Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the mini size of this from EDS for DH to try since he loves these kind of cleansers (pump style that come out as a foam). We had tried the Murad Pomegranate one previously, but even he found that a bit drying.. and also the Shu Uemura Foaming Cleansing Water - but that actually came out the pump as water then you foamed it up in your palm (too much effort for my DH who likes things simple..)

Anyway, back to the review of Caudalie. It comes out as a fairly fine foam, but not the thick creamy type. I applied it to just damp skin (either a quick spritz first or I would swipe a wet hand over my face before application). It did an effective job of cleaning and refreshing my skin, however I doubt it would be much good for make-up removal as I dont think it has the power for that. It is a nice evening cleanse, especially in summer when your face would be a bit sweaty and gunky from humidity, pollution, etc., but I personally would not recommend it as a morning cleanser as it does not seem gentle enough (especially if your skin is a bit on the dry side).

Personally I found it a bit drying for my skin (normal-dry) - even though it was summer - and my face felt a bit tight after use, not stipped, just a bit dry and taught. There is no way I could pass the 15 minute test using this cleanser (wash face, dry and then walk around for 15 mins without having put on any toner/spritz/moisturizer - helps to figure out what kind of skin you have)

DH did not have any complaint with taughtness, but at the same time he did not seem to love it either (did not "wow" him). We ended up using it as a traveling cleanser because the size of the bottle was convenient. I would probably recommend this for normal skin in summer and oiler skin any season (for very oily skin it might even be OK for morning cleansing).

So, next on the list will be the Naturderm Lavender foaming cleanser which I believe comes out the pump as a foam... if anyone knows of any other gentle/natural brands with a cleanser that comes out the pump in a foam, please do let me know!

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Water * Glycerin* Sodium Lauroamphoacetate Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate* Cocamidopropyl Betainamide Mea Chloride* Sodium Chloride Laureth-16th* Parfum (fragrance) Butylene Glycol Trisodium Edta Citric Acid * Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract* Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract * Citronellol Butylphenyl Methylpropional Linalool

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I liked the scrub but like other cleansers so I wasn't leaning towards getting this cleanser. I'm also not fond of the dispenser/foam cleansers.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't even pronounce those ingredients let alone understand them. Can I assume they are natural or are they the good chemicals?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
well, to be 100% honest, when I got it and looked at the ingredients I knew I would not be buying a full size even if he liked it. Butylene Glycol was the first flag as I avoid that whereeever and whenever possible.

But what about "Sodium Chloride Laureth-16th" ? what on earth is that? I always thought anything called "Laureth" was bad news...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim I was curious about the Sodium Chloride Laureth-16th so I looked up the ingredients for the cleanser at DermStore and it is actually sodium chloride, laureth-16. So it is two seperate ingredients.

bushy none of the detergents in this product are "natural", they are all chemicals. As to whether they are good or not that is open to debate. I haven't looked any of them up to see if they are gentle cleansers or not but the sheer number of them and the fact that tiger says this cleanser is drying does not make me want to even try this. Also, back to the topic of preservatives that we have been discussing in your other thread. Does anyone know if the preservatives that Caudalie uses are truly effective? Or for that matter what are the preservatives in this product? Confused
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim, thanks for the review! I actually just bought this cleanser to travel with, but I haven't actually tested it yet. I bought it because it seemed at least somewhat similar to the Triple Lavender Face Foam which, as I recently discovered, is my HG face wash. However, the bottle is not-so travel friendly, so when DH and I traveled for the holidays I just brought a small bottle of Ice Element's Cleansing Gel. While it didn't dry us out too badly, our skin didn't look as good as when we use the face foam, so my search has continued. I'll let you guys know what we think of Caudalie's cleanser, but in the meantime, I HIGHLY recommend the Lavender Face Foam!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I would imagine that they are using Citronellol and Linalool as preservatives, but I have no idea how effective they would be...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim the citronellol and linalool are components of essential oils. I do know that certain essential oils can be used as preservatives but the quantity needed to be effective would probably be very irritating. I am guessing that these are not functioning as preservatives.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I think this cleanser may be preservative free. The cocamidopropyl betainamide MEA chloride is an emulsifier with anti-microbial properties.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I do not like to use products that don't have a small amount of a recognised preservative. Even the inclusion of an ingredient that is anti-microbial would not be sufficient.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't impressed by this cleanser either. I bought the travel size for...ugh...travelling...but have tried it out at home too. Anyways - it dried me out immediately and I didn't feel clean or comfortable regardless of country and water...

Ended up giving it away...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I've had this cleanser for more than a month now and have used it a bit while traveling, so I thought it's time for an update. I'm actually SO glad that I bought this cleanser! When I brought IE's gel cleanser with me over the holidays my skin was NOT happy and I ended up getting some break outs, so I worried about the same thing happening when I traveled recently and brought Caudalie's Instant Foaming Cleanser with me, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. My skin tends to dry out when I travel thanks to dry airplane air, hotel room air, etc, but it also tends to break out because of stress and whatnot. However, during my most recent trip my skin did NOT become overly dry (as a matter of fact after I washed my face I noticed it was very soft), and I didn't break out either. This cleanser is very pleasant to use. It removes makeup but is still quite mild, and it has a nice refreshing fragrance. I still prefer my HG Triple Lavender Face Foam from Naturderm for daily use, but Caudalie's Instant Foaming Cleanser is a close second and is great to have for traveling, IMO.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:38 am      Reply with quote
The only reason I love this product is its refreshing scent.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Is it PH 5.5? I like very gentle cleanser because my acne red skin.
lonestar
5% products discount

Tue May 08, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this for about a month and I have to say I also love it! It has faded some old acne scars and has put an overall glow on my face! It wasn't until people started commenting on how good my face looked did I realize that the acne scars have faded..only a few left to go!! I also follow with the Cleansing water at night only and it takes everything left over that the cleanser didn't remove away!!! Love it!!
Ciboulette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Works great.Makes my skin feel clean but not stripped. Nice scent.
syf

Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I have been using it for about a week, it smells like watermelon, but i am now breaking out... Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |