Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

products to lift eyelids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I realize I'm going to open up a can of worms here...

Are there recommendations for products which will help with eyelid lift? I'm starting to show a tiny bit of a "hooded" eyelid and was hoping to correct the problem.

I have in the past tried DMAE and copper peptides and my skin around the eyes just reacts badly to them, even in the tiniest quantities.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I would have recommended DMAE but since your skin doesn't respond well to it, I'd HIGHLY recommend Decleor's Hydro-Tenseur for the eyes. It is pretty much an aqueous solution that comes in a pump bottle. It isn't oily at all...I have pretty sensitive eyes and I have absolutely no problem at all...and it DOES give a lifting action to the eyelids...there is no doubt of that in my mind...Another one that I haven't tried but have heard RAVE reviews about (in terms of being a great eyelid lifter) is the PSF Cranberry Eye Lift (I THINK that is what it is called - it's the cranberry eye stuff - it is on EDS under PSF - you can't miss it!)
HTH Pudoodles
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, I'll look into the Decelor product!

I forgot to mention I have tried the cranberry eye gel from PSF and absolutely love it. It gives me a nice open-eye look, the only problem I have is it doesn't seem moisturizing enough now that it is drier in the winter.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
I realize I'm going to open up a can of worms here...

Are there recommendations for products which will help with eyelid lift? I'm starting to show a tiny bit of a "hooded" eyelid and was hoping to correct the problem.

I have in the past tried DMAE and copper peptides and my skin around the eyes just reacts badly to them, even in the tiniest quantities.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Hi Maiea!

I also use the PSF Cranberry Gel and love it, but I now follow it up with Candessence "Eye'll Be Seeing You" http://www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html
The PSF lifts beautifully, and the Candessence product really moisturizes and has made such a difference in the skin tone around my eyes (much fewer fine lines and firmer). I also do use Candy's DMAE around my eyes, but I know that's not an option for you. Still, I can't rave enough about the PSF gel and "Eye'll" as a combo!

HTH!
Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Thank you, I'll look into the Decelor product!

I forgot to mention I have tried the cranberry eye gel from PSF and absolutely love it. It gives me a nice open-eye look, the only problem I have is it doesn't seem moisturizing enough now that it is drier in the winter.

Yeah..I know what you mean....I kind of felt that way about the Decleor product - but only in the winter months...Another good product is Skincubed's Eye Repair...but it is better for puffiness than it is for encouraging a lifted eye look...I'm using it now and I'm starting to feel like I need something more moisturizing on top of it (Winter has finally,hit Ottawa, Ontario, Canada!)....Maybe you could use a very light eye cream on top of your lifting product (just during the winter months)...I think it is really hard to find ONE product that will really lift AND moisturize really well at the same time...If you find it, give me a call Laughing
Pudoodles
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say the PSF Cranberry lifts my eyelids (i'm in my 20s) but it definitely tightens and makes them less puffy in the morning. I use a separate eye cream under my eyes as it is not moisturizing enough.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Facial exercises!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
copper peptides can have a lifting effect, but you need to be cautious about the amount you use.
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
copper peptides can have a lifting effect, but you need to be cautious about the amount you use.

Yes, they're one of the first things I tried. I tried both 1st and 2nd gen CP's and in the most dilute amounts, but the skin around my eyes can't tolerate them. Sad
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
A topic dear to my heart!

I started Avene's Ystheal (retinaldehydes) last summer and happily noticed that my upper eyelids firmed up. So then I was on a quest for more.

I now use: Ystheal, Candy's DMAE, PSF Cranberry eye lift

and switch off on these creams: SAS coffeeberry cream, Dream Products Eye Lift.

I've noticed enough tightening where I now have a double eyelid crease in the later mornings.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:

I started Avene's Ystheal (retinaldehydes) last summer and happily noticed that my upper eyelids firmed up. So then I was on a quest for more.

I've noticed enough tightening where I now have a double eyelid crease in the later mornings.

Rjez, what is your routine like for AM and PM, and which product do you attribute most results to?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Rjez, what is your routine like for AM and PM, and which product do you attribute most results to?

Hey Dollbird - The biggest results were Avene Ystheal but that's because I started that last summer by itself so the changes were noticeable. I really wasn't expecting the firming or the decrease in dark circles.

am:
PSF cranberry eye lift
SAS coffeeberry cream or Dream Eye Lift cream - both creams contain caffiene and some nice moisturizers.

pm:
DMAE - just a touch
Ystheal
CP Night Eyes (whoops, forgot about this).

I noticed yesterday that my creases were around all day. I was so incredibly happy. I wish I'd used these products 20 years ago!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rjez! Hope you're on your way to permanent creases!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Thanks Rjez! Hope you're on your way to permanent creases!

Oh man ... I would glady take a few wrinkles in exchange for permanent creases - you can actually SEE my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Rjez - I can find the Avene eye cream pretty easily here so I'll go out and get it. I'm Asian too, though I naturally have the double eyelid - with the sagging though, it's hardly noticeable anymore. Hopefully I can get things firmed up again so my eyes look... well, back to how they did a couple years ago.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
thank you guys for this post! now i have hope to get my eyelids back. lol
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor's Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur - Eye Contour Firming Serum is a treatment to be used for 21days every 3months. The bottle lasts a year.
After the serum, you could use the Decleor - Expérience de L'Age Triple Action Eye and Lip Creme. I have yet to use it. I am recommending it on the basis that I have used the earlier product which they have replaced with the experience de l'age product last year.

After I used the eye-cream, my eyelids opened up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
Decleor's Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur - Eye Contour Firming Serum is a treatment to be used for 21days every 3months. The bottle lasts a year.
After the serum, you could use the Decleor - Expérience de L'Age Triple Action Eye and Lip Creme. I have yet to use it. I am recommending it on the basis that I have used the earlier product which they have replaced with the experience de l'age product last year.

After I used the eye-cream, my eyelids opened up.

I have Decleor's Decleor Serum Hydrotenseur, but i dont feel its so good....dont know why...maybe it doesnt work on me... Sad
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, how long have you used the serum? I have not used the serum, my mother has and she was very happy with the effects.

I have used the anti-wrinkle eye & lip cream and I found it very effective. I think when you use the serum, you need the eye-cream as well because the serum is a gel which is a treatment while the eye-cream moisturises the skin.

Am sure everyone's skin will react differently and if it has not worked for you, then, am sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I have also used the hydrotenseur serum and didn't notice any lifting Sad , although I think I'm in a minority as it gets rave reviews. I am truly starting to think that my eyes are beyond all help as I've tried almost everything (except Valmont and Cellcosmet, haven't got to those yet as I'm holding out for samples). I do have a little sample of the new Experience de l'Age cream which I just started using - I doubt that the sample will last long enough for me to see whether there are any results, but it's a lovely light yet moisturising cream, and goes on much more smoothly than the old Vitaroma did (yes, I tried that too!!).
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Rjez,

I was reading another Avene thread, and it seems Eluage is more potent than Ystheal since it's got HA in addition to retinaldehyde. I wonder how HA and retinaldehyde work for eyes. Have you ever considered moving up from Ystheal to something more potent like Eluage or perhaps increasing the percentage of retinaldehyde with Retrinal?
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Hey Rjez,

I was reading another Avene thread, and it seems Eluage is more potent than Ystheal since it's got HA in addition to retinaldehyde. I wonder how HA and retinaldehyde work for eyes. Have you ever considered moving up from Ystheal to something more potent like Eluage or perhaps increasing the percentage of retinaldehyde with Retrinal?

I do have a sample of Eluage which I've tried. The HA increases the effectiveness but I think it's the same % of retinaldehyde as the cream. It does feel more moisturizing. I haven't ordered Eluage yet because I still have another tube of the cream. After that, I might change. There's a big price difference since Ystheal is marketed for acne and Eluage is marketed for anti-aging.

Forgot to add: it is the weirdest thing getting ready in the mornings. Barely any double crease but by 9am - yup, double creases are there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi maiea - Decleor Hydrotenseur didn't work for me either but as you've seen, it works for some.

Glad you're finally going to give Avene a go! It's not an overnight miracle so hang in there if you don't have any adverse reactions like you've already experienced.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
dollbird wrote:
Hey Rjez,

I do have a sample of Eluage which I've tried. The HA increases the effectiveness but I think it's the same % of retinaldehyde as the cream. It does feel more moisturizing. I haven't ordered Eluage yet because I still have another tube of the cream. After that, I might change. There's a big price difference since Ystheal is marketed for acne and Eluage is marketed for anti-aging.

Forgot to add: it is the weirdest thing getting ready in the mornings. Barely any double crease but by 9am - yup, double creases are there.

LOL! You know what, I get the same thing too! My creases are sooo finicky. In the morning I wake up with medium creases so i think, good enough, i'll leave them alone. Then by noon, the medium creases have moved up into higher and deeper creases, and sometimes if my eyelids are too oily (if i don't use eye primer) they "slide back down" into the medium crease, or if i'm unlucky, all the way down till i don't have any creases left. I'm so happy i found a fellow double eyelid comrade here at EDS, because SO doesn't understand how i'm so obsessed with "the lines above my eyes" as he calls them.

I'm going to add Ystheal to my routine in addition to PSF cranberry. Do let me know what you think of Eluage when you do decide to get it. Very Happy
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi maiea - Decleor Hydrotenseur didn't work for me either but as you've seen, it works for some.

Glad you're finally going to give Avene a go! It's not an overnight miracle so hang in there if you don't have any adverse reactions like you've already experienced.

Hi - lol, yeah, I'll give the Avene a go. Nothing else seems to help, and as a little trial with retinol, I took just a tiny amount of my PSF retinol nite repair and tried to pat a bit on my eyelids and nothing scary seemed to happen so I'll take the dive with Avene and see what happens. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |