Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Cellcosmet Purifying Gel Cleanser-New Ingredients!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I just started a new Purifying Gel today and it looks like the ingredients have changed slightly. The new one has glyceryl cocoate instead of glyceryl ethylhexanoate and has sorbitol. There is also a minor chance from oak bark to oak root and a slight change in the order of the parabens. This new version seems to be drying. I imagine that the dry tight feeling could be due to something else but I have never experienced this with the "old" version. It even felt different after I rinsed it off. Has anyone else experienced drying with this cleanser and if so which version? I am really hoping that they didn't turn my beloved Cellcosmet Gel Cleanser into something that will overdry my skin. Mad

Old Ingredinets:Water, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 GlycerylEthylhexanoate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine, French Rose Extract, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita)Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolaimine, Imidazolidnyl Urea, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Nitrate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090)

New Ingredients:Water, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, French Rose Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Oak Root (Quercus) Extract, Carbomer, Triethanolaimine, Imidazolidnyl Urea, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Magnesium Nitrate, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben,FD&C Blue No. 1 (CI 42090)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Theresa, did you get it from EDS? Jeez, I was just about to order it...now I may put a hold. You said it feels different when you rinse it off..in what way? What I loved about it was how easily it rinsed off & left no residue.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Yes I did get it from EDS. My skin felt more on the squeaky clean side with the new version, I could feel it when I was rinsing. It definetly does not leave a residue but the old one didn't either.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Drats!! Don't like the sound of squeaky clean..I like the feel of moisturized but residue- free feeling better. Squeaky clean I can get from a lot of cleansers. Is it irritating at all?

You know, looking at the ingredient list (both versions) makes me cringe..I don't see anything that would warrant the price tag..somehow though I loved the original version.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
marina the cleanser did irritate my skin a little. My face even looked a little red afterwards. However, my skin has been a little irritated the past few days due to some other changes in my routine so I don't really want to single out the cleanser as the cause. But then again the cleanser has never caused any irritation before. Who knows! Maybe my skin is just being a little odd right now and it happens to conincide with using the "new" version of the Cellscomet. I am hoping that this is the reason!!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you should go back to your old routine..just to make sure the cleanser isn't irritating..red dosen't sound good..I know your skin by now! EDS may take it back if they changed ingredients on you & the new is irritating..worth a try. Have you tried the cream cleanser?..Actually I thing I remember this one DID irritate your skin Sad
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
marina I am already back to my regular routine. I only tried the samples becasue I was traveling and I also spent the whole day yesterday outside in the cold so I am hoping that this is the only reason my skin is unhappy. Well I should know in a few days if it is the cleanser or not! You are right about the Cream Cleanser irritating my skin. Rolling Eyes
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure what to make of the ingredient changes. But they don't look too drastic. It seems they just found replacements that carry out the same roles as the previous ingredients. I don't think there should be much difference between the two PEGs. And I think both the bark and the root are antiseptics. Really, they just added sorbitol - a moisturizing ingredient. So the cleanser should be less drying?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wish Cellcosmet would explain the change. Maybe it has to do with having access to those ingredients. They really should have explained.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, because if my new budget constraints (and also because going off chemicals again) I had been looking for months for a replacement for the Cellcosmet Gel cleanser and finally found one recently. It is an Australian brand called A'kin (Purity Cosmetics) and it only cost AU$25 for about 250ml. It is a similar gel consistency and emulsifies nicely with a bit of water before washing off. It will gie a bit of creamy lather when emulsifying (unlike cellcosmet) though I woul dnot call it a foaming cleanser at all. I also fell in love with their cream/balm cleanser too. Now I am glad I found this as I dont think I like the sound of what you are experiening with the ingredient changes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim...do you have a website for A'kin? I keep doing a web search, but the apostrophe is making it difficult...I keep coming up with "next of Kin" "kin search" etc....Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
ww.purist.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim, please do one of your awesome reviews of the A'kin. Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
will do, will do.

I bought a HEAP of their stuff... the 2 cleansers, and also a shampoo, conditioner and body wash for myself. For mum I got their Aloe-Vera based soothing gel (which she is loving) and a body cream for a friend.

In the meantime, there are a couple of reviews of their stuff already:

A great review of the cream cleanser by MajorB:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18179&highlight=akin

Another great review of several products
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13148&highlight=akin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I've read the other reviews. I was just wondering how the gel compares to your OP rose and the Osea.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Tiger_tim...do you have a website for A'kin? I keep doing a web search, but the apostrophe is making it difficult...I keep coming up with "next of Kin" "kin search" etc....Laughing

Paris and other Americanos:
http://www.puristusa.com/product/

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried this cleanser again this morning and I can only conclude that the cleanser itself is overdrying my skin. I really paid attention to how my skin felt after rinsing this off but before drying and it does feel squeaky clean. Then once I dried my skin it just felt tight and I could see the dehydration. I also felt a very mild irritation when I applied the cleanser. I know that the ingredient changes seem minor but somehow this cleanser is different.

I think for now I will stop using the Cellcosmet since the last thing I want to do is further dehydrate my skin. I do have a stash of other cleansers that I can try and I may consider going back to just water.

tiger_tim- I tired a sample the A'kin cleanser that you mention and had actually been considering it as a replacement for the Cellcosmet. I will see how my other clesners work but if none of them wow me then I might end up buying a full size of the A'kin and see what I think.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Theresa, the changes, though rather insignificant it may seem, don't sound good to your sensitive skin. Confused

Anyone who's tried the new version please share your experience too. The news is making me a bit concerned because mine is running out soon and I may switch back to this gel cleanser after the cream one (which is coming). Wink
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the new version yet but probably will need to reorder in the next month or so. I actually like the sound of the changes especially the squeaky clean feeling.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |