Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Adding lemon juice to Godiva?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Suji

Mon May 24, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered Godiva products for the first time from Naturefina and it arrived today! First I just wanted to say I was very impressed coz I got it within a week and was really surprised because a lot of you said you've been waiting 3 weeks or more and it still didn't come. I live in Australia aswell so I was shocked when I got the parcel. I thought I was going to have to wait a month or something.

Anyway, on the instructions, it said to mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with the cream and then rub it on the skin. Does anyone do this? It makes the cream more liquidy but does the lemon juice really make the cream work better? Will using the cream without the lemon juice be just as efficient? Thanks.

It also says to use papaya soap and then sent me an email as to where I can get the soap, but the email address doesn't work.
Suji

Mon May 24, 2004 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
please someone answer me, no-one ever answers my threads. I just want to know if any one does add lemon juice to their Godiva cream.
busi
5% products discount

Mon May 24, 2004 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I received my order of Godiva products too and received the same orders to put lemon juice. When i saw the instructions to put lemon in the lotion i was kinda dissapointed, since lemon dries skin , i figured the products were not effective alone. I haven't been using them religiously therefore i don't even no if they work.
Mabsy

Tue May 25, 2004 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Awww, it's nothing personal Suji, you might have just asked questions that people didn't know the answer to.

I haven't used Godiva before but I would say exactly what Busi said; lemon is drying to the skin. I know that lemon is used as a lightener (e.g. on hair), but I think adding it to any cream might give the same effect. Either way, be careful with that or you might dehydrate your skin.

Mabsy
Suji

Tue May 25, 2004 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding busi and mabsy. I thought it was weird that you should have to add lemon aswell. If the cream is really good, we don't need to add anything ourselves.

Also, another question, Busi seeing you bought the cream, did the fruit acid cream smell weird? I thought it should've smelt fruity, but it smells off. Now I don't feel happy with the products at all and I only tried it today. But the cream smells off and you have to add lemon.
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I use Godiva Skin Care products and to tell you the truth, I don't put lemon juice to the cream. Perhaps if you will email Godiva Skin Care directly, they may able to answer you with more truth to it. Email:

onlinestore@i-godiva.com or info@godivaskincare.com

Or just click on my signature below, and it will lead you to their website. Good Luck!

Tue May 25, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Suji, fruit acid is only the enzyme extracted from the fruits which is added to the Godiva Cream(which is probably why the Fruit Acid Complex does not have any fruity smell). As the Godiva Company states, Fruit Acid Complex is 100% fragrance free. Therefore, the wierd smell that you are noticing is most likely just the ingredients that are in the cream. However, you may want to contact the Godiva manufacturer directly and ask them why there is a wierd smell in the Fruit Acid Complex.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I saw good reviews on Godiva products in a big long thread in this forum and bought Godiva cream and soap from Naturefana. I did not receive the products until after many weeks when the order had been placed. The lady kept me posted of the problems why it could not be delivered sooner, so it was ok with me.

I also received the insert that says that I need to add lemmon juice in the cream. I have the same suspision as you all. If it is a good product, why do we need to add anything else to it. It is not convenient to have fresh lemmon juice around all the time either. Be very careful. I also heard that lemmon juice would actually make you skin even darker if used for a long period of time. You may see that your skin is lightened up in the beginning, but it will be even darker than your original tone later on.

I have been using the cream since I got the products 3 weeks ago. I have not seen exciting results yet. I have not used the Godiva soap or purchased the papaya soap.

Please let me know if you think the products work for you.

Rose
GodivaInc

Mon May 31, 2004 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

This is to clear once and for all the confusion going on in regarding the adding of lemon juice or specifically using Papaya Soaps together with Godiva Licorice Whitening Cream.

Godiva has NEVER advised nor encouraged its clients to use lemon juice or requiring the use of papaya soaps together with any of its products.

Using Godiva Licorice Whitening Cream alone (without any lemon juice or any other fruits) works well to lighten skin tone as well as skin hyperpigmentations and discolorations. It also already has bioactive Vitamin C for more skin whitening power – which is stable and non-irritating unlike the use or addition of natural fruits that may even make the cream rancid.

For further inquiries regarding Godiva Natural Skin Care products, write to onlinestore@i-godiva.com or at info@godivaskincare.com to get more reliable advises.

Thank you.

Christine
For Godiva Natural Skin Care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification Godivainc. At first I did add lemon juice but like someone mentioned before, I found that my skin went darker. I stopped adding lemon juice but I still haven't seen any results and I've only been using it for almost 2 weeks. I know it's still early but the website did claim that results are visible in 7 days. Maybe I ruined it with the addition of the lemon juice. Well I really do hope it works for me because I don't want to buy the cream for nothing.
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Suji wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Godivainc. At first I did add lemon juice but like someone mentioned before, I found that my skin went darker. I stopped adding lemon juice but I still haven't seen any results and I've only been using it for almost 2 weeks. I know it's still early but the website did claim that results are visible in 7 days. Maybe I ruined it with the addition of the lemon juice. Well I really do hope it works for me because I don't want to buy the cream for nothing.

Hi Suji... I use the cream and I've mentioned earlier, I do not add "lemon juice" and it's not even part of their instruction on their box. However, since that's all over it and you are using it without the juice, I hope that it will clear it up.

As for the 7 days to clear, let me say in my own experience, it took more than 7 days. I'd say 2 to 3 weeks of continous using it. Now what's my results? I've noticed that my pores is a bit finer, my skin soft and supple. One thing also is that, there was this skin portruding out, it's like a mole-like outer skin, maybe from the sun, I don't know really, but it came out by itself. It was there for I don't know how long and just one morning I felt there was something different, it was GONE!!! Then another one is just about to come out, but with the Fruit Acid Revitalizing Cream, it starting to go away or just plainly fading away...

In short, 7 days is a bit exagerated as far as I'm concern, but it works! I'm still using it together with their Green Tea Sunblock on top of it. Patience I guess is the key here. Wish everything is an instant cure or can be done right away, but we must be patience... jmho... Razz

Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Dear Everyone, we started suggesting use of lemon juice with Godiva Licorice Cream when Godiva's original Licorice Cream use to contain only glabridin. However, it has only been awhile since Godiva Manufacturing started adding Vitamin C as an additional skin lightening ingredient in their creams. Therefore, perhaps it is best not to the use lemon juice with the new improved Godiva Licorice Cream.
However, we never meant to insinuate that the Godiva products, alone, do not work well because they do. Our purpose was to provide you with as much assistance as we can for how to best use the products, and according to the feedbacks that we have been receiving from our other clients, use of lemon juice and Likas Papaya Soap appears to work well for better and faster lightening. Therefore, we have been offering advice on use of lemon juice and Likas Papaya Soap as options, not as requirements.
Finally, we never advised that you premix the lemon juice with the Godiva Licorice Cream. Our advice was to add the lemon juice during each application.
From now on for all of our future clients, we will also make sure to supply you with the instructions offered by the Godiva Manufacturing Company. We apologize for any misunderstanding.
Naturefina
busi
5% products discount

Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
THE FRUIT ACID CREAM DID NOT SMELL WEIRD. INSTEAD IT DID NOT SMELL AT ALL.

BUSI
mconstruct

Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Godiva skin care for me, my mother, and my sister $230.00. My mother's face lightened four shades in 10 days. I was shocked, she did not add anything (no lemon juice) to the product. My sister used the underarm skin lightner and it worked in 4 days. After a week her entire body broke out with red bumps all over her body the doctor said she got a severe drug reaction from the Godiva arm deodorant penetrating into her blood stream. I just wanted to lighten the dark circles around my cheeks. After three days my skin was very smooth but then the product broke my face out with at least 30 fine bumps instead and it did not lighten my skin. A one in three odd that the product will work, those odds are no good. The product needs further tests before it damages someone permanently.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |