Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any skincare in China I should pick up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
My hubby is in China...any skin care items I should have him buy for me?
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
It depends what are you into? They have some local moisturizer or mask made from Chinese herbs are pretty good. Do not try to purphase any imported brand, they are overpriced.
Uno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
The quality control of Chinese skincare is still immature in my opinion. I don't recommend buying any.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
The Face Shop is a Korean brand, but I believe they have stores in China. I love their jojoba cleansing oil. If he can find it, I highly recommend it. It gets my make-up off and rinses cleanly and leaves my face soft.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
The Face Shop is a Korean brand, but I believe they have stores in China. I love their jojoba cleansing oil. If he can find it, I highly recommend it. It gets my make-up off and rinses cleanly and leaves my face soft.

SKIM,
Do you recommend anything else from the face shop? I have one quite close to me, and have only bought their dewy flower clear peel, which is "ok".

Do you reccommend anything else from there?
Thank
CG
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:17 am      Reply with quote
If you have acne or blemish prone skin, there is a herbal cream called "Xin Fu Man Lin" you can pick up at most dispensaries for around 50RMB (still very overpriced! but cheaper than the US suppliers)

There was a thread about this cream a long time back, it is supposed to be excellent for treating specific types of acne and rosacea (thought to be caused by some sort of bug as opposed to internal problems) - it is quite an HG product on lots of acne forums/

I used one jar of this during the Beijing winter, and it did not cause any blocked pores for me surprisingly despite its heavy scent and texture. My skintone overall was a lot better after using the cream. Though I can't say it improved my skin problems entirely, as I returned to a humid climate everything crept back.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Olivia,

It's not what I would typically classify as "skin care" but there is this amazing cream from Peking that is great for burns. You put a little bit on when you get a burn from cooking, curling iron accidents, etc and it miraculously stops the pain and there is no redness or scabbing that usually happens with a burn.

I was definitely a skeptic until I accidently burned myself cooking at my mom's. She took the jar out and put a little on my hand. The pain went away within a minute and I didn't develop any redness or a scab. Another time, a pot of boiling water accidently tipped when my mom ws moving it and some of the boiling water poured over much of my mom's hand. She put on the cream and no pain, redness or scab.

You have to get the authentic kind though from Peking. It is best to ask a trusted local person. There are many immitators. We were scammed with an immitation jar once. Now I have an authentic jar. The label is in Chinese so I can't tell you what the name of it is. One warnign is that it is expensive - about $100 USD for 10 oz jar. It'll last and last though. My mom has had her jar from the past 10 years and it still works great.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Uno wrote:
The quality control of Chinese skincare is still immature in my opinion. I don't recommend buying any.

I second this. I wouldn't put anything made in China on my skin. And anything imported you can generally get cheaper elsewhere.

Then there's the "fake" issue. Everything from soy sauce to wine can be a "copy". A colleague recently brought back some fake Ferrero Roche chocolates from China.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl,

I went to Korea for only a couple of months so I didn't get to try a lot. The only other thing I have is their pressed compact powder. It's decent (and fairly cheap) and it has SPF in it. I want to try some more face stuff because I like their ingredients.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
man ting would cause allergy as well as it could cure some skin problems,such as rosacea,uneven skin tone,acne

you could buy some DABAO products
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Uno wrote:

I agree with this. And usually skincare products in China don't even list the ingredients on the packaging (the govt hasn't required this) so I wouldn't buy skincare there without knowing the ingredients.

But if you go to Hong Kong or Duty Free stores at an airport (e.g. the Shanghai one), that's another story. I'd look for duty free European/Australian/American skincare there.

Also Vichy, Avene and La Roche Posay products can be bought at pharmacies in China. These brands of products are imported from France instead of made in China. So they are the same as in other countries. And they are not very expensive there (compared with high end department store brands like Lancome of course). I live in New Zealand and La Roche Posay isn't available here. I am going to Shanghai in a couple of months and stock up some La Roche Posay goodies from there. Smile
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with being cautious with the products you buy in China. Lots of them can be fake. If you buy, you probably want to go to reputable store to shop.
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you can ask him to buy some Japanese Brand which you cannot get from your place, But definitely not Chinese Brand.
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:44 am      Reply with quote
jacque wrote:
Maybe you can ask him to buy some Japanese Brand which you cannot get from your place, But definitely not Chinese Brand.

L'Oreal and Maybelline are certainly no Chinese brands but all the L'Oreal and Maybelline products sold in China are made in China and have rather poor quality IMO (as the local quality control is so easy to pass). So avoid brands like that too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |