Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Does anyone know?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
well, i just wanted to thank you sooo much for all the good advise i have gotten so far about my make-up and so on..and trust me, i am working on it still;)
well, i found i pic of scarlette johansoon(my idol) and i just loved the lip gloss she is wearing..anyone know what brand that is?you can see it in the womens hand thats putting gloss on her, also what is she holding her hand besides gloss?is it blush or this new lip stick???
well, here is the link:
http://www.scarlett-photos.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=69
just click the pic to enlarge!..
well, have a good one you guys!
with love
Mel;)
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 am      Reply with quote
and here is also a pic were she has it on, aint
http://www.scarlett-photos.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=70

she sooo pretty:)

if none of you guys know what the brand's name might be, what would you suggest for another brand similar to that color??..its so naturaly baby-pink with a lovely gloss..but i never seem to find this color some how:(
Mabsy

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Could this be Bobbi Brown? I'm struggling to remember exactly what their packaging looks like. Is that tube squarish or is that just me?

That's a lovely gloss btw. My suggestion for something similar would be MAC Lustreglass in Little VI. The colour swtch online doesn't look anything like this but I remember testing it out in duty free and it looked similar IMO.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
thanx for the advise Mabsy;)i will look into that:)it is also aobvoise that she is wearing a lip stick underneeth it, its such a beautiful pink also, any suggestions about that too?
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Its a pretty color, but I remember the other girls suggested you stay with more warm-toned colors. The pink gloss she is wearing has a bit of a gold sparkle to it, so it might work for you, but you should probably wear it OVER a warm-toned lipstick. I think the other girls also suggested you go with something that has more color to it or that wasn't so light as the color in the photos you posted.

Scarlette's coloring is very different from yours, so what works on her will probably not work on you. She's a fair-skinned, blue-eyed blonde and looks good in those cool/pink-toned colors. Your color needs something with more warm tones. I'm sure you could find a similar gloss but that is peachy/goldy vs. pinky/goldy. Good luck!
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
OMG Mabsy, you are sooooo right and soooo smart!it really is bobbi brown...look:
http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY2796&PRODUCT_ID=PROD10226
and suggestion on the lip stick now gals?
Mabsy

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I actually got it right? Something today went right! Laughing

What makes you say that she's wearing lippie under the gloss? I think it's just gloss, given the colour of her lips in the first shot and also given the colour of the gloss tube. What the makeup artist is holding in her hand looks more like blush - it's too big to be a lippie.

Sorry, no idea on which gloss that actually is.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Looks like it could be the Pink Glitter lip gloss. I clicked on the second picture to get an enlarged one, and i can see gold flecks in the gloss. It looks really pretty on her. Now I wanna get it. Laughing
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
well, its a true fact that you must be really smart with great eyes that see the smallest details;)..
yeah, i think the other round thing is blush too, i just saw another pic of the make-up artist putting that stuff on her cheeks...
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Aww lipglossbaby you made me blush. I am a hound for detail (not a good thing all the time Laughing) but just glad that i could be of help. Thanks for giving me another lemming Rolling Eyes
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
It is the golden beige lip gloss from bobbi brown...
this is what she used on all the models at the mouret show, where these pics are from...

She also used sandy beige, but it looks like golden beige in the tube she's using on scarlett, since sandy beige is much more 'beige' and the tube she is using looks decidely more golden-pink. both shades have pinky-shimmery tones.
Her lipglosses are VERY nicely moisturizing and long wearing; the only thing is that they have a nail-polish-type brush applicator that gets screwed up a bit from taking it in and out of the bottle; you have to be careful with it.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
this is what she used on all the models at the mouret show, where these pics are from...

She also used sandy beige, but it looks like golden beige in the tube she's using on scarlett, since sandy beige is much more 'beige' and the tube she is using looks decidely more golden-pink. both shades have pinky-shimmery tones.
Her lipglosses are VERY nicely moisturizing and long wearing; the only thing is that they have a nail-polish-type brush applicator that gets screwed up a bit from taking it in and out of the bottle; you have to be careful with it.

--avalange

YES
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Yes, I stopped buying BB glosses for this very reason years ago. I always thought it was a bit odd that a product from a make-up artist's line would have such an unpractical applicator/brush.
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you can go to MAC live chat or send one of their makeup artist the pic and they can find a similar shade.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I don't think she's wearing lipstick under the gloss either. It just looks like gloss to me. Really gorgeous color on her. She has such great lips though! I wish..... Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lipglossbaby. Good to see the others haven't scared you away! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no lipgloss, you have started up dollbird's * spam alert * again Laughing

This gloss does look cute. But it must be just me being stupid but whenever I look at the Bobbi Brown counter trust me all I can see is a million varying shades of guess what? BROWN!!! mocha brown, chocolate brown, fudge brown,donkey brown,really brown, brown brown ....All in the same palette man! The only thing I ever wanted was the limited edition pastel eyeshadow shimmer palette (looked really lovely) and couldn't find it anyway! They also did something called beach shimmer - was also gone. But alot of my friends love the line for the office.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe she layered different colours. Confused
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Her lips look more pink than any beige lipgloss though...if you're right, they probably layered it above another pink color. Looking closely at the second pic, looks like the MA is holding BB Pot Rouge in either pink truffle/pale pink/powder pink.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

Her lips look more pink than any beige lipgloss though...if you're right, they probably layered it above another pink color. Looking closely at the second pic, looks like the MA is holding BB Pot Rouge in either pink truffle/pale pink/powder pink.

Wow! Shock You girls are amazing! Its like CSI: EDS around here!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
avalange wrote:

--avalange

That makeup artist is Bobbi Brown herself Smile
I love the color of that gloss too but I couldn't find anything on the BB website called golden beige.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Golden Beige comes as part of BB's new Violet Face palette...doesn't seem to come in a tube (at least not on the website), which is what BB has in her hand, so it probably isn't golden beige that was used on ScarJo.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
the lip gloss in her hand is actually pink glitter, which they dont have anymore, its discontinued..you can only buy it in a tree oack on the bobbi brown web site, which is like 56 bucks or something, and these two diffrent nasty colors come with it...
but, they have it on ebay!!!..and its individualy sold for really cheap!..
i really love ebay, you can find anything there![/i]
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lipgloss,

Have you ever tried Benetint from Benefit? It is a pink natural stain made from roses (so they say anyhoo) and you can use it as well on the cheeks if you choose to. I have recently rediscovered this classic and it looks lovely with a bit of gloss slicked on top. Also great on the cheeks ( one or two dots only blended in quickly) when on the beach or when you do not want to look made up but rosy. I don't normally go for blusher as it tends to look too dollyfaced on me but this one looks quite pretty.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Lipgloss,

Have you ever tried Benetint from Benefit? It is a pink natural stain made from roses (so they say anyhoo) and you can use it as well on the cheeks if you choose to. I have recently rediscovered this classic and it looks lovely with a bit of gloss slicked on top. Also great on the cheeks ( one or two dots only blended in quickly) when on the beach or when you do not want to look made up but rosy. I don't normally go for blusher as it tends to look too dollyfaced on me but this one looks quite pretty.

Wink I love it!!! So sweet! Both for lips and cheeks!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |