Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The result of going for demologica facial treatment.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I have a pimple prone skin. So, few months ago i went to this demologica beuty salon. I heard its a good reputable brand. The beutician adviced me to go through unlimited 6 months facial treatment since they are having a promotion there. So i agreed. They asked me to come every week to do the facial treatment. The first week was ok. But the following weeks, my skin is getting WORST!!!! At first i thought that its normal for a few treatments but i think my skin is getting worst. It has been 3 months now. But my skin is still the same except that its more pimple than before i visited the salon. Somebody please help me!! Tell me why this thing is happening to me..i have wasted thousand of dollars for the treatment..!!!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Dear Queen Bee,

I am so sorry that you've had such a bad experience with Dermalogica. I've not tried their products, but it sounds like you should show the salon what is happening with your skin, and ask for your money back for your remaining treatments, and try out some sample packs of other lines that EDS users really enjoy for their acne-prone skins. Zenbiotics is one that many people here seem to really like, for instance. I know that many people who share their information on this site swear by the do-it-yourself (diy) methods of skincare. I would do a search on OCM (oil-cleansing method) and ACV toner (Apple Cider Vinegar toner), since those two diy products are very inexpensive to make and apparently they are very effective in dealing with skin like yours. Also, familiarize yourself with the ingredients in Dermalogica's formulations and when you try new things, try to determine what your skin likes and does not like by comparing and learning. Good luck, and keep us posted with your progress! I am sure that many other EDS users will give you excellent advice.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
When you say that they have you coming in every week for a "treatment" could you tell me what you mean by this. Are they doing a facial weekly or chemical peel? I can't imagine going for weekly treatments of anything for 6 months---that is a long time.

Also there is a chance that you are allergic to one or more of the ingredients in the products they are using. I agree with the other poster that you should ask for the remainder of your money back for the treatments not used. Hope you can get to the bottom of this and your skin heals. Sorry for your troubles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this brand but the quality of the beauticians various. If you are lucky you may meet a professional and excellent aesthetician/beautican who will really give you good advice. Some of them just want to sell the facial package and skincare/cosmetics products to clients rather than providing a good treatment or service.

I had so many facials before and I only met ONE good aesthetician so far. The others are not professional at all. I doubted how they pass the beautican examination.

One time my friend was attracted by the advertisement (C$30 for 1 hr facial)in a beauty salon. It ended up she has wasted money and time over there for that beautician was only a student in that salon and didn't obtain any licence yet. Rolling Eyes
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Yes its facial weekly. I go every week for the facial treatment.But the beutician told me that she had 5 years experience. But i still doubt about it. Sad
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Do you have to go weekly? It's sort of waste. I would rather get a 30 dollar item from EDS to try on rather than taking this kind of risk.
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! Because the thing is that i've already pay in advanced for the whole treatment. But i'm definately going to get my money back!
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes definately ask for a refund of the remaining treatments!!! Let us know how things go!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to add that weekly facials are by far overkill. Monthly facials sound more sane.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |