Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What's the most you've ever paid for a pair of shoes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Me, $120-ish for a pair of Birkenstocks. Very Happy Worth every penny!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
$120.00 on my Frye Phoenix Mules... I choked initially - but love em! Now I want the other 2 colors too! LOL.

Of course the prices have dropped since I got mine, so maybe not unrealistic!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
ooooh, I love those!

$179.00ish for the top price. I used to really pay up for shoes (sz. 3 1/2 womens/sz 2 childrens) and I'd have to keep them waaaay past their stylishness. But, since I don't work in an office anymore, I just look for comfort and anything without pictures of Barbie, Mulan, etc. So, now the top usually runs about $49.00.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I don't remember...I think around $100. I can't afford to spend to much on a graduate student salary. Though a girl in my program two years ago spent $450 on Dior pumps. Needless to say, she had to drop out of our department because she blew her loan money and had no money left over to pay her rent, bills, or tuition.

I think she had to file bankruptcy again...(she did in undergrad too). She's one that is literally addicted to spending money...her vice was shoes. I think it tied into the whole buying something new made her feel good...but it got waaaay out of control!

If I had more money though, I've got my eye on a couple pairs around 150 to 200! If only Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Probably about 120 bucks full price. I try to always buy shoes on sale so I can get as many pairs as possible.

I worked at Charles David for about a year so a while back, we always got first dibs on new merch. We got 40% off all shoes including those on marked down. I got a pair of $350 stilettos for 100 bucks. Score! I made off like a bandit when I worked there...

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Ok I have to admit I LOVE expensive shoes because they fit my skinny feet better and generally bruise my feet less (though they are not always more comfortable). My record to date is around US$300 for a pair of Marc Jacob high-heels (but in fact MJ rarely fits me) Embarassed
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
$250 - it was on boots (and it was the sale price too!).

I got them last winter and still wear them. I sprayed a LOT of protection sealant on them and they've gone through water and snow and no residue marks left on them.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
$400CDN for Fluevog boots. Worth every penny. This guy gives Jimmy a run for his money -- and at a better price. IMHO, You just can't beat Fluevog for style...You could be wearing rags....and add a pair of Fluevog shoes or boots and SHAZAM! You look like a zillion bucks!!!!
Puds
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
$400CDN for Fluevog boots. Worth every penny. This guy gives Jimmy a run for his money -- and at a better price. IMHO, You just can't beat Fluevog for style...You could be wearing rags....and add a pair of Fluevog shoes or boots and SHAZAM! You look like a zillion bucks!!!!
Puds

heh heh - not every day you see the word Shazam posted, lol - sooooo.....let's see a pic of em!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I almost $200.00
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Puds

heh heh - not every day you see the word Shazam posted, lol - sooooo.....let's see a pic of em!

Candy, you must remember "Isis" too, then! Laughing I don't have a pic of them ( I bought them 3 years ago) I checked the Fluevog site to see if they are still there but they are not (they are custom so once they are gone, they are gone)...BUT I purchased another pair of boots as a gift to myself over the Christmas period...They are a relatively new model so they are still posted - they were $295 CDN...I'm just in love with them! Here they are!!!!
http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w%5B0%5D=search%3ABondgirl&pp=1&view=detail&p=1&colourID=327
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Another pair of boots that I think everyone should own are Blundstones...they run around 160CDN and they are incredible!! You can wear them with jean shorts in the summer and your feet will stay cool AND you can wear them in the winter and your feet will stay warm! I absolutely cannot live without them! Here's a link to them
http://www.blundstone.ca/products_blunnies_491.html I am a shoe and handbag LUNATIC!
Pudoodles
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I am a shoe addict...I do not even want to think about what's the most expensive price I paid Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I am a shoe addict...I do not even want to think about what's the most expensive price I paid Embarassed

Come on Wildcat Confused -- tell us!! Show us pics if you have them! Very Happy Very Happy
Pudoodles
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Taking a deep breath to make this confession... 60,000 yen (about US$540 at the time) for a pair of Hermes boots (mens boots, elastic sides like the blundstones).

I would like to add they were 50% off, so I always like to think of them at my 120,000 yen shoes!!

Other than that I have had a few pairs in the $150-$200 range (not on sale obviously LOL).

Hubby routinely spends $400-odd on his shoes for work. His current loves are Baratz (from spain) and his Hugo Boss boots. To be honest though, the $400 shoes tend to last 3 times longer than shoes costing $150 so they are pretty good value.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Taking a deep breath to make this confession... 60,000 yen (about US$540 at the time) for a pair of Hermes boots (mens boots, elastic sides like the blundstones).

I would like to add they were 50% off, so I always like to think of them at my 120,000 yen shoes!!

Other than that I have had a few pairs in the $150-$200 range (not on sale obviously LOL).

Hubby routinely spends $400-odd on his shoes for work. His current loves are Baratz (from spain) and his Hugo Boss boots. To be honest though, the $400 shoes tend to last 3 times longer than shoes costing $150 so they are pretty good value.

THUD.
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

I'll bet those Hermes boots are fabulous!! I agree Tiger-TIm with your point re: value...especially if you're dealing with a sturdy shoe or boot...I can't say the same for a flimsy designer stilt shoe though...Oh ya- I forget to mention Banana Republic boots - yum!!!
Pudoodles
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
ROFLMAO!! I just went to the site & found they have a store about 20 minutes away from me!! Anyone need me to do some shopping for them?

EDA - I do remember Isis!!

Pudoodles wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
Puds

Candy, you must remember "Isis" too, then! Laughing I don't have a pic of them ( I bought them 3 years ago) I checked the Fluevog site to see if they are still there but they are not (they are custom so once they are gone, they are gone)...BUT I purchased another pair of boots as a gift to myself over the Christmas period...They are a relatively new model so they are still posted - they were $295 CDN...I'm just in love with them! Here they are!!!!
http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w%5B0%5D=search%3ABondgirl&pp=1&view=detail&p=1&colourID=327

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:

THUD.
Pudoodles

Ha Ha Ha Puds...i choked on that one.

Most I have ever spent was £200 on Christian Louboutin boots which I still have. I want some signature red heeled platform shoes but proud to say I have not capitulated yet. If anyone has got tips on good sites for CL let me know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
The most I've probably spent is around $125 - 150 CDN. I usually buy Clarks or something else that is comfortable. These days I choose comfort over style! Just looking at those super high heels makes my feet hurt. I remember when I was younger I would wear 3" pumps every day for work and now, just thinking about that makes my feet sore. Laughing
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am with you Moonstarr. I can only wear these sexy shoes from taxi to dinner sitting down all evening. I am quite tall and I cannot walk in very high shoes well. I wish someone would teach me. (yep i read "how to wear high heels")My sis can wear these 4 inch heels all day, go partying in them and not complain, the freak. I do hate to see the girls all dressed up and wearing sneakers on the tube though. I stick to mid heel ankle boots most dayswhich support my ankles (broke one in 2000).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Candy8865"]ROFLMAO!! I just went to the site & found they have a store about 20 minutes away from me!! Anyone need me to do some shopping for them?

Twenty minutes away from you?!?!? Drool Uh...Candy....have I told you lately....just how fabulous you are? Wink Darling, gorgeous, Candy?...Twenty minutes?!?! I thought I was in heaven when a Fluevog opened up in Montreal - thinking I'd only have to drive 2 hours to get to the store...I'm so envious!! Mad Laughing
Pudoodles
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
More than happy to oblige - just lemme know.

[quote="Pudoodles"]
Candy8865 wrote:
ROFLMAO!! I just went to the site & found they have a store about 20 minutes away from me!! Anyone need me to do some shopping for them?

Twenty minutes away from you?!?!? Drool Uh...Candy....have I told you lately....just how fabulous you are? Wink Darling, gorgeous, Candy?...Twenty minutes?!?! I thought I was in heaven when a Fluevog opened up in Montreal - thinking I'd only have to drive 2 hours to get to the store...I'm so envious!! Mad Laughing
Pudoodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I spent just over $800.00 on Malono Blahnik shoes. They are so red carpent type of shoes.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
The most I've spent on a pair of shoes was $250.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |