Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Magic Stylo semi-permanent pens
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever heard of these? (Yes, I did a search first. Smile)
I found the product at another site, actually, while looking for a source of eyelash tint product available in the U.S.

www.cosmeticpen.com

Anyway, these babies look like the real deal. At only $15USD a pop -- with free shipping for $45 or more -- I figured what the heck. I think I'm going to order one for lips and two for eyes. (Now that I found a U.S. site for RefectoCil lash and brow tint I'm going to pass on the Magic Stylo for brows.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Essentia. This is a great deal. Would you please let me know how it works? I am interested.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
how intriguing. I wonder how long the make up lasts?

Since the permanent make up thread here the other day, I'm seriously hankering to get my lips done.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
catski, i heard it hurts! I got my eyeliners done. Never again! And after it got started, and I felt the pain, I could not tell her to just do one side and not the other!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
was it very excruciating?

are you pleased with the results?
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I sure will report back.

But darn, I just found a seller on eBay who sells 'em for $13.50 USD each, B3G1F *and* free shipping. :(Oh well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
how intriguing. I wonder how long the make up lasts?

The company web site says 8-24 hours. I would imagine towards the 8-hour end for the lip pens to 24-hours for the brow pens, with the eye liner pens somewhere in between.

Also, they mention to put the liner on clean skin, before eyeshadow, brow gel or lip gloss.

Gosh, why haven't we heard about these before???

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Are you interested in the eye or the lip, or both, Essentia?

If you decide to go ahead and purchase, I'd really like to read your review.

I am NOT going to rush and buy them today as I have just bought other stuff that Iread about on here, and I must excercise some self discipline..
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Essentia, these look so cool. Please be sure to give us a review. How very cool! Coleen

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered 2 eye and 1 lip pen: #882 Royal Purple, #723 Espresso Brown (which could double as a brow pen), and #671 Plum Wine.

Naturally, I want Velvet Black and Midnight Blue and Coral and and and ... Smile

What will power? I just dropped $45 on these bad girls, $37 on RefectoCil ]lash and brown tint and $20 on a new Rembrandt Professional White kit. I have no business doing this ... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Catski, for me, it was excruciating because I am not a tough gal. I used to squeak when my dad would swat me "playfully" according to him, but I told him it hurt. Ahhh he stopped swatting me now that I'm in my 30s. Thank goodness. Also thank goodness I am not with a guy who likes to beat women. haha But yes, I am quite a chicken when it comes to needles and such. I used to hate all shots. I still don't love them. Anyway, I had two appointments: one for upper and one for lower lids. The first was for upper, and toward the end, it was becoming so unbearable, I screamed at the technician to stop. She visibly jerked, and told me I should not have done that. I still went back for the lower lids appointment, but now that I think of it, I should not have gone back. I think she stopped too soon with the lines on the lower lids, so I always have to add more liners toward the ends of my permanent lines, so they won't look too weird. Oh for my lower lids, a friend gave me some Vicodin to take an hour before the appointment, and it was much easier to endure.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Essentia, I can totally relate! When it comes to beauty products, I got hardly no self-control. I want everything and want them yesterday. Smile

Essentia wrote:
I just ordered 2 eye and 1 lip pen: #882 Royal Purple, #723 Espresso Brown (which could double as a brow pen), and #671 Plum Wine.

Naturally, I want Velvet Black and Midnight Blue and Coral and and and ... Smile

What will power? I just dropped $45 on these bad girls, $37 on RefectoCil ]lash and brown tint and $20 on a new Rembrandt Professional White kit. I have no business doing this ... Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cherisse you are good at making me laugh!
Well, if I go for a lip tattoo, I will take a BIG painkiller beforehand.

Essentia, lets hope you're goodies arrive sooon and you can tell us all about them.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
catski, I'm glad I could make you laugh! hehe Laughter is great medicine. The only prob I have with it is it creates these laugh lines around my eyes and mouth. I do love to laugh though.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I did order the Magic Stylo in the past, and honestly, didn't work on me. "semi permanent" it's not. Kind of like a pen-style liquid liner.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to see if I could get an update on this product. Thank you.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
These sound interesting. I hope to read a review for them soon. Smile
dread_fairy

Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
catski wrote:

Catski, for me, it was excruciating because I am not a tough gal. I used to squeak when my dad would swat me "playfully" according to him, but I told him it hurt. Ahhh he stopped swatting me now that I'm in my 30s. Thank goodness. Also thank goodness I am not with a guy who likes to beat women. haha But yes, I am quite a chicken when it comes to needles and such. I used to hate all shots. I still don't love them. Anyway, I had two appointments: one for upper and one for lower lids. The first was for upper, and toward the end, it was becoming so unbearable, I screamed at the technician to stop. She visibly jerked, and told me I should not have done that. I still went back for the lower lids appointment, but now that I think of it, I should not have gone back. I think she stopped too soon with the lines on the lower lids, so I always have to add more liners toward the ends of my permanent lines, so they won't look too weird. Oh for my lower lids, a friend gave me some Vicodin to take an hour before the appointment, and it was much easier to endure.

My mom is certified to do permanent make up and so I got my eyeliner done. It was the single most excruciating thing I have ever had done. I got it right on the mucosal(the inner eyelash part close to eyeball) not above or below the lashes like most ppl do. It was terrible, I got it done all at the same time too, no 2 appointments for me.
The reason that your technician stopped early on the lower lids is because if they go all the way to the end then it will hit your tear duct and run a line of color down your cheek under your skin that will be visible forever, she should have told you this. I have seen a pic of someone it happened to because they forced the tech to go all the way, she has to wear coverup over it for the rest of her life.
While my mother was doing it she hit a spot on my eye that felt like it went really deep into my lid and I yelled out and began crying, she also said that I shouldn't have done that Sad meanies. I am also a super sensitive girl and cannot take pain in anyway so about halfway thru I made my BF get me some benedryl as that is the only thing she said I could take. You can get your techy in a lot of trouble for taking any other kind of drug, they can lose their license for doing work on an inebriated costomer. After that it was super bearable but by that time my eyes were so swollen and the pain so bad that we couldn't go on. She said I was the worst person she ever had to do. Being someone who cannot handle pain I asked soooo many questions to ppl who had done this BEFORE getting it done and every last one said 'It was comepletly painless.' I even watched a friend get the same procedure done FIRST and he didn't even flinch! I have no idea why some ppl say its painless, it was excruciating to me. I wouldn't say it was worth the pain, BUT if you can handle pain, it is. I AM glad I got it done, it does look great.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |