Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Blotchy/uneven skin on chest & back due to past acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey you all, haven't posted in a while...

My main concern these days is the skin on my chest and back. I had SEVERE acne in this region for years (ages 14 until recently, and I'm almost 26). To make matters worse, I didn't treat it well: I routinely picked at it and/or tried to use the sun to clear it up.

Right now I'm in a position where I'm very self-conscious of this skin and it affects what I wear and even my sex life. I've got scarring (both white circles with no pigment, and the more traditional brownish acne scars) as well as an uneven, rough texture. The acne is FAIRLY under control due to prescription meds, but still get the occasional zits.

Over the past three months I've been attacking the area with glycolic acid and I think I might have gotten a little overzealous, because the skin right now is fairly red and irritated -- and I can't seem to get rid of that.

To end this novel, my goals are:
1) get rid of the current redness/irritation from the overuse of glycolic
2) smooth out the skin
3) reduce scarring

I would love to be able to wear a bathing suit this summer without shame. If anyone can guide me in the right direction or give me advice, I would certainly love to hear it. What direction should I head: microdermabrasian? A more reasonable use of glycolic?

Thanks!
Janis
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, definitely a more reasonable use of glycolic. I think you already know this.

I had this problem at one time and the BEST thing for it was Garden Botanika's Skin Renewing Body Lotion. They are having their semi-annual Stock Up sale and I got some more -- 17 oz for $20 or some such.

This lotion made all the difference in my skin, with licorice and bilberry and all sorts of "faders and eveners." Amazing.

No dermabrasion on you chest (skin too thin). Try the lotion. And patience. You'll be pleased. :->

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Janis,
Check out this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18387&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=back+acne+help&start=50

I had bacne before as well and the Head and Shoulders shampoo cleared it right up- no more occasional zits, and what I had previoulsy is gone.
Plus I have noticed that with continued use, my acne marks are getting lighter and lighter.

I previoulsy had glycolic acid peels done-no help.

I use an exfoliating brush, and put the H&S on there and then lather it on my back. I thought the brush might be too abrasive at first and flare up the acne but it works great- it really makes my back nice and smooth (got it at walmart).

HTH
CG
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Janis, I know how you feel Sad

When I was in my early teens, my chest and back was constantly covered with either zits, congested skin, sebum plugs, even BIGGER zits, or remnants of their existence. I couldn't even wear low cut shirts because my skin was riddled with spots up to my collar bone!!

Only in the past 1.5 years or so has my chest cleared up completely, and my back has the occasional big zit. But certain products really worsen the problem - such as high % vitamin C serums..

I also never took the initiative to do simple things like exfoliate regularly with pure products ('regular' scrubs may contain pore clogging ingredients) or to apply products to hasten the skin turn over.. thus many of the dark spots on my back still remain.

My advice from experience -
1. exfoliate with microdermabrasion crystals (epidermx II, or pure crystals) on a VERY regular basis - but I think professional spa treatments may be too rough on your already sensitised skin right now
2. do a thick clay mask on chest/back 2-3 times a week, and rinse clean
3. PSF O2 serum
4. wash chest/back everyday with non-film-forming cleanser (no oils, or soaps)
5. use a simple glycerin/water emulsion to help keep the area hydrated, don't dry it out

The chest and back skin is much more resilient than the face, but do take care to not over-treat the area.

HTH
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |