Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

pale girl make up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I am really pale (Mac nc20 is a good summer colour for me) and have a hard time finding make up that suits me. Every imperfection show on my skin, a tiny red bump light up my face. Finding foundations, concealers light enough is difficult. I am probably not the only one, so I thought we maybe could share experiences and tips. Very Happy

Which brands have nice PPP make up? And any good tips on how to hide imperfections? I have a kanebo concealer brush, the colour is close to my skintone, but too light to actually cover red marks. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Schnee! I know what you mean--- when you're pale, every single bump or blemish is basically like having a siren on your face!!! I hate it!! Mad Actually, I'm probably even paler than you--- MAC NC20 basically looks like bronzer on me. Unfortunately with concealers and foundations I always had to make do with what I could get since color selection for me is so limited, so before I usually wore L'Oreal Air Wear powder foundation and L'Oreal Air Wear concealer--- the only two drugstore products I could find that were light enough for me. (There's also an Almay translucent powder that goes on light enough, but then it turns orange... Confused ) Anyway, I went through a really bad skin period some months back and needed more coverage, so that's when I took the plunge and started trying out different Mineral Make up lines. What a difference! There are so many Mineral Make up lines out there that have products for fair-skinned people! Everyday Minerals was nice (and the samples were free), but their lightest colors were still just a hint too dark for me (so they might be ok for you). Luckily, I stumbled onto Alima, and they have the best color selection under the sun. I actually had them custom mix a foundation for me (W-0 and C-0), which they did for no extra charge, and now for the first time in my life I actually have a foundation that's a perfect match for my skintone. The converage is great too--- I stopped using the drugstore stuff all together, and now if I have a breakout I just dip a concealer brush in my mineral makeup and dab it on--- it even helps the blemish heal. So, if you're struggling with coverage or color selection, you might want to go ahead and take the plunge into mineral make up. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree for coverage mineral makeup is the best. I have used amoraleigh (which will custom blend too) and currently I'm using Bare Essentials which I love. I am very pale but warm so most foundations are too pink for me...as far as drug store brands I just bought the Covergirl Advanced Radiance (the one that says it makes you look well rested) and the lightest shade is a great match for me (I'm NW20). I just ordered the Lauren Hutton Makeup disk so I'll let you know how that goes but you can never go wrong with mineral makeup. I love it.

I agree with manslayerliz...when I get a blemish I dab the mineral makeup on it...and go to bed...it really helps it heal.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm an NC20 too. I've been using mineral makeup and I think that it gives the best coverage. Valerie Beauty has a Cover Deluxe formula that is beautiful. I use Linen and if I have more redness to tone down, I add some Bisque 1 to it.
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm really tempted to try Alima even though I haven't had luck with MMU in the past (not because of color though). I'm really pale too and thought Prescriptives might be a good place to go:
-1st time: I'm told I have yellow undertones and buy the foundation in Ecru and it turns bright orange on me.
-2nd time: Returned the foundation and then I'm told I have Blue/Red undertones and buy their concealor in Cool level 1 (which actually kind of works)
-3rd time: I'm told I have Red/Orange and they give me a sample of Vanilla...end up with an ugly yellow makeup line.

lol I'm one trip away from them telling me I have red undertones Rolling Eyes

Schnee, If you find anything let me know. I have some Laura Geller Phenomenal Foundation in Fair on it's way and I will let you know how that goes.

My Holy Grail foundation was Reflect.com's Full Coverage foundation...it came w/ foundation in a pump and a compact powder...didn't break me out..didn't look cakey but covered every imperfection like a dream...IT WAS PERFECT...lolz I almost want to cry at the thought that they shut down Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
I'm really tempted to try Alima even though I haven't had luck with MMU in the past (not because of color though). I'm really pale too and thought Prescriptives might be a good place to go:
-1st time: I'm told I have yellow undertones and buy the foundation in Ecru and it turns bright orange on me.
-2nd time: Returned the foundation and then I'm told I have Blue/Red undertones and buy their concealor in Cool level 1 (which actually kind of works)
-3rd time: I'm told I have Red/Orange and they give me a sample of Vanilla...end up with an ugly yellow makeup line.

lol I'm one trip away from them telling me I have red undertones Rolling Eyes

Schnee, If you find anything let me know. I have some Laura Geller Phenomenal Foundation in Fair on it's way and I will let you know how that goes.

My Holy Grail foundation was Reflect.com's Full Coverage foundation...it came w/ foundation in a pump and a compact powder...didn't break me out..didn't look cakey but covered every imperfection like a dream...IT WAS PERFECT...lolz I almost want to cry at the thought that they shut down Smile

Sundew, I think you would really like Alima--- I've tried more Mineral Makeups than I can count, and it's the only one I'm actually thrilled with.

As for Prescriptives, after hearing all about their fancy-schmancy color-match cycstem I thought I would go, but just like you I didn't get matched at all--- I think their colors are awful! They told me that I was red/orange and gave me a sample of Vanilla and it was soooo orange on me, ugh!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad I am not the only one! Very Happy

I've Bare Escentual in 1 fair, but now my skin is dry because of the low humidity here so MMu doesn't work well. Think I need something more creamy that won't show up dry spots.

Foundationcolours are normally too dark or yellowtoned. Why do the SA ALWAYS give me too dark foundation that end up turning me orange? Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I have the same skintone very pale and I have tiny thread veins on my sensitive cheeks from using harsh products. I now use Dior skinflash (002) backstage makeup (radiance booster pen) and even without makeup it really covers the veins a few red spots. I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturier spf 20 nude colour and a bit of blush at night. I am sure there are lots of make up that would suit but the Dior I would not be without. I am Irish so we have very fair skintones
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all you fellow fair ladies. What blush do you love? I'm always searching.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation has great coverage and they have shades even lighter than I needed so they probably have a color for you.

Blush...I love Bobbi Brown in pale pink. IT looks really bright in the pot but when it goes on it is really natural looking and it stays put.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:

I've always struggled to find a good blush for me, but recently it's like I've won the blush lottery!! I recently discovered Bourjois' Lune D'Or (pinky beige with gold shimmer), and Sugar Rose, Dianthus, Peony, and Guava, all from Alima. Sugar Rose and Peony are very similar to Lune D'Or, kinda beigy pinks, very neutral. Dianthus is more rosy with gold highlights, and Guava is peachy. They are all so gorgeous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Try samples from a few mmu companies. I love Alima's blushes, but am AMAZED by Lumiere's Veena Velvet foundation. Val's is great, too, and J Lynne's and Alpha Skin Care have wonderful pale foundations, with wonderful coverage, too.

Go to Mineral Makeup Mania on Delphi Forums and look at their Start Page. There are SO many mmu companies now -- and many are run as one-woman shows. So the CS and custom treatments are exceptional.

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am super duper pale - I like Aromaleigh Mineral Makeup :

http://www.aromaleigh.com/glissade.html

I use Glissade in 00 Alabaster and in winter I can even mix in some 'ghost' which is pure white!

They also do a lovely finishing powder (Divine Luminesce) the cherub is beautiful on pale skins:

http://www.aromaleigh.com/ludifipocoso.html

If you're not quite as pale as me then they do a huge range of other shades and two finishes so there is bound to be one that suits you (the glissade is great on dry skin I found BE showed up and patchy or flaky areas (apart from being way too dark for me)and was too shiny - only thing is not sure where you are but check where they ship to - they don't ship to Europe (you would have to get it shipped to someone in the US then forwarded to you).

HTH's

Very Happy

Edited to add - just spotted you are in Switzerland - sorry - must learn to read everything properly!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that's the biggest problem with a lot of MMUs. They don't always ship to Europe. And I have issues with leaving any type of credit card information on "unknown" sites.. (yes, I can always use PayPal.. Laughing ).

Blushes and bronzers are also difficult, since they often are too pigmentet and leave me looking like a clown. I will check out some of Manslayerliz' suggestions.

Anyone know of a nice tinted moisturiser for pale girls? So far all i found have been too dark/yellow/orange/red...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier do a bronzer specifically for lighter skins.
Iam a LLL and absoltely love my Armani Sheer Blush - it makes my skin glow.
I tried lots of bronzers and they just looked dirty on me - using the Armani I have no need for bronzer now.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I loved Armani blush #1 . Sadly, it's been discontinued. I'm not as fond of #2. I can't pull off the bronzer but it looks great on my fair skinned sister.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
schnee - I'm with you. Mac's NC-15 turns orange on me! It's nice enough when I first apply it, but after a few hours it mixes in with facial oils and stuff and becomes orange. I have yet to find a foundation that would suit my skin.

The only thing I can suggest is the same as me - use a tiny bit of concealer on the areas you need to hide, and I dust some translucent face powder on top.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Today I had a BAD shopping day. I was looking for some make up because I feel so washed out, but everything is too pigmented, too yellow/dark/red. Very annoyed, I so much wanted to find a nice tinted moisturiser. Confused

manslayerliz wrote:
I recently discovered Bourjois' Lune D'Or (pinky beige with gold shimmer), and Sugar Rose, Dianthus, Peony, and Guava, all from Alima.

I had a look at the Bourjois blush today, but it is too much shimmer for my taste. Are the ones from Alima equally shimmery?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
Today I had a BAD shopping day. I was looking for some make up because I feel so washed out, but everything is too pigmented, too yellow/dark/red. Very annoyed, I so much wanted to find a nice tinted moisturiser. Confused

manslayerliz wrote:
I recently discovered Bourjois' Lune D'Or (pinky beige with gold shimmer), and Sugar Rose, Dianthus, Peony, and Guava, all from Alima.

I had a look at the Bourjois blush today, but it is too much shimmer for my taste. Are the ones from Alima equally shimmery?

Hi Schnee! Unfortunately yes, all of the Alima blushes I mentioned are shimmery too--- I seem to prefer shimmery blushes to matte blushes. However, Alima also has some gorgeous matte blushes for fair ladies. I've only tried "Pink" so far (it's a neutral, matte pink), but it was really nice!! You also might like raspberry and honey rose--- both matte as well. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
a good non-shimmer but non-matte blush (it's sort of a "dewy" finish) is the Tarte stick in Dollface. It's very very pale and subtle and is my winter blush. Goes on very sheer and pretty and can be layered up a bit. I find it a lot more natural looking than powder blushes.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:

Hi cward Very Happy
I'm ridiculously fair....My total fave blushes right now are Laura Geller's "Bronze and Brighten" compact and "Cheeky Pop's" duo blush in "sunset" (which is very girly and gorgeous)..The Laura Geller Bronze and Brighten was a total surprise for me...I was expecting to hate it...but it is the only bronzing-type product that doesn't make my porcelain skin look dirty! I would NEVER be without it - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! My skin tone is a real pain in the butt to match...the Bare Escentuals Fair 1.0 is too dark for me...I'm using Amazing Cosmetics mineral foundation powder in Ultra Light (when I use minerals)...which is just about perfect...(some days it looks a bit too dark for some reason)but it is the closest match yet!
Puds
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pudoodles! I've never heard of Laura Geller, so thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to do an internet search. Thanks for the recommendation! Coleen

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi Pudoodles! I've never heard of Laura Geller, so thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to do an internet search. Thanks for the recommendation! Coleen

Hello! Very Happy Laura Geller gets the boot more often than not Embarassed - it seems that people really like her stuff or hate it...I love her spackle primer in the summer but it is too drying for me in the winter...lots of people hate it, period! Embarassed I love her caulk pencil as well - it is has a lovely texture and she has really light shades as well -suitable for all the porcelain dollies out there Wink...Her eye and lip primer duo is lovely as well!
Puds
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Hi Schnee! Unfortunately yes, all of the Alima blushes I mentioned are shimmery too--- I seem to prefer shimmery blushes to matte blushes. However, Alima also has some gorgeous matte blushes for fair ladies. I've only tried "Pink" so far (it's a neutral, matte pink), but it was really nice!! You also might like raspberry and honey rose--- both matte as well. HTH!

Thanks! I've been thinking about ordering some Alima samples and now I think I just have to. Just have to figure out what foundation shade to try out. I think I like neutral shades best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
Well, that's the biggest problem with a lot of MMUs. They don't always ship to Europe. And I have issues with leaving any type of credit card information on "unknown" sites.. (yes, I can always use PayPal.. Laughing ).

Blushes and bronzers are also difficult, since they often are too pigmentet and leave me looking like a clown. I will check out some of Manslayerliz' suggestions.

Anyone know of a nice tinted moisturiser for pale girls? So far all i found have been too dark/yellow/orange/red...

Schnee,

Becca and MD Formulations have TMs that are lovely consistency and that come in a very wide range of colors, including thos for pale skins.
--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |