Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin remodeling - completely confused!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
In the last few months, I've gotten serious about my skin care. I've been using the IS Clinical line for about 2 months, and have had good results - my skin is much smoother, less oily, and my large pores seem slightly reduced, though that may just be wishful thinking. More than anything else, though, it just seems to "glow." However, I'd like to get more aggressive and incorporate some skin remodeling products to try to address pore size and some texture/hyperpigmentation issues. But I've done a lot of reading here and at the skinbio website, and I'm more confused than ever!

My current routine is:

Morning:
Cetaphil cleanser
ACV toner
IS Clinical Super Serum
Relax-a-line Plus (on 11s)
IS Clinical Hydracool
Decleor Ylang Ylang oil

Evening:
Yonka Gel Nettoyant cleanser
ACV toner
IS Clinical Active Serum
Relax-a-line Plus
IS Clinical Hydracool or SkinCeuticals Renew Overnight Oily moisturizer
Cellcosmet Eye Cream

Green Apple Peel or homemade Supersonic Aspirin Mask a few times/week.

What I am confused about is whether I can incorporate more agressive skin remodeling products alongside what I am already using (since I have had good results with IS Clinical, I don't want to completely scrap it yet), what order to use them in, how long I have to wait in between products. I have been reading about copper peptides, exfol serum, mandelic acid, peels, etc., and am just so confused about what to try and how to incorporate it. I don't know why I can't get my mind around this stuff, but any help/advice would be appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I wish I could help. I just started the skinbio stuff but only on my tummy for stretch marks. I know they got good stuff for your eyes and face, too, but I have no clue how to fit in so many things on one face. I may need to get another face so I can try more products. hehe
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
hlg --

the good news is that you don't have to scrap any of the very good products that you're using.

if you're interested in incorporating copper peptides, here's the gal you want to hook up with!!! she looks even better now!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=16585

marla

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think you can incorporate CPs now (the link to Scalawaggirl's experience/guidance will be very helpful). Personally, I don't think that you need to incorporate additional acids into your routine -- the Active Serum is pretty strong (I use it as well). Exfol serum isn't as strong as the Active, so I don't think you'd see any real benefit. You might try mandelic acid in the morning, but start using it sparingly (personally, I was never really able to use it without a lot of peeling). You could also incorporate a retinoid product. If you do, again, start very slowly, and be particularly careful when using it with acids.
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:
I think you can incorporate CPs now (the link to Scalawaggirl's experience/guidance will be very helpful). Personally, I don't think that you need to incorporate additional acids into your routine -- the Active Serum is pretty strong (I use it as well). Exfol serum isn't as strong as the Active, so I don't think you'd see any real benefit. You might try mandelic acid in the morning, but start using it sparingly (personally, I was never really able to use it without a lot of peeling). You could also incorporate a retinoid product. If you do, again, start very slowly, and be particularly careful when using it with acids.

Thanks! I did read through Scalawaggirl's posts, which are what got me started thinking about all this in the first place... So, then would I use CPs/retinol at night after the Active and HydraCool? (or after Active but before HydraCool?) And if I try the mandelic, it would go before the SuperSerum in the morning, with a wait before applying the SS?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
StellaMarie wrote:

Thanks! I did read through Scalawaggirl's posts, which are what got me started thinking about all this in the first place... So, then would I use CPs/retinol at night after the Active and HydraCool? (or after Active but before HydraCool?) And if I try the mandelic, it would go before the SuperSerum in the morning, with a wait before applying the SS?

Yes, I think that's right. It's actually very similar to what I do (I use a 5% BHA on congestion-prone areas in the morning before Pro Heal). I tend not to use the HydraCool at night, but if you do, I would use it after the retinoid product and CPs.

Personally, I've found that I am able to use the Active Serum along with a retinoid, but it took a while and my skin is still pretty sensitive (I cannot do strong peels anymore). CPs never bothered me, but I know that some people have had difficulty incorporating them.
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:

Yes, I think that's right. It's actually very similar to what I do (I use a 5% BHA on congestion-prone areas in the morning before Pro Heal). I tend not to use the HydraCool at night, but if you do, I would use it after the retinoid product and CPs.

Personally, I've found that I am able to use the Active Serum along with a retinoid, but it took a while and my skin is still pretty sensitive (I cannot do strong peels anymore). CPs never bothered me, but I know that some people have had difficulty incorporating them.

Thanks! I will proceed with caution... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I read through scalawaggirl's post. I don't really understand why the scars have to widen before they get better. That would freak me out if I see my stretch marks widen, and I'd probably stop using the cream right away. Anyone else finding the same thing as scalawaggirl?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, apparently the CPs cause all old scar tissue to "rise to the surface" which seems to be part of the remodeling process. Its a case of "it has to get worse before it gets better." If/when you see the scars getting worse, that lets you know the product is working and to keep at it. I don't use CPs (yet!) but have read a bit about them and this is the information I have gleaned from my reading. Also, Scalawaggirl is a wealth of information on the topic ... pretty much our resident expert on CPs.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |