Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Jane Iredale Pressed Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

Could you tell me if you like JI pressed powder. It looks beautiful but I'm worried about oily skin. I have a bad T-zone and worry that this maybe too much for oily skin. Any suggestions? Thanks! Very Happy
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Good question Janie Iwas wondering the same thing. Im really oily , I know that mineral makeup is a good choice for me but I just try Mineral makeup loose fondation and I did not like it. I think its the texture and maybe the fact that im use to liquid fondation...So I tought that maybe I could conceal and use JI pressed powder on top. Is it a good coverage ? My routine is conceal-fondation and powder so I need good coverage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Try using her pure matte powder (also pressed) first then followed by the pressed foundation. I find that works better for those days when my skin is pretty oily. Also, she has an oil-control primer called Absence which is also really good for using prior to the foundation.
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey~ take advantage of the little pressed JI testers. I have combo skin that's pretty oily in the T and I use concealer. For me JI is so convienant, effective and natural looking. Radiant is my shade, but the lighter shade, Warm Silk, applied with a small plump shadow brush is an effective concealer over moisturizer/tinted moisturizer or just sunscreen for a natural look. I carry the tester size of Warm Silk in my purse for quick concealing touch-ups...my red and brown spots disappear with no line of demarcation....that speaks to the coverage ability of JI.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have very oily skin (thanks to the aging process; not so much of an issue anymore Smile ) and used JI pressed at that time. I never felt that it made me more oily. It gave a nice matte finish; I would highly recommend it for oily ladies.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I just received a sample of golden glow and it looks great. I just heard about the matte and want to try it. Do you girls put any thing under to make it less oily? Thank you!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you ladies get the samples for the JI products from?
I'm interested in the pressed powder, but has anyone tried both the pressed powder and the liquid minerals? Which do you prefer?
I'm a big liquid foundation fan, and I have tried BE loose minerals and hate the appplication technique and the wierd shine it gives you.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
Where did you ladies get the samples for the JI products from?
I'm interested in the pressed powder, but has anyone tried both the pressed powder and the liquid minerals? Which do you prefer?
I'm a big liquid foundation fan, and I have tried BE loose minerals and hate the appplication technique and the wierd shine it gives you.

Great question, Canadian Girl! I am also interested in trying JL (press powder and loose powder) but I have no idea which colour to order. Confused I think samples would be very helpful. Very Happy
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
according to your skin type,you'd better take its liquid base
pressed one would make your face without glow Cool
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
eBay is a source for samples Smile ....the JI site lists where their products are sold near you...maybe someone sells it that you don't know about
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I get my JI samples fromwww.skin-etc.com. Sometimes the sample shades I've wanted were not available on eBay, and skin-etc. has been great to deal with.

I wear JI loose and pressed (not at the same time). I love pressed for travel. I tend to be shiny as the day progresses. Applying finishing powder before I apply the JI loose or pressed powder, has controlled my shine and oil with both products. I don't use a JI finishing powder at this time.
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="marci65"]I get my JI samples fromwww.skin-etc.com. Sometimes the sample shades I've wanted were not available on eBay, and skin-etc. has been great to deal with.

I wear JI loose and pressed (not at the same time). I love pressed for travel. I tend to be shiny as the day progresses. Applying finishing powder before I apply the JI loose or pressed powder, has controlled my shine and oil with both products. I don't use a JI finishing powder at this time.[/quote]

Could you please tell me what finishing powder you use? I love the JI look but still worry about the oil. Also, did you notice that your skin had less break outs?

I went on line to JI and found a skin salon that carried her line and she had tons of samples of the pressed powder. Thanks!
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:
marci65 wrote:
I get my JI samples fromwww.skin-etc.com. Sometimes the sample shades I've wanted were not available on eBay, and skin-etc. has been great to deal with.

I wear JI loose and pressed (not at the same time). I love pressed for travel. I tend to be shiny as the day progresses. Applying finishing powder before I apply the JI loose or pressed powder, has controlled my shine and oil with both products. I don't use a JI finishing powder at this time.

Could you please tell me what finishing powder you use? I love the JI look but still worry about the oil. Also, did you notice that your skin had less break outs?

I went on line to JI and found a skin salon that carried her line and she had tons of samples of the pressed powder. Thanks!

Please post the link to the salon you found. Thanks! Smile
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
It was skin esstentials. I live in Colorado. I think that if you go to the JI site, you can call all of the salons near you and if one with samples.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Janie wrote:

Right now, I am using BE Mineral Veil -- it was the first finishing powder that I tried and it's doing well. I am not a BE fan, but I tried MV on a whim since many people use it with good results on top of their MMU. Absolutely, my skin breaks out less using JI (it's the only brand I've tried, getting great results, so I'm not experimenting with other brands).
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:

Too bad this site only services the USA!
I just found out that an acquiantance of mine is jane iredale rep for salons. Hmmm I think i better give her a call and see if I can get some samples!

I will try ebay as well, thanks for the great info!
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Alima?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
For oilier skin definitely go for the pressed. Before I got into using my coveted True Cosmetics pressed powder I used JI pressed.

For oilies I seriously recommend either Jurlique Silk Dust or Carekate's Silk Dust. I will be ordering Carekate's soon so I haven't tried it yet (but she has gotten rave reviews on this forum plus she adds real silk and pearl) but I can definitely speak for Jurlique- it has made the world of difference on my oily skin. Plus, I don't feel like it's bad to apply it mid-day if I need to (I never reapplied my foundation powder because I always felt like I was going to clog my pores or cause breakouts if I applied it over not freshly cleansed skin).

As for samples- go towww.janeiredale.com and perform a retailer search in your area. You can get color matched and receive free samples.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I tried the JI pressed poweder base and I absolutely hate it! I know that a lot of you love it, so thats why I decided to try it, but I just got it yesterday in the shade "riviera" and it really looks awful on me.

It did have good coverage, was easy to apply, and you didn't need much product, but I felt like it made me look "made up" and it definately took away my natural glow. It looked too matte and dull and even made me feel like I looked a little dirty. The shade was the closest they had to my skintone and it matches quite well, but I don't like the way it makes my skin looks.

After I applied it I asked my SIL to look at my face and tell me if she sees anything different - I did not tell her what product I just put on. It didn't even take her 30 seconds before she told me that my skin looks dull, not glowy like normal.
So this is going to be a definate return for me.

I'm glad it works for most of you, but for me it definately didn't. I liked Everyday Minerals better than this.

CG
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's too bad. JI pressed is my HG. At least you gave it a good try. Perhaps you could try a finishing powder over it, to provide some glow?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sutrish wrote:
That's too bad. JI pressed is my HG. At least you gave it a good try. Perhaps you could try a finishing powder over it, to provide some glow?

Hi Sutrish,
Thanks for the advice, I did try a finishing powder as well, but no luck, it just added to the the mess.
I'm glad this is an HG product for you though.

Well the good thing is that I can go back to my Lancome dual finish and pay $45 instead of $60.....
CG
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
It's too bad that JI didn't work for you. At least you have something you like to go back to. Smile
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Canadian Girl - Did you try spritzing your face after applying JI Pressed Base? A fine mist can make too-matte powder look dewy. I'm using Avene Eau Thermale just because I happen to have it, but I find if I overdo the Pressed Base and it looks dry, a spritz helps.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi M. April, thanks for the suggestion, I didn't try spritzing my face after. But I think I am just going to return the JI, since the lancome dual finish looks much better on my skin, and I don't want to add another step in my makeup routine. The JI didn't look too powdery or cakey, it just looked dull on my skin. I don't think that my skintone will work with their colors.

but thanks for the advice!
CG
RubyWong
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I am interested in Jane Iredale products (press powder, loose powder, foundation). I am usually a NC 20. I was wondering what color I would be in Jane Iredale. I don't want to get the wrong color since there are no returns for JI products. Thanks.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |