Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Paypal vs. CC card
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
If a company offers both, which do you choose-other than you may not want them to have your CC card on file? Do you have better recourse with either one if your order is never received or there's a problem? I ask because I had a problem with one website (luckily, funds were finally credited) but visa told me they could only intervene after 30 days once the company promised the funds would be credited (and you have the e-mail to back it up, obviously). Is it less of a hassle with paypal? Thanks
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on who I'm buying from. Generally speaking, I much prefer using a credit card as you definitely have a higher level of recourse with a larger credit card bank (ie: Citibank, etc) than with Paypal.

I work in business management and deal with lots of credit card companies...most of them require some type of waiting period for a credit.

If it's a company where I really don't worry about "issues" (ie: Candessence, PSF, etc), I'll usually use Paypal because the funds are taken from my bank account (I need to be careful about credit card balances Wink ).

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, paypal uses my CC card...I'm getting confuzzled... Confused
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
(You can set up your Paypal to charge either your bank account or your credit card)

I don't know...I've had to dispute charges on my credit cards (for various reasons) and it's always been a fairly pain-free experience -- I make the phone call and Am Express or whoever just handles it. I guess I just feel weird about possible disputes through Paypal since I've never done it before and it's The Unknown Embarassed.

I haven't read all of the info - but here's the link to Paypal regarding payment disputes....they say they will go to bat for the buyer just as your credit company would
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/securitycenter/buy/Protection-outside.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Regardless, though - I don't think that disputing through Paypal would be any LESS of a hassle than disputing through a cc company.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
PayPal does offer an extra layer of protection because they don't give your financial details to the seller. Use your credit card via PayPal because your CC company takes a little less time to investigate and resolve the issue than PayPal does and you can file your claim with both on the same day. Use your bank transfer option only when you have a long standing relationship with the seller. (For instance, when I order from Candessence, I use the bank transfer option if I have the cash available.) Even PayPal can't get cash back for you if the seller won't comply.

If you're using eBay to purchase and have trouble getting your item from the seller:

1. File a Non-Performing Seller claim as soon as allowed.
2. File a complaint with PayPal as soon as necessary, and
3. File a claim with your CC company on the same day you file the PayPal claim.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Marla,

I only have paypal account because many companies only accept paypal & it's easier when buying from U.S.-the transaction is already converted for you-you know what you're going to be charged.

In this case, it's a Canadian company (eskinstore) so I think I'll go with the devil I know-Visa Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ari, we posted at the same time. Do you mean use the CC option with paypal?I don't have a cash option-just CC anyway.Is this preferable?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use a credit card most of the time. If your CC company investigates and agrees with you, they'll credit your funds to you and go after the seller to recoup their funds (at least this is the way mine works). If you use cash, there's just no way to get your money back. Like I said, I only use cash when I know the seller very well. Upshot: Always use your CC on PayPal.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love paypal, but it does take much longer to contest something. You have to file a complaint and the other side has 20 days to respond.
I like that paypal keeps all your financial information private.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I also love paypal too.. It's very convienent, as you can send and recieve money from people that live in different countries. I've filed a dispute before and won. But it took like over a month to claim my money back. Confused
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
O.K. just to make make sure you guys understand..I don't have a cash paypal account, I just have my CC with them since some places just accept paypal..so I guess in this case, it wouldn't make a difference since, even though I pick the paypal option (so the place won't have my CC #) it STILL goes through on my CC? Embarassed
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
The difference is that (if you pay via Paypal) the dispute would be filed through Paypal instead of your cc (even though at the end the $$ is charged on your cc).

I think your original question was asking if getting your $$ back was LESS of a hassle with Paypal and, I feel, the answer is no.

No matter which way you pay, getting your $$ back from either Paypal or your cc company requires filing the dispute and waiting a certain number of days.

Does that answer your question? I hope I'm not confusing you more (I'm still on my first cuppa coffee this morning)...

Marla

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Marla..I get it. Then again, I'm on my 4th cup..always seems to help
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Do you know paypal offer 5.03% rate for money that is left in the account? Sometimes, I received money below 100 dollar, I just left it there and I earned interest like a bank.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
Do you know paypal offer 5.03% rate for money that is left in the account? Sometimes, I received money below 100 dollar, I just left it there and I earned interest like a bank.

That's fine for relatively small amounts. But PayPal isn't insured by the FDIC like a bank.

Ari

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |