Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Pampered Chef stuff?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
One of my best friends is having a Pampered Chef party and I am going to go. For PC fans, please tell me the best stuff that I should consider buying. I was thinking of a pizza stone and the set of paring knives. Anything else new/cool that I should think about?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
This is so weird that this topic came up today. My Pampered Chef spatula bit the dust while making my last batch of Christmas toffee in December. While cooking dinner tonight I used my replacement spatula (not Pampered Chef) for the first time. Needless to say I will use it to mix paint. Right after dinner I looked in our phone book to see if there was a listing for PC. No listing so I thought I would check out ebay. The PC spatula is expensive compared to others but I can't live without it. I have probably made at least 200 batches of toffee with it and am so glad I was able to finish this years before it died.

I have the pizza stone as well and use in on my bar-b-que in the summer. Cooks divine pizza and would probably do bread as well.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard of a Pampered Chef party. What exactly is it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Pampered Chef makes different sorts of cookware and kitchen tools. The items tend to be a bit pricey, but IME are good quality and worth it if you buy what you like and know you will use. I would not seek someone out to buy PC stuff unless I knew them and that they were selling or having a party.

Frodo -- thanks for mentioning the spatula. I have one large one (love it!) and a mini spat. I use the mini a lot more so want to get another.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
They're higher end kitchenware that is sold much like Tupperware (used to be, don't know if they still have Tupperware parties), Avon etc.

You as the 'hostess' would invite family, friends,neighbors. A consultant from the company comes and gives demonstrations of the products - often by making little snacks or side dishes for all to sample. It's alot of fun but can get expensive.

I've been to many Pampered Chef parties and couldn't be without my pizza stone, spatulas & especially my apple corer/peeler machine. Has saved me hours in the kitchen in the fall when after apple picking I make lots of apple pies & Kuken.

Here's a link to the company which appears to be world-wide. I highly recommend the products.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/

bushy wrote:
I have never heard of a Pampered Chef party. What exactly is it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I love Pampered Chef, especially the stone bakeware. I have the ones with the cranberry color glaze on the outside. I have the big 10 x 13 and it makes the best lasagna. Have fun! Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh that's right!! My lasagna pan!! Oh - a definite MUST have!!

Racecargirl wrote:
I love Pampered Chef, especially the stone bakeware. I have the ones with the cranberry color glaze on the outside. I have the big 10 x 13 and it makes the best lasagna. Have fun! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Be careful, I went to a tupperware party and ended up spending over $100! complete group hysteria, brillant marketing.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Candy. It looks like it is only available in USA, Canada, UK and Holland. They certainly do have some interesting items and I can understand why it is popular.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I went to one of these parties years ago and bought a few things. I think my favourite purchase was a plastic microwave pot with a lid that had holes in it (for microwaving veggies and then you can just tip it upside down and the water streams out) ... it has saved me many times from accidently dumping the veggies in the sink! I also had bought a cheese grater which seemed like a great idea at the time, but I have rarely used it and this measuring cup thing that is a tube and once measured, you can just push it out of the tube really easily (without having to scoop it out) ... never used that much either, but it seemed like a great idea!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Why is it that I see at least a dozen things on this website that I now feel I absolutely must have in my kitchen - and I hardly ever cook?!?!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I love pampered chef products! A lady at our church sells it so I just call her up when I want something. I'm not the home party type.

My favorite is the easy read measuring cups which allows you to see the printed measurements from above.

-Cheri
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
DH wants me to get the rice cooker for him. He's a big rice fan. Not sure why this rice cooker thing is such a good thing though.

I am trying to justify the PC pizza stone price. Is theirs that much better than generic pizza stones? Not doing the rack that can go with it.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up getting:
* microwave rice cooker
* mini spatulas
* paring knife set
* garlic press
* pie cutter
* jar opener

Ended up being stuff I needed anyway. I held off on the pizza stone because it was the same size as the generic one I already own, and the one I have is just starting to get nicely "seasoned" as they say. Wink
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
DH wants me to get the rice cooker for him. He's a big rice fan. Not sure why this rice cooker thing is such a good thing though.

I am trying to justify the PC pizza stone price. Is theirs that much better than generic pizza stones? Not doing the rack that can go with it.

The pizza stone by pampered chef is awesome! I loove it. It bakes beautifully. Do not try to make a giant cookie on it though... it will overflow lol... still delicious though. You can use the pizza stone for reg cookies. Just don't put them too close to the edge. So it is multi purpose. I have never had a cheaper stone so I can't compare the two.

I also have a chopper. Eh. I have mixed feelings about it. I think it is a pain to clean (my dishwasher never gets it clean) and it has problems cutting through skins of green peppers etc.

The apple slicer I love. It makes me eat more apples. Can't knock that. I also love my mini spatula. It rocks.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Never go to a Pampered Chef "Martini Party" I purchased many items and I still do'nt know what they are for! I made it up by having a rum punch party combining all, eg. Pampered Chef, Candles etc. I never use the baking stone, I gave away the tube measuring cup (what a pain) The cheese grater was awkward to use. The little paring knives are great as is the vegetable peeler(the best!) I've heard many raves about the spatula. Quite expensive.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
In the summer I use my pizza stone in the bar-b-que to cook pizza. Love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
That is so funny! I only drank iced tea last night, so I was a fully consenting buyer. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |