Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What can I use for a blemish near the eye?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, sorry that my recent posts in this forum have not been the most glamorous. First I had an allergic reaction and now I have a hard lump of a blemish just above the inner corner of my eye. I need to use something which can bring it to the surface as it is getting a bit uncomfortable, but what could I use so near the eye? Thanks for any advice - I don't get this kind of blemish often, so I don't have much of an idea about products...
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Tea tree oil! I'm kidding...
I'm trying to think of the most non-stinging acne med i've used...and short of prescription topical antibiotic (sulfacet R), i can only think of Earth to Body clay-neem treatment. The area around eyes is a tricky one and i think the clay-neem treatment is the most gentle yet effective treatment i've tried.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...the only thing I can think about is Jurlique's Deep Penetrating Cream Mask. It is a mask that can be applied to the eye area. It is pretty healing and can draw the acne out.

Or, Dr. H's Rejuvenating Mask, its a good exfoliant to treat the acne.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dollbird and Wildcat, I can feel this blemish growing minute by minute... Maybe some sort of clay based treatment could work...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
In the future, try to avoid wearing eye cream too close to the eye and don't apply a lot.

I will come to surface, it just might take a very long time. Maybe see your Dermo.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'd go the hot washcloth compress route a few times a day....I'd be wary of putting anything intended for blemishes near the eye because (at least for me) that skin is "burned" by cosmetics so easily -- as in it gets so red and irritated.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had, well, what I thought was a blemish right near the inner corner of my eye. Turns out it was an infected pore or duct of some sort...ended up having to put antibiotic eye ointment on it from the doctor.

I do agree with waffle, a warm compress...maybe not anything "chemical" quite yet...as it is so close to your eye.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just be careful, I had one not too long ago and I couldn't keep my hands off of it. So I got a big red zit for a long time. Crying or Very sad
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would try PSF 02 Serum. First of all the serum is fantastic for blemishes - clears them up like magic. Secondly, I have used the 02 serum all around my eye area with no irritation and I have extremely sensitive skin. There was no burning - nothing. The 02 Serum is powerful for blemishes, but gentle on the skin. Oh, I have sensitive skin too, and have had no problems with this product.
K8

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
The blemish is probably milia, it's hardened sebum, which is the oil our skin produces, it becomes trapped under the dead layers of skin, is it white and hard? they are caused (often) from overuse of an eye cream that may be too heavy for you, the only successful way to get rid of them is by extracting them, I wouldn't suggest you do this yourself but go to a salon and ask their advice (they may or may not do, depending on how close to your eye). The warm washer will help to soften it but won't bring it out.. Crying or Very sad Please don't do this yourself as you could give yourself a black eye!!
Good luck
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |