Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anyone tried Slimquick? I want to lose a few lbs!! Do you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I can't find time to exercise and my tummy is starting to show. waaaahhhh Last night I was at Costco and saw that they got Slimquick with instant rebate of $3, so I thought what a heck! I'll try it. It's $25.99 after rebate. I just wonder if anyone tried this with good results. Or am I wasting my time and money on it? They also sell Relacore, but it's $10 more. If anyone tried it and saw good results, please let me know.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
If you tried any other diet pills that work to combat the belly fat, let me know. Thanks.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
nothing but detox program helped me lose my belly fat. I was on that program for one month, no read meat, no yeast, no diary...but you do have to have strong will to complete.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell me more! I want to know about the detox program. Is it do-it-yourself? Did you take any Detox pills?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
No I didnt take any pills. in the mornings I drink protein shakes which also contain vitamins. for one month I ate no dairy foods, no meat, no white flour, no sugar, and almost no salt. bascially i just ate salad (no dressing, just olive oil only) and chicken (boiled or steamed) and fruits.
in the end i was so surprised that my stomache were supre flat!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
gosh gracedhy, that's an extreme diet! How much weight did you lose?

I'm having shakes and salads at the moment too, but with dressing and not so very strict.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
You made me WEEP just hearing that YOU did not eat any of those things. I definitely don't have that much self-control to do it for one month. I don't know if I can last one day. I just ate a small salad with nothing on it, well, except oriental dressing, but I cut out the cheese and eggs and bacon. Wahhhhhhhh

gracedhy wrote:
No I didnt take any pills. in the mornings I drink protein shakes which also contain vitamins. for one month I ate no dairy foods, no meat, no white flour, no sugar, and almost no salt. bascially i just ate salad (no dressing, just olive oil only) and chicken (boiled or steamed) and fruits.
in the end i was so surprised that my stomache were supre flat!
Confused
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
gosh gracedhy, that's an extreme diet! How much weight did you lose?

I'm having shakes and salads at the moment too, but with dressing and not so very strict.

i lost 7 or 8 pounds, yes my diet was very strict and at that time I was living on my own, which made it easier. my DH was living in another city and he always called that program "crazy". but i don't really care about my weights, sizes are more important, i can wear size 0 at that time. now 2 or 4!!! Confused
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
No way could I give up flour, I'm a breadaholic and also I love my complex carbohydrates so no way could I do what you did gracy. good work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
No way could I give up flour, I'm a breadaholic and also I love my complex carbohydrates so no way could I do what you did gracy. good work!

i love bread too and pizza and pasta!!! actually my natropatheic doctor said i may have yeast overgrowth in my body so it is better to cut my carbo intake. i found it is a big contributor to my fat belly. i did detox at that time for my wedding although doctors said it is good to do in once in a year.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
I can't find time to exercise and my tummy is starting to show. waaaahhhh Last night I was at Costco and saw that they got Slimquick with instant rebate of $3, so I thought what a heck! I'll try it. It's $25.99 after rebate. I just wonder if anyone tried this with good results. Or am I wasting my time and money on it? They also sell Relacore, but it's $10 more. If anyone tried it and saw good results, please let me know.

I tried both with no luck. Relacore did calm my reaction to stress at work but I didn't lose any weight. I've gone back this week to my old tried and true L-Arginine (6 grams a day divided into two doses). Arginine is inexpensive, is great for metabolizing protein (building muscle) and reducing weight where it needs to be reduced. It has the added benefit (read: NEED, in my case) of improving hair & nail growth and promoting healthy, younger-looking skin.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I just looked up L_Arginine, and was pleased to find it will help me sustain an * spam *.

Must get some.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have the FIR sauna, but haven't set it up yet. I know it's great for detox. I wonder if using it regularly would have the same effect as if you were to go on a detox diet? Maybe you could do a moderate detox diet & then do the FIR? There's no way I could follow a strict diet, not that strict anyway.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just a word...I do not recommend any diet pill for weight loss. I've tried several.
They mess with your metabolism and once you go off them, if you don't change your eating habits you gain all the weight you lost.

I lost 20 pounds with one of those pills, only to gain 25 when I went off of them!!!!

There is no quick fix to losing weight, nor does restricting your diet (unless you do it permanently).

How do I know? I had an eating disorder for 11 years.
It takes time and dedication to lose weight in a healthy manner...all the other short cuts just end up biting you in the butt in the end (IMHO).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
I just looked up L_Arginine, and was pleased to find it will help me sustain an * spam *.

Must get some.

I would have absolutely no info on that. rofl

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Try Tonalin CLA I read many reviews that it's good for belly fat. It also makes the skin super smooth. I tried it and it does improve the skin on my body. I did other things to lose weight too so I can't say if the weight loss was directly due to Tonalin.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have Tonalin. I didn't know it helps with skin improvement. I guess I should not view it as an optional vitamin then.

angelina wrote:
Try Tonalin CLA I read many reviews that it's good for belly fat. It also makes the skin super smooth. I tried it and it does improve the skin on my body. I did other things to lose weight too so I can't say if the weight loss was directly due to Tonalin.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhhhh I don't think I need L-Arginine for that purpose. Maybe give it to my bf in 20 years as a b-day present?

catski wrote:

Must get some.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree! I never tried these diet pills before, which is why I guess I feel a little desperate, but am glad I have you guys to kick me in the butt back to reality. I guess I have to take the pills back to Costco.

ParisTroika wrote:
Just a word...I do not recommend any diet pill for weight loss. I've tried several.
They mess with your metabolism and once you go off them, if you don't change your eating habits you gain all the weight you lost.

I lost 20 pounds with one of those pills, only to gain 25 when I went off of them!!!!

There is no quick fix to losing weight, nor does restricting your diet (unless you do it permanently).

How do I know? I had an eating disorder for 11 years.
It takes time and dedication to lose weight in a healthy manner...all the other short cuts just end up biting you in the butt in the end (IMHO).
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
catski wrote:

Must get some.

I would have absolutely no info on that. rofl

Ari

And here I was afraid that Catski's valuable information was going to pass us by with no comment! Glad to see I was wrong! Laughing
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:

Ooh! I've just started trying this about a week and a half ago, I didn't realize there would be skin benefits too!! I'm going to keep an eye out for this. So far I have no idea if the CLA is doing anything but I guess it's too early to tell.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
angelina wrote:

Ooh! I've just started trying this about a week and a half ago, I didn't realize there would be skin benefits too!! I'm going to keep an eye out for this. So far I have no idea if the CLA is doing anything but I guess it's too early to tell.

Maiea, I took the Tonalin and stopped because I couldn't tell if it did anything, but I started it again just to use it up. I hate wasting anything.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Cherisse wrote:
maiea wrote:
angelina wrote:

Maiea, I took the Tonalin and stopped because I couldn't tell if it did anything, but I started it again just to use it up. I hate wasting anything.

Let me know if it does anything for you. So far I haven't been able to see anything, and I'm almost done the bottle.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I find the Tonalin cla? thanks!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse, I just saw some photo's of you on another thread.. you are GORGEOUS.

go eat some cake!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |