Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How is everyone keeping up with exercising during winter?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having trouble keeping up my exercise routines this winter. I really need to get back to them. Is everyone keeping it up? What do you do to keep on going when it's so cold outside, and you might be feeling a bit under the weather, or your kids are sick, and your job is demanding more of your time, etc?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sort of. Laughing I usually go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, but only went once last week, and 7 times the whole month of Dec. Embarassed
I'll get back to my normal routine soon. At laest I hope to anyway! It's been a pretty lazy 5 weeks. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
It's difficult to get the gym nowadays, especially with the kiddos. I do the turbo jam dvd's which keep me interested. The fat blaster is great b/c it's only 20 minutes. I don't have 2 hrs to spend at the gym. Chalene is also very motivating. TJ is what helped me get ten lbs lighter than I was pre-pregnancy w/in 4 mos of delivery. I also alternate w/Billy Banks Boot Camp to add variety.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing for me to do to stay on track is have a set time I workout. I cant "fit it in" otherwise I'll keep putting it off. I also try to keep in mind that working out reduces my stress level and allows me to have time with my own thoughts, thats incentive enough fro me to do it.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Literally "going" to the gym is about 99% of the battle. If you can just get there, then chances are very good you will get the workout done.

Having said that, Sandy and I go directly to Gold's Gym right after work without going home first. Then, we are forced to get the workout done before we can go home. The other motivating force, at least for us, is that we plan on competing this summer in the Arizona bodybuilding show so we just don't miss any workouts.

I even go when I don't feel well. More often than not, I come out after the workout feeling much better than I went in. If you can make it a "lifestyle" then you find you really hate it when you do miss a workout! And without a doubt, if you keep it up consistently, you will find it is indeed the fountain of youth!

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
oh, I haven't been there for a whole month. shameful.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
haven't done any exercise for the past 6 weeks.
Jan is the month of health and exercise.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been recently diagnosed with two bulding discs, and a third that is completely blown out (with severe spinal canal stenosis). Needless to say, my Bowlflex, treadmill, statioinary bike and total gym are doing nothing more than making great "racks" for hanging laundry and ironing!!! :oops I am going CRAZY not being able to do anything (I lie on the floor on my stomach with my laptop in order to participate on the EDS forum!)...I practically "dream" about being able to engage in physical activity. I'm am quite literally physically down for the count but I just ordered "Leg Magic" from the Canadian Shopping Channel!!!(it is on TSC today!!) It looks like it would do wonders for the inner thighs...Does anyone out there have this machine?
Pudoodles
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I even walked my dog on the treadmill with me for an hour. My little maltese Snowball was able to keep it up even at 4 mph. But I don't often have an hour each evening to do this with him. The two times I did it with him were really late at 1 am and 12 midnight.

I'm going to try and post a picture of Snowball. Let's see if it will work. I have this picture in my yahoo photo albums.

[img]http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bkkgirl_in_ca/album/576460762329204216/photo/294928803406468474/0[/img]

Let's try again.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
well, the picture did not show up. wahhhhhhhh
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I normally make it 2-3 times a week, but this past month... month and half I'd only managed 1x a week. Embarassed

So I am not managing to keep up with exercise at all this winter. Confused
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
My exercise consists of working-casing my mail for a couple of hours and then sitting on my butt the rest of the day Shock Confused Embarassed
Last time I went to the gym it was last summer. I just don't have the energy or the will power anymore.....and its showing. I've gone from 100 pounds give or take to 125 now, give or take. Oh well.
Sometimes I attribute it to my depo shot, just to make me feel better.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Like John, I go on my way home from work and on the weekends very early in the morning so that I can't make excuses during the day. Pick a gym where you have to drive by on your way home! The guilt will make you turn in. I also plan out my work out so that I have a clear plan and know when I have done enough. It also helps to have friends you work out with. When my kids were little, I would get up very early and use my Nordic trac at home before they woke up. That's about the only time you can get uninterrupted work out time.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
It is so ironic reading this right now. I have just returned home from work and have finished eating dinner and thought I would settle in to catch up on my favourite forum. I told myself that I would attend my yoga class this week and even asked my coworkers to help motivate me to go as I had missed them all over the xmas holidays. But it is sooooo cold out now and my meal hasn't sat quite right that I have decided not to go. Part of me feels so guilty for not going but I just can't find the motivation to get there. I keep coming up with tons of excuses that I know are unjustified. Like John says says, getting there is the battle. I know that once I'm there I'll enjoy my class, but I just can't seem to get excited about going. It's awful. I should just get off this damn computer, get dressed and go....... but it's sooooooo cold out. LOL Sad Meh, who am I kidding. I'll go next week. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone has any idea what went wrong with my post with the picture link? I clicked Img, and then pasted a copy of the link from my yahoo album, and no picture showed up.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
OK, how about if Sandy and I invite all of you cold weather people to come down to Arizona and work out with us??!! It's about 65 degrees F and sunny right now.

Now if that isn't motivation, I don't know what is!

Cool

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
John, it was 85 degrees in LA yesterday, and it was HOT in my car, but it got cold at night and in the morning. I take a train to work even though I'm just 4 miles from work so that I would be forced to walk from the train station to work.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
TERRIBLE absolutely terrible. The weather has been so insane here it's almost impossible to get to work much less the gym. Three huge snowstorms and then hurricane force winds yay! More snow tomorrow...I'm just focusing on eating well, so fortunately I haven't put on any weight.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cherisse, when I come over to Los Angeles on business trips I ALWAYS leave time to work out at the original Gold's Gym in Venice Beach. Have you ever been to that one? I try to hit a Gold's Gym wherever I travel, and I've hit many of them including two in Japan. Once again, like I say, if you make it a lifestyle you'll find a way to get it done.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi John,
Were you referring to the Muscle Beach Gym? The one Arnold used to go, or maybe still go? I just walked by that one a couple of times. I don't belong to any gym. I have a treadmill at home, and just bought an ab lounge. I love to sit in it and fall asleep. hehe

Cherisse
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like to exercise outside, so I wait until the temperature is over 60...below 60, I veg. Luckily, the winter in NC has been extremely warm, Saturday is was close to 75!!!!!! I got out and walked/ran 5 miles both Sat and Sunday.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I live in California so its warm all year round mostly. I go to the gym everyday for 1 1/2 hrs plus I walk about 10 miles a day on my job.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing real well, but these last two weeks I've really slacked off.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Literally "going" to the gym is about 99% of the battle. If you can just get there, then chances are very good you will get the workout done.

Having said that, Sandy and I go directly to Gold's Gym right after work without going home first. Then, we are forced to get the workout done before we can go home. The other motivating force, at least for us, is that we plan on competing this summer in the Arizona bodybuilding show so we just don't miss any workouts.

John

My husband and I do the same thing...right after classes end we go to the gym...it's technically on the way home too so, no excuse! We were bad right before holiday break and didn't go a lot. I felt so icky after returning from our trip I went straight to the gym. I promised myself this year would be different (don't I always say that?)

I find it much harder on the weekends to get up and go, but when it's on the way back home from campus, it's much easier. Getting there is half the battle!

John...are you in AZ? I'm in Tucson Smile It's cold here right now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've been missing my cycling. About three months ago my hips began to ache really bad and they still ache if I try to ride the bike... and sometimes even when I don't ride it. Some days are worse than others, and if i have to drive for more than an hour I can hardly get out the car and walk. I don't know what caused it, maybe the stationary bike, but I know that I can't ride it anymore. I REALLY miss it. My energy level is not as high as when I was riding it every day. Sad

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |