Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
HELP! Affordable Skincare program for dry/aging skin!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tadlh7
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I will be turning 33 this year and have never really had a specific skincare program. I have always looked young for my age. I've had people guess me about 10 years younger most of my adult life. however now that I'm approaching my mid 30's I've notice the signs creeping up on me and I want to correct and prevent. I have dry skin but not extremely dry. I use the olay facial clothes and their moisturizer. I really want some advice on good products to cleanse and moisturize but also eye creams since I'm starting to see the signs of crowe's feet. Not to mention I'd like to minimize the past sun damage that is slowly starting to show up.
I have looked into the OBAGI system but it's just beyond my budget at this time. I've also read up on the olay definity and the estee lauder night time repair serums and eye creams.
I am really clueless about most of the brands out there now. Has anyone found anything available in stores that have helped? What are some of your skincare programs that are also affordable?
Thanks so much. I've been lurking for a few days so this is my first post.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
What are you using right now?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well...it sounds like you have very normal skin and when people have guessed you at 10 years younger than your actual age then you are doing something right girl! I have used Olay and I did like the results so I would suggest that you stick with what has been working for you and maybe add and eye cream and anti aging serum. I have had success with the following...
Eye Creams
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Cream. It is very thick but my eyes love it! It also makes your eyelashes lush (over time)

Better Botanicals: Apricot Eye Cream. Its what I'm using right now...its good for moisture but havent noticed any drastic results.

Olay Reginerist: Eye serum...if the line is already working for you.

Serums
I have only really used two "serums"...

Olay Reginerist: Nice texture and it provides a boost of moisture.

Origins: A perfect world. Loved what this did for my skin. Havent used it in years.

Good luck and you have come to the right place for advice.
tadlh7
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
What are you using right now?

I don't have a specific regimen I follow right now but I have been using the olay total effects or regenerist facial cleansing cloths along with the olay regenerist exfoliating skin polisher and the total effects anti blemish moisturizer.

I really need something to help with the sun damage and an eye cream for the fine lines and wrinkles. the only place I'm getting those so far are around my eye area. It's really only apparent when I smile. uggg.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would try a vitamin C serum for anti-aging. Sorry, but I haven't found an eye cream that really blows me away that isn't really expensive.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
I would try a vitamin C serum for anti-aging. Sorry, but I haven't found an eye cream that really blows me away that isn't really expensive.

Thanks. Can you recommend a good vitamin C serum?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Cellular Skin Rx line of products. There C+ Firming serum is quite inexpensive compared to others and it works very well. Plus, they have some good moisturizers and wrinkle-relaxers that are not expensive. Sounds like with a little wrinkle-relaxing help, your crow's feet can be easily treated. The C will help to build up more collagen over the long term and give you a nice even-toned glow to your skin, too. They have a serum with firming and relaxing peptides in it, SuperMax, that is good for taking care of wrinkles and firming the skin. It's a little expensive ($64) but compared to other serums with lots of peptides in them, it's very reasonable. The best thing about their line is that it really does work! So you're not wasting your money. I think samples are available for testing as well. Good luck!
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard really good things about Candy's stuff and it's very reasonably priced. I haven't used it yet. I think the website iswww.candescense.com. Also Skinceuticals is good. Inexpensive moisturizers are organic rose hip see oil and emu oil. My skin may be drier than yours - but I like these two.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wondering if the Multipeptide serum is the same one that they sell at Skincarecentral
http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-anti-aging.html
Looks like it to me and it's cheaper especially with the 20% discount. I remember reading that CSRX's Vit C is also made by Professional Solutions. Is it the same or am I imagining it?
tadlh7
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
thanks betterat40. I will definitely check into this line.
tadlh7
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Well...it sounds like you have very normal skin and when people have guessed you at 10 years younger than your actual age then you are doing something right girl! I have used Olay and I did like the results so I would suggest that you stick with what has been working for you and maybe add and eye cream and anti aging serum. I have had success with the following...
Eye Creams
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Cream. It is very thick but my eyes love it! It also makes your eyelashes lush (over time)

Better Botanicals: Apricot Eye Cream. Its what I'm using right now...its good for moisture but havent noticed any drastic results.

Olay Reginerist: Eye serum...if the line is already working for you.

Serums
I have only really used two "serums"...

Olay Reginerist: Nice texture and it provides a boost of moisture.

Origins: A perfect world. Loved what this did for my skin. Havent used it in years.

Good luck and you have come to the right place for advice.

thanks for the advice. I just recently started using the products so I'm not sure if they are really working but so far nothing has gotten worse. lol.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40, which eye cream/serum do you recommend for someone over 50?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
tadlh7 wrote:
thanks betterat40. I will definitely check into this line.

Hi tad1h7 - I'm with Better at 40 - I just ordered a couple of items from Cellular Skin RX - they get good reviews and their prices are excellent! Another line you might want to take a look at is Pure Skin Formulations (PSF) - they have a terrific line of skincare - again, at relatively reasonable prices. Both of these lines are available here at EDS.
Good luck!
Puds
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
tadlh7 wrote:
salli wrote:

Thanks. Can you recommend a good vitamin C serum?

I'm using Candy's triple-c serum and like it very much.
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
i am having good luck with Avene Ystheal for dry skin ( about 30$) with emu oil for extra moisture
at night, and candessense c,e, ferulic during the day (also about 30$, if memory serves).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

Firstly, please take care to use a good sunscreen daily as a prevention method, if you are not already doing so.

For me, I really love Ice Elements products. Of them all my most favorites are the anti-aging serum and the 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel.

The AA serum is just wonderfully hydrating. It contains hydropol (pharmaceutical grade and double patented aloe vera) as well as antarcticine and tea tree oil. This mix of ingredients is very potent for anti-aging, helping the skin to hold onto the moisture that it does have, increase the moisture and produce collagen.

The 2mm is a very gentle exfoliant gel that also can double as a very hydrating mask that reduces redness of the skin and leaves a very definite glow to the skin.

Adding just those 2 products would be a good move, IMO... however if you are looking to stay in one line the cleanser and moisture lotion would round out the routine beautifully.

All of the products that are sold by Ice Elements are very concentrated, so they last a good long time. They are also making a move to go paraben free with their first paraben free item being released next month as a free preview in a kit offered on HSN, an Edelweiss night cream.

If any of this interests you, you may want to go over to http://iceelements.com and take a peek and perhaps visit the message boards to see if it is for you.

Good luck and take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
IME, the simpler the better and the offshoot of that is that since I am not buying as many products, I am saving a lot of money. I figure I need 4 products for my 40+ skin (but I have yet to add the 4th because I haven't begun researching and experimenting to finding a great vitamin C serum):
* sunscreen
* C serum
* cleansing oil
* retinol

My skin has never looked better and my outlay on skincare has declined substantially in the past year since I've minimized.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend the following lines, which are really not too bad in pricing.

1. Pure Skin Formulations (PSF) (you can buy those here at EDS, great eye creams and masks)
2. A'Kin (Australian line, very gentle and effective cleansers)www.purist.com
3. Naturderm (great exfoliant and moisturizer)www.greatnewskin.com
4. Candessence (excellent source for Vitamin C serum at a good price)www.candessence.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum,this is such a great source of information and everyone is so nice.I am in the anti aging category. Always looking for new and hopefully ,inexpensive products.I like the simple approach too.Candy,and Carekate have very nice products and the EDS selection is so awesome.
I am trying
Rose hip cleanser
Emu and HA moisturizer
glycolic acid once a week
Green Cream at night
I switch around with products,Retin A,DMAE,VitC,sunscreen.
I am currently waiting for a pkg from Candy,I am so excited. Exclamation
Take care,Linda
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I like the Cellular Skin Rx line of products. There C+ Firming serum is quite inexpensive compared to others and it works very well. Plus, they have some good moisturizers and wrinkle-relaxers that are not expensive. Sounds like with a little wrinkle-relaxing help, your crow's feet can be easily treated. The C will help to build up more collagen over the long term and give you a nice even-toned glow to your skin, too. They have a serum with firming and relaxing peptides in it, SuperMax, that is good for taking care of wrinkles and firming the skin. It's a little expensive ($64) but compared to other serums with lots of peptides in them, it's very reasonable. The best thing about their line is that it really does work! So you're not wasting your money. I think samples are available for testing as well. Good luck!

can you (do you) use the supermax under your eyes?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I've been wondering if the Multipeptide serum is the same one that they sell at Skincarecentral
http://www.skincarecentral.biz/skincare-anti-aging.html
Looks like it to me and it's cheaper especially with the 20% discount. I remember reading that CSRX's Vit C is also made by Professional Solutions. Is it the same or am I imagining it?

I always thought they were the same-I remember reading on the skincareboard that CRX was made by professional solutions. But now that I have a closer look, not all ingredients are the same Although Kathleen dosen't list them..she mentions matrixyl 3000 which isn't mentioned on CRX.One says spot treat, the CRX can be applied all over...now I'm confused, too.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
The 30s can be tough and our skin does start to show if you don't do something quick!

I was having a bit of a problem with looking tired around my eyes, and my 11 and nasolabial lines were getting deeper. However I started to make up my own concoction, and it seems my skin likes it. My skin is normal to dry, but more dry than normal. I'm Asian, not sure if you are also Asian. Anyway if you're interested in my concoction, I'd be happy to share the formula. I bought this cream from vitacost and added actives from skinactives, and it does a great job for me.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
You should try a vitamin c serum!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |