Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

which vit c serum is one of the strongest around?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:30 am      Reply with quote
anyone know of a vit c serum to be quite high in percentage and effective?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi zizi - SkinCeuticals Serum 20 AOX contains 20% l-ascorbic acid. I used it last summer because I really like SC CE+Ferulic (15% C). The AOX formulae don't contain Vit.E and so they aren't oily (that's why I used it during warm, humid weather). There's a 15% AOX product too.

Cellex-C Advanced Serum is 17.5% l-ascorbic acid. Since it contains tyrosine, which I've read stimulates melanocyte production, I haven't tried it because I want to fade my freckles.

Some clinical research has said that skin can only benefit from as much as 20% l-ascorbic acid.

And some Vit.C products can not only be drying for some people, they can be irritating as well (redness, itching, rash-like bumps). If you haven't used a C serum before, you may want to try some samples first.

Some members with oily skin really like SkinMedica's Vit.C product (a total combination of 15% C). It's in a light silicone base yet doesn't seem to cause breakouts, even for acne-prone skin.

Tangal posted a long Vit.C primer a couple of months ago that's very informative. It's great -- you may want to check it out. There are lots of C products on the market. Choosing one can be a bit daunting. Good luck!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and really liked SkinCeuticals Vit C.....haven't used it in like a year though. I need to repurchase or I've been thinking about the DIY recipe from CareKate.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals C+E ferulic is supposed to be the most potent antioxidant combi, BUT alot of people break out from the Vit E in this and it's definitely not for sensitive skin.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi there!
Vivier has a 20% l-ascorbic acid serum - it is suspended in a propylene glycol base so it doesn't feel entirely aqueous on the skin...it does have a bit of a "slip" feeling when you put it on...Good stuff though, highly recommend it! Note: stay clear of it if you love the feel of Cellex-C's serum - it doesn't have that feel..
Pudoodles
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Zizi, i think the best way to determine the most effective vit C for you is to order samples. I used skinceuticals CE+ferulic all summer, but my skin can't tolerate it right now. I tried PSF 20% C serum and didn't like the glycerin feeling, but a lot of people here use this serum with great success.
ISC superserum contains 15% l-ascorbic acid, but it irritated for my skin in winter time.
Also, you can try Candy's triple C serum. (www.candessence.com) It's the only C serum I can use. I didn't try skinmedica c though. The only downside for me is the film that it leaves on my skin, but it looks like other users don't experience the same problem.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I think I will try Candys vit c - have been reading Katees wow reviews! Very Happy

You ladies are great, I must say. Knowledgeable and helpful.
pinkheart_5
5% products discount

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
This is the best Vitamin C serum available SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic. This gives 8 times protection from sun and a good anti aging product. Wink

i have acne and been using this, initially you may experience slight breakouts personally i dont breakout and it controlled my acne too.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin with mild breakouts and use the SkinCeuticals C E + Ferulic with no problem. I used to use SkinCeuticals C + AHA, and switched the the CE Ferulic when I heard the antioxidant benefits were even better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
PSF Super Emergen-C Repair Serum (20% Vitamin C)

get it right here at EDS....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I broke out so bad with skinceuticals c and e ferulic 20 percent. I 'wanted' to like it. Just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It was like cystic acne.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of Transderma C? It it new and sounds to be very interesting. They claim not to use water, oil, or alcohol and no preservatives. Some type of glycol carrier is supposed to deliver this deep into the dermis. I cannot find any ingredient list yet for this product, but is sure sounds interesting.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Another vote for Skinceuticals C + E Ferulic Acid serum. Awesome stuff but quite pricey.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |