Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bumps on behind, back of thighs

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosefire

Mon May 24, 2004 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have a bunch of bumps on my behind and upper thighs (the area that touches the chair when you are sitting). They don't itch, aren't sore etc, it is just raised bumpy skin. Sometimes they are red and look awful, especially now it is shorts season! Sometimes I get them on the sides of my hips also. I guess they are just dry skin or ??? Any thoughts or suggestions for products or ways to get rid of them?? Any advise would be GREAT!! Very Happy
Less Patchy
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2004 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if this will help you but I'll share my experience.

I had bumpy things on my arms and legs as a kid, probably up until I was 18 or 19, and ingrown hairs on my legs. I'm embarrassed to admit my family used the same washcloth and towels for a week Crying or Very sad Mad Shock and because of sharing bath water and birth order, the water was dirty and scummy by the time it was my turn.

Our house had a shower by the time I was in my teens but I shudder to think of my hygiene because I shaved my legs and pits dry, or occasionally with soap, which was whatever my mother bought on sale. I had no concept of exfoliation or moisturizing.

At 17, I went to a dermatologist, who prescribed a greasy cream which softened the bumps but that's about all.

They eventually resolved when I used better products, including exfoliating with a loofah or scrunchy nylon thing which comes with liquid soap, shaving my legs with a moisturizing cream, and moisturizing all over.
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you're both describing something that could be tiny little ingrown hairs. I have that on the back of my thighs as well when I get lazy about exfoliation. You can't really see it, just feel it. But every so often one of them decides to get red and angry.

The thing that has worked best for me has been dry body brushing (of course, I didn't keep it up... Rolling Eyes ). I got that suggestion from a magazine that described the very same thing (or at least something that sounds exactly like it - let's face it, same symptoms can have different causes). Any regular exfoliation routine should help you with that though (if these are little ingrown hairs). My guess is that products with Glycolic Acid would be beneficial as well (MDF Face & Body scrub is very good - but only for the body in my opinion...)
hulan

Thu May 27, 2004 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Shock I have the same problem too, but after few months observation i found the reason, which is smoking that gives my thighs skin very dry and rashy. I kinda ignorin it, otherwise i get crazy with all these small problems we take granted.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Wonders of Nature Soothing Skincare Set (3 items) Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buster Treatment Kit (5 items) Sothys Secrets Smoothing Body Balm (150 ml / 5.07 floz)