Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

People critisizing your skin condition. What will you do?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Hmm.. My skin condition is not that bad. Yes, i have blemishes and pimples on my face but i'm optimistic and am always find solutions to my skin problem. But i wonder, why everytime i go to the drug store, the sales girl will offer me to try a new medicine, cream, etc. She even say it out loud, i mean loud enough to let the whole store knows about my skin problem. And people was like looking at me like i'm a freak. Well i'm always experience the same situation whenever i'm in the drug stores or in the shopping mall near beauty parlour. This type of situation really brings myself down. I started to have a low self confident and i'm sick of it. I stay at home a lot nowdays except when i have to attend my lecture classes.... Is there anybody else in this forum has experience the same situation like mine? What will you do about it?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Slap them! Who do they think they are Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I would just say something rude back like 'wow your nose reminds me of Barry Manilow' Or look for something else to pick on, like sticky out ears. Make it up if they look perfect. Thats my mature way of dealing with bitches.

Don't let them get you down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Queen Bee. I'd politely say, "Goodness, that's innappropriate of you." Definitely, don't buy something from them. That's just so rude!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - that is horrible - poor thing.
You're in the right place here to have excellent advice on skincare.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Slap them! Who do they think they are Shock

Seriously!

Before she can get one word out of her mouth just say "I dont want anything". If she is persistent ask to speak to a manager.

Its one of two things 1)She is jealous or 2)She has some sort of sales quota to meet and is shoving products at people.

Either way dont let it bother you.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would speak to the manager; she's just rude. Mad
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tell her a "your momma so ugly" joke.
"Your momma so ugly she looks like her face caught on fire and they had to put it out with a fork"
That'll do it.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I would very firmly tell her in a slightly raised voice - "Thank yo so much, but at the moment I am quite happy with my skincare routine. If I need an advice in the future I would know where to find you."

Also, do not let it bother you. She is probably just trying to earn her comissions, and thinks you can easily be convinced to buy something.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I would just say something rude back like 'wow your nose reminds me of Barry Manilow' Or look for something else to pick on, like sticky out ears. Make it up if they look perfect. Thats my mature way of dealing with bitches.

Don't let them get you down.

Queen Bee - Loopylori gave you great advice!!! Don't let this woman get you down - I think we've all run into "know-it-all-social-clod" people (in sales and NOT in sales)...Some people are just insensitive clods....Take solice in the knowledge that you recognize how that type of behaviour could hurt a person's feelings (you are obviously a kind person)..and that you would never conduct yourself in that way....But most of all, listen to what Loopy said to do to the b#tches! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OMG, Loopy Lori - I laughed out loud at the Barry Manilow thing!!!!!
Pudoodles
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are hilarious! Laughing rofl

Not long ago a salesperson wanted to show me a "fantastic" cream for my neck. Several ladies at the counter turned and looked at me. Embarassed I told her "Let's see what YOUR neck looks like when you're pushing 70 if it already looks like that!" Her eyes got real big and I could see everyone nearby examining my face and neck.

Well, of course I'm not 70. But, still and all! And, if they believed me......great!

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Queen Bee wrote:
Hmm.. My skin condition is not that bad. Yes, i have blemishes and pimples on my face but i'm optimistic and am always find solutions to my skin problem. But i wonder, why everytime i go to the drug store, the sales girl will offer me to try a new medicine, cream, etc. She even say it out loud, i mean loud enough to let the whole store knows about my skin problem. And people was like looking at me like i'm a freak. Well i'm always experience the same situation whenever i'm in the drug stores or in the shopping mall near beauty parlour. This type of situation really brings myself down. I started to have a low self confident and i'm sick of it. I stay at home a lot nowdays except when i have to attend my lecture classes.... Is there anybody else in this forum has experience the same situation like mine? What will you do about it?

I have a button that says "You're stupid and your Mother dresses you funny!" A friend gave it to me and it cracks me up.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can top that one. As I've mentioned before, I'm photosensitive to the sun. Well, one way it showed itself was when I was younger my skin was very fragile. It cut very easily and scarred. I have light scarring on the inside of my arm. My co-worker and I needed to get our tb tests done. When we went to the district Medical Center he went to one room, I went to the other. He came and stood for me, while my nurse got everything ready. Right infront of my co-worker she said, "Oh, you we're a cutter, huh?" Shock I couldn't believe she said that! To top it off infront of my co-worker!
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the fantastic advice everyone! When i think of it, 'her nose did look like Barry Manilow' Laughing . Well thanks again. I feel soo much better now. I'll try to say that to her next time. Wink
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
You could always use my new favorite quote, said none other by our own dear Arielle in "A Rant About Shopping" thread

Arielle wrote:
"I think you have our relationship confused. I'm profit, you're overhead."

I'm storing this one for later.
Thanks for that one, Ari!

5% products discount

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well that's a very good one Arielle! I can't stop laughing. I feel like going there again and say that to her now!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
shhhhhh, you two. You have me shaking with laughter and DH is trying to sleep.

You're very welcome, Paris. Feel free, Queenie. Cool

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
I think alot of people just don't think before they speak. While its dumb and annoying, I don't think most of them are trying to be malicious. What I do have a problem with are sales ladies trying to educate me about skin stuff when I know alot more than them. All they're really doing is regurgetating jargon from a sales manual. They're counting on your insecurities to sell you crap.
Queen Bee
5% products discount

Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Exactly! They just said the same thing. Like 'I think you should try our product, its dermotologist tested...bla bla bla....I use it twice a day and waalah look at my skin'. Bitch! And then they start to compare my skin with theirs. Whatever!! We know our skin better, and we even know what kind of product suits us well. I really hope that the sales girl that i met read about this topic in this forum. Mad
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Queen Bee wrote:
Exactly! They just said the same thing. Like 'I think you should try our product, its dermotologist tested...bla bla bla....I use it twice a day and waalah look at my skin'. Bitch! And then they start to compare my skin with theirs. Whatever!! We know our skin better, and we even know what kind of product suits us well. I really hope that the sales girl that i met read about this topic in this forum. Mad

What is hilarious is when she is about 28 years old and can look a 50-year old straight in the eye and say that! Makes you want to ask if her mom uses it and can mom come by so we can meet?

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Ignore them completely, they do not exist.Your power is that you can completely remove them from your reality because you choose to do so.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Something like this would come out of my mouth:

"Oh! I thought they trained you little salespeople not to be offensive when suggestively selling skincare."

You also gotta look down your nose. Lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lots of great advice & one liners here. I am going to memorise them for when I need to crush the inflated ego of a thoughtless salesperson. Shame on you

I always feel superior to most of them anyway now that I know about ingredients & what does what. I just think yeah baby you're about 10 years behind me in knowledge. Speak to the hand

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
"Oh! I thought they trained you little salespeople not to be offensive when suggestively selling skincare."

i'd say something similar to that.. laltely i have been met by rude sales people and i just ignore them or if they really offend me i say something like "you know what i really dont appreciate your attitude, i also work in customer service and your attitude is appauling/disgusting"
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Don't let her get to you. Tell her that her sales skill sucks, if she continue to do so, she should consider switching job.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |