Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

London Experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
AR

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
For the past six months I have been lucky enough to experience the many sides of London England.
My trip started off with a summer semester at Central Saint Martin's. Through there I build many connections in the art and business world which has been of invaluable help. I not only learned a great deal but met very famous art collectors who later offered me a job as their personal assistant during the difficult move for them going from London to Geneva.
Everyday I was lucky enough to be surrounded by the most famous of famous paintings and supervising the packing procedures to make sure all goes smoothly.
Throughout the duration of my being there I have become more cultured and learned on art and music thanks to their life style that I was privileged enough to experience.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you are enjoying your trip. I lived in London for many years, and only after I left did I realise that I had hardly visited any of the famous monuments and galleries there!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely hated London during my day there, so busy and noisy! However, I truly love it now. There are so many beautiful buildings and so much wonderful art to suit all tastes. I'm also a big history buff.

It's definitely one of the few cities in the world that I think everyone should have the chance to visit at least once in their lifetime.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Is Heathrow Airport in London? My mom says that Heathrow is like a city in itself!!
Pudoodles
Moocheez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Yep, Heathrow is in London, or very close.

London is one of my favorite cities in the world. The advantage for me is that I can speak the language. I love Paris and Firenze (Florence) too, but I don't speak French well, and Italian even worse. Rolling Eyes
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Welcome AR, I live in England and feel that it is probably better to see London as a visitor or tourist, you have probably seen more in your 6 months than I have in a lifetime.I go to London to shop in Harrods and Selfridges and then come home, always meaning to visit the Tower of London etc etc..
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I left so many memories in London, My ex-boyfriend still lives in London. It is a beautiful and loyal city, i always want to go back but my DH knows my story over there and everytime i mentioned london he gave me wierd look! Rolling Eyes
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I've only been to London once & absolutely LOVED it! My sister & I enjoyed so much wonderful theater, museums, and sights. Oh, you're so fortunate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi AR and welcome! It sounds llike you've had a totally enriching experience. God, how I love London! Dare I say as an American that I love it more than Manhattan, which ain't too shabby itself? Someone recently told me it's thought of as a city of villages. I love how so many buildings in the center of town are much more human-scale than in NY. I have friends who visit at least twice a year and I'm so envious. That the Channel Tunnel can connect the region with Paris so [relatively] quickly makes it even better.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
AR,

Happy that you are enjoying your stay in London. Unseasonally mild temperatures must be helping I hope! I have lived in London most of my adult life after going to university in the UK and at first it was just another stressful city but now I adore it. There is so much to see and experience as London does not lay itself out like a panorama. It asks to be discovered through all the crazy little lanes and small streets. Do visit the Tower of London and get an audioguide - well worth it. Almost all museums are free. How cool is that?
Aside from towns and cities in Italy, I think there are fewer cities as beautiful and edgy as London; esp at night. It has a cool vibe about it difficult to find elsewhere. Do take a walk along waterloo at night and you'll see what I mean. Forgive me parisiennes but though most of my friends love Paris, it does not get to me emotionally. The last time I went at Easter I was sad to find the streets not very clean. I did enjoy Montmatre and the Sacre Coeur though as well as the Notredame. Wow the latter was exquisite and I fell in love with the goth interior. I have promised mysef this year to see more of America and Canada though. I have only been to the main cities but never explored! I want to see Niagara Falls.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi AR and welcome! It sounds llike you've had a totally enriching experience. God, how I love London! Dare I say as an American that I love it more than Manhattan, which ain't too shabby itself? Someone recently told me it's thought of as a city of villages. I love how so many buildings in the center of town are much more human-scale than in NY. I have friends who visit at least twice a year and I'm so envious. That the Channel Tunnel can connect the region with Paris so [relatively] quickly makes it even better.

I got a stiff neck in Manhattan, looking up at all the amazingly high buildings. It all seemed so completely alien to me. Again, I hated New York on my first day there, but grew to adore it.

As for museums in London, my two favourites are the Natural History Museum - the old building is incredibly beautiful, inside and out, and the V&A - full of amazing treasures.

The Tower of London is such fun, with a Beefeater hamming it up to tell you lots of true and bloodthirsty tales.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
AR,

Happy that you are enjoying your stay in London. Unseasonally mild temperatures must be helping I hope! I have lived in London most of my adult life after going to university in the UK and at first it was just another stressful city but now I adore it. There is so much to see and experience as London does not lay itself out like a panorama. It asks to be discovered through all the crazy little lanes and small streets. Do visit the Tower of London and get an audioguide - well worth it. Almost all museums are free. How cool is that?
Aside from towns and cities in Italy, I think there are fewer cities as beautiful and edgy as London; esp at night. It has a cool vibe about it difficult to find elsewhere. Do take a walk along waterloo at night and you'll see what I mean. Forgive me parisiennes but though most of my friends love Paris, it does not get to me emotionally. The last time I went at Easter I was sad to find the streets not very clean. I did enjoy Montmatre and the Sacre Coeur though as well as the Notredame. Wow the latter was exquisite and I fell in love with the goth interior. I have promised mysef this year to see more of America and Canada though. I have only been to the main cities but never explored! I want to see Niagara Falls.

blacklace,after you've seen London and Paris and Italy (I agree with you, most beautiful country in the world), i am not sure you can discover much out of Canada. I was rather disapponted at Niagara Falls when I fisrt visited it. it was just too far away from my imagination.
but I do love Western Canada, Banff National Park and the rocky mountain are so breathtakingly gorgeous. discovering wild animals there is very fun too!
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Grace,

I love traveling and experiencing new cultures..so far India has been the most extreme..exactly as described love/hate over the year I was there but a place I think everyone should visit at least once. India has a way of teaching us something about ourselves.I don't know much about Canada except Toronto but I would like to see Vancouver and the beautiful mountains and lakes. Don't ask me why but I have this huckleberryfinn-esque vision of catching fish and cooking them on the river..I knew huck finn was not canadian but it just looks like that to me in the pictures. I am half Italian so a bit biased but few places in Europe as lovely as Sicily, Rome, Venice, Florence plus the food is divine. A hard choice between Italy and the Caribbean for holidays where my folks live now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I lived in England for a good 6 years, and just adored London although everyone said it's gloomy and depressing (because of the weather, mainly). I loved the buildings, the busy streets, the umbrellas that went up most all the time,Covent Garden,Sloane Street,Hyde Park, Notting Hill oh, everything about the city is so romantic to me!

I haven't been back in a very long while, but I hope to soon enough! Smile
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
London is amazing. If you have a chance to visit, do it. A dear friend of mine is moving there soon so now I will have even more reasons to visit, not to mention a place to stay.

London is calling... Smile
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
SO happy!!
I've been in this city for four years.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:46 am      Reply with quote
ooh, I like this thread! Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner, that I love London so...
vani
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Wow..

It's really great to see that people do love london! I've been living her for more than 6 years:)

Enjoy life at london so much!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
BTW! My last post is the first line of a famous London song (which is always sung by the Pearly Kings and Queens)..

just realised it may well make no sense at all to a lot of you who have never heard it!!

This is it-

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner,
That I love London so.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I think of her wherever I go.

I get a funny feeling inside of me
Just walking up and down.
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London Town.

http://ingeb.org/songs/maybeits.html And this link has the melody of the song! It's very poignant to most Londoners, I believe. It'as an anthem and a cultural icon.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |