Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Can any one recommend a powder foundation for light/med skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 2:40 am      Reply with quote
I really have a hard time with liquid foundation, as i look to made up and i cant stand lookinng like i have a ton of makeup on Crying or Very sad

Can any one recommend a good powder foundation that will give a light natural looking finish but will still cover up all those nastys Shock

(I think there's probably no such thing!! knowing my luck) Embarassed

I need your advise guys so can you help Anxious
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 3:45 am      Reply with quote
It really depends on your skintype, but a few I can recommend, are:

*MAC Studiofix
*Christian Dior Diorskin Compact
*Shiseido Powdery Foundation
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!

Ive got a mixture of dry and oily skin, i love a lot of the dior products so i might have to give that one ago Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2004 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I second the MAC StudioFix....
mlmaier
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2004 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'd try Jane Iredale. I had the cosmetician put some on after my first microdermabrasion treatment, and my skin looked wonderful. I don't wear liquid foundation either. No matter which one I try, in about 2 hours I just can't wait to get it off my face.

monica
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 12:01 am      Reply with quote
That advise sounds good guys, but its so hard trying to choose the right colour! That the bit i always get wrong and end up spending a ton of money on Confused
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Giorgio Armani one is nice. I used to use StudioFix but in the end I found it too flat looking on me (and too powdery if I wasn't careful). You can also look into the mineral powder foundations like Jane Iredale and Bare Minerals as well.

Picking a colour online is always hard unfortunately, you might want to try to get some samples. What foundation (brand and shade) are you currently using?
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy Exclamation

Im currently mixing two! I use a brand called No 7 medium loose powder (UK brand) and the bourjois compact powder in Sable.

Im not quite sure what kind of skin tone i have? i think i have a yellow undertone, but i always look washed out and tired! Crying or Very sad

I am a dark brunett and when summer comes i can tan quite well Razz
sammy
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2004 10:46 am      Reply with quote
YOU WANT TO NO THE BEST POWDER FOUNDATION ITS CALLED BARE ESCENTUALS MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION IT SUITS ALL SKIN TYPES AND EVERY COLOUR SKIN .ITS ALL NATURAL AND UNLIKE MOST POWDERS IT DOESNT CONTAIN TALC SO YOU DONT GET THAT CRAPING EFFECT U WOULD NORMALLY GET OTHERWISE. ALSO ALTHOUGH THE POTS MAY SEEM SMALL BELIEVE ME U ONLY NEED A TINY AMOUNT ON THE BRUSH ITS A REAL MIRACLE MAKE UP TRUST YOU WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER AGAIN Very Happy
sammy
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2004 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Becz21 wrote:
I really have a hard time with liquid foundation, as i look to made up and i cant stand lookinng like i have a ton of makeup on Crying or Very sad

Can any one recommend a good powder foundation that will give a light natural looking finish but will still cover up all those nastys Shock

(I think there's probably no such thing!! knowing my luck) Embarassed

I need your advise guys so can you help Anxious
(GO WITH BARE ESCENTUALS MINERAL FOUNDATION YOU WILL BE PLEASED BEC)
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sammy!

Im a bit worried about that brand though as ive had mixed reviews Crying or Very sad

Ive heard that the application is hard. Do you have any other products apart from the foundation Question

Becz Razz
sammy
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2004 11:27 am      Reply with quote
i was reading some of the reviews about bare escentuals i would recomend get the kit you get the lot with it you sound like you have the same skin as me and i got the kit in medium honestly its qaulity syuff ive also got the jane iredale liquid mineral that is also a good one but if youre gonna use daily it realy doesnt last that long i got the golden glow in that i just thought it gave a slight powdery look although it does make your skin look good aswell Very Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Becz21,
If you have set a big budget this time, may I suggest La Prairie Cellular Powder Finish SPF 10. It's about $65. US for 14.2g ptd. To me it's the most natural looking powder foundation ever made. I was given one of my mom's left over and I love it. Mom uses it wet but I use it dry ( I have oilier skin) for the whole face including the eye areas. It's so quick to put it on your skin using the sponge. For those unsightly spots I just use my concealer brush to dab one extra layer on them and surprisingly it stays for a long time. To choose the right shade, however, you have to sample it right at the counter. It's quite tricky to choose a right shade for you and because the hefty price tag, you don't want to make a mistake. But you will love it and it lasts you for a long time. May be you can have some left over to give your kid ( just kidding!) like my mom did! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mabsy

Wed May 26, 2004 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Becz - bummer I was hoping that I could recommend a shade for you based on what you are currently using but I'm not familiar with the shades in those two lines you listed Laughing Oh well, that's that idea.

In terms of Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale, you can contact EDS directly and see if they will send you out a sample of it that you can try before commiting to the purchase. Bare Minerals do last a long time and they are not that hard to learn how to apply, but it does take a bit of practice (or at least it did for me - maybe I'm just a clutz! Laughing ).

Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |