Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Just say NO to Pantene!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
poulinsj
5% products discount

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
This is the first that i've ever heard of this. However, i started using it a couple of months ago and i noticed that my hair IS growing slowing. I thought it was because i stopped breastfeeding my son and my hormones are all over the place. Now i wonder if the Pantene has anything to do with it. I have naturally curly hair and it doesn't seem to dry my hair out. In fact, i really like the Pantene expressions....i'm going to stop using it just to see.
miya-lin

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:25 am      Reply with quote
MY family has been used Pantene for many years, I found that it Cause hair loss,Just say NO to Pantene!That's right!
Annonymous
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I recently used a pantene shampoo because it was all that was in the house and noticed that my hair felt like rugged straw afterward. I'll never use pantene again.
LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
My parent's have used Pantene 2 in 1 for at least 10 yrs. I've been using it for 3. No side effects whatsoever and everyone's hair still needs trimmed often as always. Maybe it depends on the particular person/scalp?

I'm unconvinced shampoo in itself does much/little for hair regardless of price. Conditioner is another matter altogether. I've found adding vinegar to a bottle of conditioner (whatever's on sale) makes my hair softer and shinier than any commericial product by itself I've ever tried.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Pantene has always worked great for me, but my stylist who has done hair all her life for over 20 years also said it is bad. She said that it strips your hair and is so strong that if you happen to get gum in hair and use Pantene it is strong enough to wash it out.
Pan
5% products discount

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I been using Pantene for 10+yrs now I love it's conditioner. I notice that my daughter sometime she has dry scrap too..
gonatural
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
LLucy,
How much vinegar do you add? I've also heard you can create your own cleansing conditioner by adding vinegar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think Pantene has too much silicone, and it eventually dries out hair. I have to second and third saying no to pantene. Amazed that it's still on the shelves.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! This is the fist time I have heard/read about Pantene being bad for the hair. I have been using Pantene most of the time and whatever is on sale....And I am getting what I paid for (my hair has been thinning through the years...I thought it was just part of the aging process.)
I need to spend a little bit more money on my hair from now on. What is a good volumizing shampoo conditioner for permed and colored hair?

5% products discount

Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised to hear that because among all the shampoos, nothing is as good as Pantene for me. Only Pantene can leave my hair well-moisturized and smooth. Any other suggestions for good and affordable shampoos I can pick up at the regular drug stores then?
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Many years ago I had a hair stylist from a high end salon scrape some of my hair with a pair of shears to show me the horrible build up from shampoos. I was shocked at what came off! I can not remember if it was from pantene or not but I did use pantene a long time ago! My hair use to fall out so much that I thought I was going to go bald! I have give up all store brand shampoos and started using organic shampoos from Aubrey organics and Waleda hair oils for my scalp. I am middle aged and my hair is thicker now than when I was in my 30's!
puzzle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that too and now I'm using hand made soap Very Happy
However...is it possible that other brands under P&G also have the same problem?
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am      Reply with quote
puzzle wrote:
I've heard that too and now I'm using hand made soap Very Happy
However...is it possible that other brands under P&G also have the same problem?
Yes! I think so! My stylist had told me that build up was a big problem with most store bought shampoos.
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
wow, did not know it. Shock
I do not use it, but my parents do. I will let them know, thanks
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use to wash my hair with Pantene shampoo and now I stop using it for at least two years. Pantene has cones which are bad for my hair. Now I use cone free products for my hair. Another issue with Pantene was that I was losing too much hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, this is VERY interesting... I try new shampoos from time to time but always go back to Pantene. Something tells me I'm going to research this a little more and buy myself another brand.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the sharing. I never use Pantene. Any other brand which is not recommended?
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I stopped using Pantene long time ago. Now I am using some organic natural herbal shampoo.

Pantene is really harmful to our hair.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Years ago, many hairdressers said the same about Clairol Herbal Essence Shampoo. I have noticed my hair is weird lately (and shedding a little). I use Pantene.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I agree Pantene is crap! Why does it take up half the shelf space in the aisles of many stores? Because they pay for shelf space and positioning.Notice how the best products are really hard to find?It cuz hey dont pay off the mob.
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I really dislike Pantene as is their hair conditioner leaves my bath tube super slippery... yuck
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Pantene is not the best, never was a big fun. It so difficult to find the balance though. I used L'oreal, Ojon and Aveda. Some cheap and some more expensive brands. After using Ojon for some time my hear did not feel alright. Aveda made my scull itchy and flaky. I decided to get something cheap: Pantene 2 in 1. It is rubbish of course. However,I know it takes more than just a good shampoo to make your hair shine and your scull feel good.
mishb
5% products discount

Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I think this is a load of rot. I'm not sure why a lot of hairdressers have it in for Pantene, but I think it's a lot better than most supermarket products.

I've been using the same regime for years now, Redken shampoo and Pantene conditioner, and I am always getting compliments about my hair. It's long, thick, shiny and grows like a weed.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I too have heard, from beaticians, that PANTENE is not good for the hair.

My hair is pretty thick and fairly long and I have always switched up my shampoos and conditioners. DOVE is definately one of my fave conditioners.....as my hair seems to gt very dry.

I have noticed that if I only shampoo once every 2-3 days, my hair seems much healthier.....I guess the natural oils staying in.....I use to be one to shampoo everyday and had no problems with growth, but my hair just seems more manageable now.

BTW, I colour my hair and it is pretty damaged, but still some how grows....which I am not complaining.......

The best hair repair that I have found thus far is "REDKEN EXTREME ANTI SNAP" It has really seemed to keep my hair healthier.

I tried it because I "over-dyed" my hair and it was falling out in strings, so I went on the hunt for something to help repair my hair and the REDKEN had great reviews, so I went to the salon and asked what they recommended and to my behold, they recommended the exact same thing I had read the good reviews on. (I got it at the salon that is in WalMart, forgot the name)
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhh no Paristroika. This is not true. The Cosmetics Cop says Pantene's conditioning agents does penetrate as well any any other conditioning agent, which is not very much. Most hair care products use the same ingredients. Pantene is in our face because of the heavy advertising thats why its so popular. Just that would be enough for anyone to give these products a try.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |