follicles are dead ... I've had a bare spot for DECADES. Anyway, I used womens 2% for a couple of months then switched to the mens 5% foam. Been on Rogaine for 6 months now and notice nothing! I will admit though that I'm not very good at the twice a day application.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing you can do is go to the best Doctor in your area for Analysis for hair loss - sooner than later. The more your hair thins, the less that can be done.

Women are the trickiest to treat as transplants may not be always possible.

Combination of therapies - Transplant, minoxidil, and Light/Laser therapy is done for hormone based hair loss in women.

First and expert must determine that is what you have as there are a number of other things that can cause hair loss, including an uncontrolled thyroid. (Thyroid combined with hormone change of menopause needs to be monitored carefully, as thyroid control is very individual.

Bottom line, make sure you are seeing the best expert in your area with the best results for treating women not men for hair loss.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Can this JM hair growth serum be used for men, not that my bf needs it now, but I'm asking for future in case he needs it (long-range planner here)?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
how much is it and where do you buy it I havent found it for sale anywhere.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lucy. It's not available yet. The scheduled release date is January 15th.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
today is 15 jan, can't wait till she try and give us the review.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, God thats another thing I may have to get.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
two days passed. Still no news. Bump to get attention Smile
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Shipping began Jan. 15th but that doesn't mean that mine was shipped. I'll post when I get it. I'll also post about any additional info I get. I don't mind being the guinea pig either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
where do you buy it? I need it for my eyebrows and I could use fuller hair....my husband needs it too! Minoxidol has not helped my brows much.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Does it stop hair loss in men or does it help regrow what is lost? My husbands hair is thinning, he doesnt seem to care at all but I am the one panicking!
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
My JM rep told me today that the preorder for the hair serum has been huge and for that reason, it's shipping next week. Darn it and I was ready to start using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Very excited!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc,

My 23 year old son is going to try it for his receding hairline. I'll let you know how it works for him. The JM rep told me that it's for hormonal hair loss so it's my thinking that it will be perfect for us 30, 40, 50 and so on years old, who are thinning on top. My husband also so lost sooooo much hair this past year. He seems to feel the same way your husband feels. He's 59 and he just accepts it. I don't want him to keep losing it as he has really nice salt and pepper, curly hair.

My rep also told him that the serum testers are saying that it makes the hair look healthier. They are not supposed to make claims that it makes your hair grow faster, but the testers are saying it does. I don't want it to make my hair grow faster because I get it heavily highlighted and touch-ups will come sooner I'm afraid. But because of the chemicals in the dye, my hair is dry so I'm hoping that my hair will look healthier.

I wish it had shipped on the l5th as JM proposed, but hopefully, it will be this coming week. I've ordered a case of it and I hope it sells like hotcakes. LOL!!! It will for sure if it works.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |