Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

American idol
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Don't miss the 2-day, 4 hour season premiere beginning tonight! last season i really loved Katharine McPhee!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! Thanks for reminding! I forgot it was starting tonight and wouldn't want to miss it. The initial shows are the best with the auditions!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gracedhy. This show is so addicting.Last year I was blown away by Katherine McPhee & Paris (goodness, already forgot her last name.)There was also an adorable 16 year old I noticed that got on the show. Very excited for tonight. Apparently, there are no front runners.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi Gracedhy. This show is so addicting.Last year I was blown away by Katherine McPhee & Paris (goodness, already forgot her last name.)There was also an adorable 16 year old I noticed that got on the show. Very excited for tonight. Apparently, there are no front runners.

that 16 year old was Lisa, dont know her last name either.
you know how crazy i was, even though i am in canada, i voted for Kat through internet!!! Laughing
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I watch this too!!! The early shows are the funniest so I'm really looking forward to it..There will surely be more than a few hilarious auditions tonight! This will be a fun thread to read and the show goes on!
Pudoodles
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I totally can't wait for the first episode!!! Last season my fave was Ayla--- I couldn't believe she got booted so early on!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
OUCH!!!!! The poor Jewel-wannabee girl!!!! YIKES - she fell apart!!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
OUCH!!!!! The poor Jewel-wannabee girl!!!! YIKES - she fell apart!!

BAWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Im sorry I dont want to be rude but sheesh, get it together!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes, LISA! She was amazing & only 16 years old. I work with someone who went to highschool with Katherine McPhee. It made it even more fun having a distant connection. He could not say enough wonderful things about her. I can't imagine going to that highschool, lots of celebs - Katherine, Kirsten Dunst, Rachael Bilson. Nice to know Katherine was as lovely on the outside as on the inside.
I guess Dianna Ross told David Letterman she was going to be a guest judge this season. I've also heard rumours that McCartney might be on. I would spin off the planet if McCartney were on. I'd have to at least try to go to the taping.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Oh yes, LISA! She was amazing & only 16 years old. I work with someone who went to highschool with Katherine McPhee. It made it even more fun having a distant connection. He could not say enough wonderful things about her. I can't imagine going to that highschool, lots of celebs - Katherine, Kirsten Dunst, Rachael Bilson. Nice to know Katherine was as lovely on the outside as on the inside.

How surreal that must be for him now. I went to elementary school with LeighAnn Rimes, needless to say she won every talent show!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
You know what I can't understand? How, when someone is obviously not talented as a singer, that they INSIST they are fabulous! Can't people hear themselves sing? It's kinda funny when people just can't understand why they can't go through to the next round!

BTW ... each time I see Paula now I can't help thinking she's out of it. Smile
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't watch AI last season, but my 12 y.o. neice was a huge Ayla Brown fan (she's from around here..Mass.) After she was voted off, Ayla did a few shows and appearances around the area and my sister asked her if she would come to my neice's b'day party as a surprise. She was really sweet (and very tall!)..she showed up with her dad and stayed awhile talking with the girls and gave them each an autographed pic!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just to show how up to date Oz is (not) we are currently watching your 2006 American Idol. I actually prefer the American judges to the Australian judges, particularly Simon but Paula seems to be getting very waffly with her comments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
You know what I can't understand? How, when someone is obviously not talented as a singer, that they INSIST they are fabulous! Can't people hear themselves sing? It's kinda funny when people just can't understand why they can't go through to the next round!

i dont get it either. i can even sing better than some of those people. Bad Grin but i guess they realized they are on national TV and they have to act like that!

Paula was very quiet last night, a bit surprising but not a bad thing!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Moonstarr wrote:

i dont get it either. i can even sing better than some of those people. Bad Grin but i guess they realized they are on national TV and they have to act like that!

Paula was very quiet last night, a bit surprising but not a bad thing!

Yes! Paula was pretty quiet...I get a real kick out of some of Simon's facial expressions...I can't help liking him a bit...(but then again I LOVE Hugh Laurie's character on "House"!!!)....What the heck was with Jewel last night?!?! Eh-hem, I mean "Princess Jewel" - I found her to be entirely pretentious and annoying..WAY to self-aware for my liking....I mean REALLY...get over yourself! On another note: I'll bet that some of these contestants who see themselves "after the fact" blubbering and crying on international TV feeling like killing themselves!! It is sometimes too painful to watch!
Puds
pudoodles
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Just to show how up to date Oz is (not) we are currently watching your 2006 American Idol. I actually prefer the American judges to the Australian judges, particularly Simon but Paula seems to be getting very waffly with her comments.

You would think that with modern technology that the current AI would be able to be broadcasted there! Rolling Eyes

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if they screen before people go in to Simon, Randy and Paula. 9,000 people would be horrible to have to listen to within a few days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:

I was thinking something along these lines when I was watching it too.

I swear some of the participants are hired actors to create more drama on AI.... but then again, there really are people like that out there in our world.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:

I wonder the same thing, Moonstarr...can they honestly not hear themselves? I think sometimes their insistence on believing that they are hugely talented is due to their family and friends. Of course, these people love them and want to encourage them...which is very nice. But how can you tell someone that sings like a cat being attacked with a lawnmower that they are the second coming of Celine Dion? I dunno...I always encourage anyone to go for their dreams, but...yipe! Some of these folks are seriously tone deaf... Shock

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
like the two friends showed up last night, insisting they are the next american idol. be real people!
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
But how can you tell someone that sings like a cat being attacked with a lawnmower that they are the second coming of Celine Dion?

Laughing !!!
(but you aren't specifically refering to the 16 year old gal that sang the Celine Dion song, are you? Cause I thought she wasn't too bad... maybe needs some professional lessons etc but compared to many at the audition has a lot of potential.)

You would seriously think that if someone truly loved you and cared about you that they would stop you from making a fool out of yourself!

My heart breaks though when I see the judges (ha-hem, Simon) basically making fun of these people who really believe in themselves. Especially when Simon attacks their physical appearance. I would think that AI would want to maintain a level of professionalism by only critiquing singing (I realize that physical appearance plays a large part in how sucessful someone is b/c a lot of it's about presentation but still...). You have to admit though that the entertainment industry goes to great lengths to create DrAmA. Ya know what I mean?

Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Mary H. wrote:
But how can you tell someone that sings like a cat being attacked with a lawnmower that they are the second coming of Celine Dion?

Laughing !!!
(but you aren't specifically refering to the 16 year old gal that sang the Celine Dion song, are you? Cause I thought she wasn't too bad... maybe needs some professional lessons etc but compared to many at the audition has a lot of potential.)

You would seriously think that if someone truly loved you and cared about you that they would stop you from making a fool out of yourself!

My heart breaks though when I see the judges (ha-hem, Simon) basically making fun of these people who really believe in themselves. Especially when Simon attacks their physical appearance. I would think that AI would want to maintain a level of professionalism by only critiquing singing (I realize that physical appearance plays a large part in how sucessful someone is b/c a lot of it's about presentation but still...). You have to admit though that the entertainment industry goes to great lengths to create DrAmA. Ya know what I mean?

Hey Amnis!

LOL... Laughing No...I wasn't actually referring to that girl specifically! Laughing I agree...she wasn't nearly as atrocious as some of the other contestants.

And while sometimes Simon's snarky comments can be entertaining, I do agree with you that it's kind of sad for the contestants when he zeroes in on their physical appearance. But like you said, you gotta have the drama...and they sure do work to create it!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think some of Simons (and some of the other ones) comments about people's appearance are horrible. Like last night when he told that one guy he looked like a monkey?! It's one thing to say "you don't have what it takes as a singer in this competition", but to attack people's appearance like that? I have to admit I giggle at some of the auditions and some of the judges comments, but listening to some of the things they say really goes over the line and I'm just left there with my mouth hanging open. Shock You have to have a thick skin to go on that show.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
One of the judges on Australian Idol is very quick to criticise dress, shape or size. eg "lose the jelly belly before the next episode" and "you need to cover up the tuckshop arms".

I edited this to add one more comment that was a classic where last year's winner was told in his audition that he had a great voice but was too "butt ugly" to win. Just goes to show! Actually I and many others think his looks are appealing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Am I the only one that doesn't like American Idol? I know towards the end, there's actually a decent competition going on, but I just couldn't get into it even in the first season.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |