Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Anyone appreciate reefmarine aquariums? Pics of mine.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this 14g up for a couple months now (used to have a 125g) and it's looking so pretty, I thought you might like to see it. I will be upgrading to a 25g this month with stronger lighting as I want more room! Jean-Claude is the lone fish inhabitant and he is a little cochon (pig)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow that is so pretty. We had tanks when we were younger, they they were so much work to upkeep.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Wow that is so pretty. We had tanks when we were younger, they they were so much work to upkeep.

Ha! I've got it almost completely automated like my old one. The only thing I do is check on everything (but that's the fun part), dose minerals periodically, feed (of course) and do water changes but that's easy (I'm setting up an auto-saltwater exchanger soon so that will be done, as well). It's a great hobby and I really enjoy all the pretty colors and growing the coral but I like plants, too, so this is very similar to me except they never nipped my hand when I'm working in the tank like Jean-Claude does. He likes to see, if I taste good, it seems. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
oh my...that is so beautiful, hypnotically relaxing. A former friend used to have a huge seawater aquarium in the middle of his studio and it was sooooo much better than TV...
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I want to move in with Jean-Claude! I love all the colors!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Gorgeous!!!! My husband wants a tank so bad. Thank you for sharing.

Winnie
Cowgirlzz
5% products discount

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Your tank is looking really, really good!
I love the assortment of frags and their placement - gorgeous zoos!
What are you running for lights?

CG..... who is reeaaally behind on this week's water change.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
That's wonderful - more pic's please! I used to have salt water tanks in Hawai'i because it was SOOOO much easier than here.

A good friend even had a moray eel in his.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
That's beautiful! I've always wanted a tank, but I don't know if I could commit to the upkeep. I just think they would be so relaxing to watch. I'll bet my kitties would love it too! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing the photo!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! It is soothing, Chocolat! I like it better than TV and hardly watch it anymore. Smile

CG, I have 72w of PCs on this one. I upgraded from the 48w stock w/a DIY kit from nanocustoms.com. Everything's doing really well with this lighting but YOWZA will they be bright with the 150 HQI MH that my new Cadlights will have. It will be awhile before we go full lights, though, I'm going to use screen layers to break them all in very slowly.

Rjez, more pics:

Enjoy!

5% products discount

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Holy macro shots! Shock
Those are stunning pics!!!
Your tank looks really healthy and well cared for - I bet Jean-Claude is one spoiled clown Smile

Thanks for sharing!
CG
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
That is so beautiful! The close-ups are stunning -- they look like they are framed art (or should be!) Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow scalawaggirl, stunning is right! Bedazzling is better!!! You're an artist as well as Marine-life Momma.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Jean-Claude is VERY spoiled! He has the tank to himself for now. I will be getting another peaceful fish at some point but not until the new tank is stable. That's going to be a whole-day job on a Saturday, I'm sure!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I've got to get better at taking pics but the lights make it tough occasionally - it's the clarity that's lacking a bit in some of them and I've been too lazy to REALLY learn my camera in and out. Need to get on that!

Okay, back to my tank. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
What a great hobby. Much respect!

In the movies, aren't clownfish always shown hovering in the long, waving, stinging arms of an anemone? If you get more fish when you expand, maybe Jean-Claude would feel safer and less-stressed if you got an anemone he could hide in?
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Your tank is very beautiful. I also have a reef tank. It is a 100 gallons. I love it, but it is a lot of work.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
What a great hobby. Much respect!

In the movies, aren't clownfish always shown hovering in the long, waving, stinging arms of an anemone? If you get more fish when you expand, maybe Jean-Claude would feel safer and less-stressed if you got an anemone he could hide in?

Mr. Fussy Pants will eventually get a bubble tipped anenome but not until the tank upgrade as the current lighting (while it should work) is a bit low for one - plus, there's no room! He's got zero stress now except which current to swim in. Smile The other fish will be a Tailspot Blenny and they are sweeties so no one will be fighting (except JC, who might get a little fussy about territories but we'll see). However, clownfish don't need an anenome and can happily live without one but it sure is cute seeing them wiggle around in one. Smile

Doba, I miss my 125g for sure. I had that one automated, as well, so it wasn't a lot of work for me. This is similar and I don't mind the water changes because they don't take me more than 15 or so minutes so it's no big deal. On a large tank, that's another story! I'd like a fish room in my next house. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr, forgot to mention that my 2 kitties ignore it! Go figure, they have better things to do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Shock WOW! Just ..... WOW! That is amazing! So beautiful, the colors, and the plants ... I'd LOVE to take a swim in that thing! Move over Jean-Claude!

My first thought on seeing Jean-Claude:

OMG! ITS NEMO!

I like how everyone in your house has a French name. Tres magnifique!

I had a 2 or 3 gallon tank (NOTHING like yours) for my beautiful blue male beta (his name? Sam ... short for Samurai!) and my little cat would get up on the shelf and terrorize that poor fish! He lived about 2-1/2 years, until one day I came home and to my horror, found Samurai floating. I was soooo sad! I'm certain his heart finally gave out with all the fright Slinky gave him!

Yes, much respect to you on your obvious vast knowledge of fish and tanks and lighting ... oh my! Post more pics when you can!
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ok scalawaggirl I have to ask, what kind of camera you are using? I have seen some of your face closeups and now these aquarium closeups have me very curious. My stinky camera is good for basic stuff..but I can't get it do anything like what your doing. I tried to take a good photo (micro focus and all) of my moms face after she had botox but the flash just blurs all the detail out Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing Scalawaggirl! Your fish must be the luckiest fish in the world. Wish i had that nice of a pimped out habitat Neutral
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Your tank is fantastic and you should be congratulated. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment from it.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:14 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Smile Jean-Claude is VERY spoiled! He has the tank to himself for now. I will be getting another peaceful fish at some point but not until the new tank is stable.

LOL, my clown was an "only child" for 2 years in my nano. I figured she would try and maim anything new that was added. A year and a half ago, I carefully introduced a much smaller clown, for a mate, and it was too funny to watch. Instead of beating up the poor terrified newcomer, she spent hours trying to coax him into her anemone. Now they're the best of friends (but still no eggs...)

CG
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl - NEMO! That's so funny and the first thing people think that are not into aquariums. Smile I thought the movie was very cute. Interesting you mention your beta, Sam, that was the first real fish I had, too! They are beautiful and don't feel bad about the cat terrorizing it (well, it probably was terrorized) but they don't have a long life expectancy, anyway. I think 2 years is tops so he had the best of his time here in his 3 gallon palace (they live in puddles).

Sundew - these pics are with my Canon Rebel XT (high end camera) and the face ones are with my Canon Powershot S500 (not expensive and takes great macros but not powerful enough for my tank). HTH.

Dollbird and Bushy - Thanks, ladies! It really is ridiculous the amount of time I spend looking at each individual coral and JC. You can actually spot changes quickly when you've stared at the tank for hours and hours...

CG - I'm contemplating another clown as well as the Tailspot. My local reef guy has a female onyx clown in a prop tank (baby pool) and she will "porpoise" when he comes around - she is so friendly and cute. I'd love to have her but they get too big - wonderful fish with a huge personality!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
OMG those pictures are gorgeous. I would love to get a new camera that did such a job capturing detail. Nice job scalawaggirl.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |