Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
A Miracle! My ugly spider vein is vanishing rapidly
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like spam I know, but it's true.

I've had it for two years, sitting ugly and conspicuous on the bridge of my nose. It's one of those real spidery ones with a body and legs too. I've been seriously considering IPL or the Baby Quasar but Saturday I noticed it wasn't shouting for attention any more and I could hide it with a little bit of MMU rather than a great smear of JI's Disappear.

I don't think the spider vein itself has healed up because I would expect it to turn purple and black first. It's more that there's new skin covering it.

My only problem now is trying to work out what is making this vanish and continue with it. It's even improved since Saturday.

I've been playing a lot since Christmas;

I've recently tried or added

Candessences Vit C+Ferulic
Matrixyl firming serum
DMAE serum
(for about 10 days after Christmas)

PSFs Berry Beneficial (continually - I'm on my second bottle)

Samples of Skinmedica Vit C and ISC Super Serum (just a few days each)

Vivant's Exfol A - 2/3 nights a week for the past two weeks

A half face test of Supercop cream (extended from a month's patch test) but only this area for the past week.

I wonder if it could be any of them or my change of environment and diet (moved back from China to UK just over 2 months ago) Confused If it returns I'll be really fed up.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
If you manage to work out which product is helping it to go away, I'd love to know! I have quite a few small red squiggles on my nose and cheeks I'd love to get rid of without having to go under the laser (ouch!!). I do have to say that I have noticed them fade a bit since I started using the Baby Quasar, which is great, but they definitely need extra help to go away completely.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
oh Molly, PLEASE keep us updated... I have them all around my nose and mouth, and they are extremely tenacious, I've had them all my life. New ones visit me every once in a while. I actually think that vitamin c exacerbates them, or at least makes them show up more, as well as AHAs. Let us know what your 'findings' are!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly - I noticed recently you said you were backing off acids, presumably the mandelic and retinoids you've been using? If this is the case, I wonder if it's more an instance of what you're NOT using than what you ARE using?

I've backed off acids myself over time, and seem to use them more sporadically than regularly these days, depending on the current condition of my skin. I guess you could say I use them "as needed". And I've noticed my skin seems thicker this way. The only products I use daily right now are Vit.C and sunscreen.
hanzawasama
5% products discount

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
could it be the candessence C,E,Ferulic?
I've noticed that my broken caps have diminished lately, too. I change my skin care routine so much, it is hard to tell what is working Rolling Eyes , but something sure is- and the candessence is on both of our lists.
i also use:
baby quasar( since september)
avene ystheal,
emu oil,
sea kelp bioferment
( the avene, candessence and sea kelp have all been added within the last 6 weeks- and my skin is looking really moist and clear)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Just posted my success re broken caps and rosehip seed oil (working and working fast!):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15064&start=125
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
My first post, hope I do it right.
Just curious: if you have a spider vein you don't like, why not have a dermatologist remove it with laser? It's not a big deal. (Yes, it might come back, but not for a year or two, in my experience).
I only wish I could have the ones on my eyelids removed that way.
thanks.

Molly wrote:

I've had it for two years, sitting ugly and conspicuous on the bridge of my nose. It's one of those real spidery ones with a body and legs too. I've been seriously considering IPL or the Baby Quasar but Saturday I noticed it wasn't shouting for attention any more and I could hide it with a little bit of MMU rather than a great smear of JI's Disappear.

I don't think the spider vein itself has healed up because I would expect it to turn purple and black first. It's more that there's new skin covering it.

My only problem now is trying to work out what is making this vanish and continue with it. It's even improved since Saturday.

Matrixyl firming serum
DMAE serum

A half face test of Supercop cream (extended from a month's patch test) but only this area for the past week.

I wonder if it could be any of them or my change of environment and diet (moved back from China to UK just over 2 months ago) Confused If it returns I'll be really fed up.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Molly ditto to what everyone else is asking. If you find out what it is, please let us know.

I've developed them around my nose just recently, too scared to try out laser zapping and I'm tired of concealer.

Would love to know.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I have done a somewhat naughty thing to broken caps on my nose in the past - punctured them slightly with a pin and squeezed out the blood (sounds gross but it is a very minute amount). Bingo, the red vein disappears instantly - have done it twice so far. Easiest to do on the nose since the skin is so thin - didn't want to try this on the side of my nose (inbetween cheek and nose) because skin is thicker and didn't want to make a big mess.

Told a friend about this and she tried it herself and it worked for her too.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Shock Really?? I had never heard of someone doing this. How far down are you 'puncturing'??
What marks (if any) are left behind afterward?

oriana808 wrote:
I have done a somewhat naughty thing to broken caps on my nose in the past - punctured them slightly with a pin and squeezed out the blood (sounds gross but it is a very minute amount). Bingo, the red vein disappears instantly - have done it twice so far. Easiest to do on the nose since the skin is so thin - didn't want to try this on the side of my nose (inbetween cheek and nose) because skin is thicker and didn't want to make a big mess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Matrixyl firming serum
DMAE serum

Congratulations on your success Molly! Smile

I've got one on my nose too, that I'd love to make disappear. I'm throwing everything I can think of at it. Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm SO tempted to try popping it now!

Anyone else done this successfully?
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Shock Really?? I had never heard of someone doing this. How far down are you 'puncturing'??

oriana808 wrote:

Yeah really, it's true Embarassed Smile The first time I did it was around 2000, didn't know anything about skin care products at the time... so I'm looking at this new red vein on my nose and wondering if I can eliminate it. It made logical sense to me that it was just a bit of blood near the surface of the skin. Took an ordinary pin and just made a wee puncture - the thing is you have to hit it on the vein (can be tricky) and just enough to break the skin. I was lucky both times I did it - got the vein on first try. Didn't leave any scars or marks - the pin prick is so tiny (my pores are bigger!). Feel a bit embarassed admitting this in public but the thing is, it worked like a charm.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
I have it around my eye. Kinda afraid to puncture it
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
That could cause serious injury, one slip of the hand... wouldn't recommend it. In fact, I don't want to be responsible for anyone damaging themselves! If you decide to take the chance, please do so at your own risk. And I personally would only do it on the nose, the skin is thin there so it's easier.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
No shame needed. I guess I'm really just more surprised if it's that easy why more haven't done it (hmmm, or admitted to it, lol)

oriana808 wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

oriana808 wrote:

Yeah really, it's true Embarassed Smile The first time I did it was around 2000, didn't know anything about skin care products at the time... so I'm looking at this new red vein on my nose and wondering if I can eliminate it. It made logical sense to me that it was just a bit of blood near the surface of the skin. Took an ordinary pin and just made a wee puncture - the thing is you have to hit it on the vein (can be tricky) and just enough to break the skin. I was lucky both times I did it - got the vein on first try. Didn't leave any scars or marks - the pin prick is so tiny (my pores are bigger!). Feel a bit embarassed admitting this in public but the thing is, it worked like a charm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
Hi Molly - I noticed recently you said you were backing off acids, presumably the mandelic and retinoids you've been using? If this is the case, I wonder if it's more an instance of what you're NOT using than what you ARE using?

It's a good theory m.april except I wasn't using acids nor retinoids the first year it appeared. I was using Epidermx but infrequently and avoiding the spider. I generally do avoid it with acids anyhow just to be on the safe side. I've upped my retinaldehyde use in the past couple of months to almost nightly.

I don't think it can be the C because I've used C and C+E serums more often than not in the past two years, unless Ferulic is the big difference.

Jakee - we don't really have derms here unless you're a millionaire or have some serious skin disease. I don't like the loss of control especially since my one such experience with collagen injections around my eyes was not a good one - still have a small scar from that.

Strange thing is the ones on my nostrils don't seem to have faded or maybe just a little on the Supercop side. At least if they go and the ones on the other side don't I'll know. Though I think it's too quick.

If I had a better idea of how long it took to form new collagen I'd have a better chance of guessing which product, but answers to that seem very variable.

I don't think I could face sticking pins in myself, but it's an interesting idea - thanks Oriana.

Anyway I'll keep you posted if I work out what it is and might post photos if I can find an old one - it really is quite a dramatic difference. I'm very pleased Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:
Just posted my success re broken caps and rosehip seed oil (working and working fast!):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15064&start=125

Interesting about the rosehip oil too - just looked at your thread.

That's also something new I added in November, but then discarded. Then the Candessence firming serum (matrixyl) also seems to have a lot of it which is the main reason I gave that serum up too.

It's an oil I seriously dislike; it makes me look dark pink with a hint of brown and doesn't absorb well for me - still it could be that.

I wonder Confused
valkyrie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've had a spider vein on the bridge of my nose for years too, and it was always hard to cover up. I'd have to use cream concealer and then MMU to cover it completely. I've been using Mountain Rose Herbs rose facial oil for a few weeks now, and while the spider vein is still visible, for some reason it's much easier to cover up! Just a bit of MMU is enough. The main ingredient of the facial oil is rosehip oil, so I'm guessing pure rosehip oil would work even better Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
valkyrie wrote:
I've been using Mountain Rose Herbs rose facial oil for a few weeks now, and while the spider vein is still visible, for some reason it's much easier to cover up! Just a bit of MMU is enough.

Maybe that's because you're pinker all over from the oil like me. Wink

After thinking about it I don't think it can be the rosehip in my case. I didn't see anything good happening with it at the time and I discarded it after two weeks then a gap then a few days of the Candessence serum but all the vanishing has happened in the past few days with no rosehip oil.
cecelia
5% products discount

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, I read this thread and saw the recommendation for rosehip oil and thought I'd give it a whirl on some of the broken capillaries I have around my nose.

Imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror to apply it and they are gone??!! Very Happy I still have one more on one side of my nose, but the ones that were really bad have disappeared in the last 2-3 months since I've discovered EDS and started revamping my routine.

The only products I've been extremely consistent about using are the Dr. H CC and CM and the HA/emu oil combination. I also frequently add a couple of drops of avacado oil to this. I've used the Ystheal creme but probably only 2-3x a week on average.

I did use a vit C/E/F product but had problems with the pump so I only ended up using it a couple of times.

I was also using the JB green apple peel for sensitive skin about once a week for a month but had to stop because my skin was getting too sensitive. I've also tried a few samples -- PSF pumpkin and the ice elements peel. I usually apply one of these about once a week.

I'm not sure what has made the difference, but thought I'd add my regimen in there to see if we can find a common thread. Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Here's this morning's hunch Idea What we have in common is Vitamin A, which is something I haven't used before only it's derivatives. Maybe you get some effect with just the rosehip oil but I need something stronger. My spider looks at it's very best after my Exfol A nights. So I'm going to use Exfol A daytime on my non-supercopped nostril and see if they fade fastest.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Molly, since you are on your 2nd bottle ofBerry Beneficial, can you do a detailed review?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Sure Tiger-Tim, I'd love to.........later today maybe. Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
i used vk cream for the spider vein,but no any positive effects Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |