Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Eye Drops for whiter whites?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I use innoxa gouttes bleues, which has mostly natural ingredients, and you can use them as many times per day as you like. These drops are mostly soothing, and don't necessarily turn the whites of my eyes "white," they just make them a little more luminous and less fatigued-looking. I just came across a japanese product called "eyegazms" (I know, horrible name) that sells drops called "rohto" drops. Has anyone used this? Has anyone used a very effective eye drop for rendering the whites of your eyes whiter? I have a pereptual problem with dull and red whites. I always marvel at those who are lucky enough to have whites of the eye that are actually lily-white...Thanks!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for product like this for a long time. My redness is caused by my contact lens. I hope I can find something that can get rid of redness.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Fishzebby, I wore soft contacts for over 20 years and went back to glasses several years ago. Only because my eyes were perpetually red all the time and people always mentioned it to me. Also as I'm getting older my eyes don't have the moisture they once had.

Sometimes I'll use Refresh Liquigel by Allergan for persistent dryness and on days I want whiter whites, I use Visine Workplace eye drops. I NEVER use the Visine more than once per day.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I have very dry eyes. I've had to change my contacts, because they were drying my eyes out more. I use Patanol drops twice a day and I use artificial tears as well. My eyes are never completely white, but they are better.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
There used to be this fantastic product - I think it was called Eye Bright...It was eithre made by Mavala or it was always merchandised right alongside the Mavala products...Man, that stuff was great...It has been discussed in another thread...I think it was pulled from the market for some reason...such a shame because it was an awesome product for whitening the whites...If anyone knows if it is still available anywhere will you let us know?
THanks!
Pudoodles
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:44 am      Reply with quote
hmmm i would be interested also if anyone came across such a product to whiten the whites of the eyes and be safe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
There used to be this fantastic product - I think it was called Eye Bright...It was eithre made by Mavala or it was always merchandised right alongside the Mavala products...Man, that stuff was great...It has been discussed in another thread...I think it was pulled from the market for some reason...such a shame because it was an awesome product for whitening the whites...If anyone knows if it is still available anywhere will you let us know?
THanks!
Pudoodles

I've also heard of this product, and I can safely say that after trolling all of the dept stores and parapharmacies for mavala's eye drops, THEY DO NOT EXIST! One used to be able to buy them off of ebay, but I've got to get back to reading Proust now...

It looks like there are more inquiries than suggestions here... I do recommend innoxa's product, for anyone who is interested.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I get red eyes from contact lens wear. If they're dry I use Restasis (prescription) or OTC products from The Dry Eye Store.

I tried the Rohto brand and it was weird ... it stings like hell. Threw it out after a few uses.

I also purchased Mavala Eye Lite (blue eye drops) a few years back. I really didn't notice that my whites were whiter or longer-lasting than Visine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
dear Rjez,

thanks for all that info!

--avalange

MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
... I also purchased Mavala Eye Lite (blue eye drops) a few years back. I really didn't notice that my whites were whiter or longer-lasting than Visine.

Rjez is right. I have the Mavala drops in my medicine cabinet right now, and never use them (in fact, they've been there for a long time and should probably be thrown out), however, when I did use them, I don't think they did anything for me. I think they are using the "bluing for extra whiteness" approach, but we are not washing a load of whites here!

My whites are naturally quite white, my contacts rarely cause redness (unless they are old, then I know to throw them out and put in a new pair of disposables) and the only thing that causes them to be red are if I rub my eyes too much or if my lash growth serums get in them (JMAIE will cause your eyes to be red the entire next day if you aren't careful!). That said, I read where Kevyn Aucoin recommended a specific type of blue eye drops and swore by them and I'd be willing to give those a try. I don't know the name of them, but if I run across them, I'm sure it would trigger my memory. Anyhow, if my eyes are red for whatever reason, I have been known to use Visene, but rarely.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
You can purchase the Eye Bright at Mavala's website or other on line beauty stores.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I remember a discussion about blue eye-whitening drops a while back. I couldn't find the product at that time, but when I was just searching trying to find the one recommended by Kevin Aucoin, or the Mavala Eye Lite, I came across this website:

http://www.verseo.com/bleu.html

Anyone familiar with this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Last year, I did a liver cleanse and noticed my eyes were whiter and brighter!

Taking beta-carotene (in moderation) also seeems to help.

If you live in a dry climate, a good humidifyer may be something to try.

Have tried the 'blue' eye drops, didn't notice a difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:
I remember a discussion about blue eye-whitening drops a while back. I couldn't find the product at that time, but when I was just searching trying to find the one recommended by Kevin Aucoin, or the Mavala Eye Lite, I came across this website:

Cat, I'm 95% certain those are the drops Kevyn Aucoin loved. The other 5% thinks they might be the ones avalange is already using! They were definitely NOT Mavala.
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like there are two kinds of collyre bleu eyedrops, the ones in the link posted above and this kind:

http://www.pharmactifs.com/en/produits/collyre.html

I wonder if they are the same formulation?

I am wondering this because the company Verseo in the other link appears to be an 'Igia' type company that makes copies of beauty products and appliances.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:02 am      Reply with quote
wow, you guys are so awesome, as always. I use innoxa's "gouttes bleues" (blue drops), and like I said, these are extremely soothing and totally natural, except for the blue dye... anyways, they don't make the whites of your eyes "white," but they soothe dry, allergic eyes better than any other brand, about as good as similisan drops. My allergies are so bad in the states, I keep these natural drops with me all the time... My boyfriend relies on them for his allergies as well. Here in Paris, my allergies are not such a problem, thankfully (and it is nice to know that all of those doctors who tried to convince me that I was allergic to my cats without testing me were WRONG--my cats are with me here; allergies--gone!).

The verseo drops look very interesting, I will try to get ahold of some. I just looked the original product up, and the active ingredients are méthylthioninium hydroxyde, naphazoline nitrate--I think these are similar ingredients in many to the new otc pharmacy-grade drops. Anyways, on the french pharmacy websites, it says that these eye drops are only available with a prescription! Many times I've been able to convince pharmacists here to sell me things, so I'll try, but it does not seem like this product is any different, from, say, naphcon in the US. Any other ideas?

--avalange

Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 am      Reply with quote
catmcall wrote:

Wow! That stuff must be the bomb!

www.verseo.com wrote:
Please note that, due to such a high demand for this product, we are currently out of stock. All orders for Collyre Bleu by Verseo will ship in 2-3 weeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Heather. My eyes look so much better after a cleanse. Also, when I eat healthy, drink lots of water, and avoid toxins.

heathercolorado wrote:
Last year, I did a liver cleanse and noticed my eyes were whiter and brighter!

Taking beta-carotene (in moderation) also seeems to help...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
oh no, I can't stand glasses because my eye power is very bad.
Oh, maybe I am in the wrong forum to talk about this.

Anyway, it's good to know there is product to whiten the white part of the eye. I will follow through in case if I want to try someday.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
I get red eyes from contact lens wear. If they're dry I use Restasis (prescription) or OTC products from The Dry Eye Store.

I tried the Rohto brand and it was weird ... it stings like hell. Threw it out after a few uses.

I also purchased Mavala Eye Lite (blue eye drops) a few years back. I really didn't notice that my whites were whiter or longer-lasting than Visine.

Rjez,

Do you have a link for the Dry Eye Store?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, I just replied to your post about hair problems. You had mentioned that you had just moved to Paris. I wondering if maybe some of these problems you are experiencing might not be due to a climate change?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Rjez,

http://www.dryeyeshop.com/ I ordered their sample kit and the night eyes did sting the first time but never again. The Nutra-tears is interesting. They have a Phenomenal Forum site at http://dryeyecompany.com/for those with dry eyes. They poll and talk about every drug you can imagine.

The all natural blue eye drops sound interesting. I hate using Visine. My eyes are so dry with allergies and contacts - often turning dull in the afternoons. I even have 3 silicone implants .. yup, tiny plugs in my tear ducts so my tears can't drain away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
skincarefreak wrote:
Rjez wrote:

Rjez,

http://www.dryeyeshop.com/ I ordered their sample kit and the night eyes did sting the first time but never again. The Nutra-tears is interesting. They have a Phenomenal Forum site at http://dryeyecompany.com/for those with dry eyes. They poll and talk about every drug you can imagine.

The all natural blue eye drops sound interesting. I hate using Visine. My eyes are so dry with allergies and contacts - often turning dull in the afternoons. I even have 3 silicone implants .. yup, tiny plugs in my tear ducts so my tears can't drain away.

Thanks Rjez Very Happy ,

My doctor as talked to me about getting the implants. Have they helped? I will look at the link.Thanks again!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Thanks Rjez Very Happy ,

My doctor as talked to me about getting the implants. Have they helped? I will look at the link.Thanks again!

I think they help me. I first tried the collagen ones that dissolve in one week. You have 4 tear ducts and that way the doc can play around with how many you need "plugged".

The only problem was the adjustment period. I spent a couple of weeks constantly "crying" because my ducts were plugged. I just kept tissues handy.

I do notice this year my eyes seem more dry and the doc is going to take a look at my next exam - the plugs may have dislodged. It's been about 6 years since I had them put in.

Oh, and it's a quick and easy procedure. They put analgesic drops in but mostly it just itches.

I just noticed on the dry eye site that Restasis doesn't really help people with plugs - oh well, the samples are nice anyway.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
About those Collyre drops and the topic in general, this thread might be of use Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15332&highlight=

Ziggy

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |