Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What happens when you don't remove your make-up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
When I was in my teens, I may have not removed my make-up completely. I did not know that eye make-up remover did existed.

There are plenty of times where I am up past 2 a.m., working and I have yet to remove it. There are times where I wish I just climb into bed and have my beauty sleep.

What happens to your skin? What kind of damage could I have created, with exception of a dirty pillow case. Rolling Eyes
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think leaving your makeup on can contribute to clogged pores. I know years ago there was a time when I just felt too tired to take off my makeup at night and I really think it helped contribute to breakouts. I think it's good to let your skin breathe too.

You could maybe try those premoistened makeup remover pads for those nights when you're too tired (it would be quick), so maybe even atleast a quick swipe of toner would help take off atleast some of it. Although the toner obviously wouldn't work on the eye area. Smile
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Clogging pores,acne, or peeling skin. Confused from my experience.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Concidentally, two nights ago I was beyond exhaustion and just fell asleep without meaning to. Next morning, while my makeup looked gorgeous, there were little breakouts on my forehead Confused So yes, definitely remove your makeup to prevent clogged pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
If I dont remove my makeup everynight, I am sure to find an huge unwanted guest staring me in the face in the morning!

I have to wash my face everynight, Its so annoying, especially when I am tired and just want to go to sleep, but if I take any shortcuts at all- like use just the pre-moistened wipes, I still break out.

Does anyone have a shortcut that really works well?

Thanks
CG
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
If I don't wash my makeup off at night, I am GUARANTEED to have clogged pores and either a huge zit or many smaller zits the next morning. There have been mornings where I've woken up with no ill effects, but then I'm GUARANTEED to have a big breakout later in the week. So, I drag myself to the sink regardless of how tired I am.

If you are really, really exhausted, you could get some of those makeup remover cloths - they take everything off, eye makeup included (unless you use waterproof mascara) and either use a couple of them to be sure your face is spotless or use 1 and then wipe down with a toner-soaked cotton pad. Its OK to forego your night time skin care routine every once in a while.

When my sister and I lived at home, my Mom bought us those cloths to keep bedside for the nights we'd come home super late from being out nightclubbing - she wanted us to wash our face regardless of how tired, etc. we were!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
here's my suggestion: be really vain and get an expensive eyelash serum. That way, you will want to wash your face every night, no matter what!

I've made washing my face a relaxing ritual replete with avene mist and cotton pads, and I just cannot wait to apply my talika lipocils on my clean face. Also, a luxurious night cream is a wonderful way to assure you clean your face well every night...

Falling asleep sometimes with all of your makeup on, though, isn't the worst thing in the world. Making it a habit cannot be good...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
If I don't wash my face at night...

I inevitably get at least one new zit and peely dehydrated looking skin.

I think there is a lot of merit to letting your skin breath at night. If to avoid clogging pores or to allow your skin to rejuvinate. I think not allowing your skin to breath may increase wrinkles as well...

Canadian Girl wrote:

Does anyone have a shortcut that really works well?

I don't think there is really anything that equates with washing your face... Confused

Actually, I just remembered... when I had foot surgery and was bedridden for about one and half weeks (until I could walk around more with my cruches and not feel throbbing pain in my swollen foot) I had by my bed Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel and cotton rounds. I would soak the cotton pad w/ the Thayers and wipe my face first with one and then soak another and do a second swipe. Of course, I wasn't wearing any makeup... so that changes the applicability to this thread... but I do remember that my face never really broke out and in fact was clearer than usual. Of course that could have been a result of not wearing makeup...

If I am dead tired I at least wash my face but skip applying treatments etc. (But even if I am THAT tired I still try to adhere to my regime as I know I will pay the price otherwise.)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
When I have done this a few times accidentally, it feels like I have a light layer of mud on my face in the morning, accompanied by at least one fresh zit. Now, no matter how tired I am, I make sure I wash my face before bed every night. Easier to deal with a zombie face wash than days of camouflaging a couple of zits.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Do those of you who wear MMU get spots after sleeping in it?

( I'm thinking of how Rare Minerals is a night time treatment..)

I've never slept in my make up, I have to take my lenses out to go to bed, so I'm at the sink anyway..

But I'm sure it be very lacklustre and spotty in the morning.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
If I go to sleep with my makeup on, I'm guaranteed to have at least one pimple and may clogged pores in the morning. I haven't gone to be without washing my face in years.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
it clogges pores really bad, and then you get zits from it, and black heads...your pores start to get bigger as well...so dont be lazy..wash your face every night and always use a toner afterwords so you can get rid of make-up and dirt for sure!..toner will also clean you pores out and minimies them;)
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Not washing your face everynight not only causes clogged pores (as if that wasn't enough), it will prematurely age the skin from environmental pollution (oxidants) that adhere to the makeup. Grimy, nasty stuff. Also, your skin needs to breathe unfettered by the foundation. Better for your skin to wash, tone and apply a nutrient-based night cream.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Not washing your face everynight not only causes clogged pores (as if that wasn't enough), it will prematurely age the skin from environmental pollution (oxidants) that adhere to the makeup. Grimy, nasty stuff. Also, your skin needs to breathe unfettered by the foundation. Better for your skin to wash, tone and apply a nutrient-based night cream.

Ari

OMG Ari, I'd forgotten all about the grime that our faces accumulate during the day! I remember one of my makeup artist friends said "if you aren't going to wash your face at night, you may as well grind dirt into your pores!"
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:48 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

"if you aren't going to wash your face at night, you may as well grind dirt into your pores!"

ewww... but it makes sense. And I wouldn't think grime would only adhere to makeup... it would just adhere to your skin, period.

Best to wash your face. It's that simple.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
jacque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 am      Reply with quote
it makes my face feel very very dry and even cause tiny lines.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:15 am      Reply with quote
It makes my skin feel tight. Confused
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
cause pimples and lots of blackheads! Sad

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |